Larry Brooks: Rangers/Red Wings Trouba Talks Heating up, NYR would retain $2.5

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

GENESISPuck94

Sponsor
May 2, 2022
NJ
What would the return be?

Only realistic (maybe?) option I see on their roster that is intriguing is Sprong (RW).

Edit: nevermind, he appears to be a free agent.

Last edited:

djzbad

Jun 10, 2022
I’m gonna guess we see this made official pretty soon cause I would expect a 2nd rounder to be in play but we’ll see, maybe it’s really not till Monday

McRanger92

Jun 7, 2017
LOL this board is funny. We went from Trouba isn't tradable to wanting a 2nd and a 1st? That would be incredible but Stevie Y isn't going to consider the 1st imo.

Every writer has said he has value and the rangers are retaining over 2 seasons. Other teams see him as an asset for the sane reason we did once upon a time

I’m gonna guess we see this made official pretty soon cause I would expect a 2nd rounder to be in play but we’ll see, maybe it’s really not till Monday

“Future considerations”

Reactions: djzbad

MrAlmost

Beer league hero.
Jun 3, 2010
I still think the better move is trading Lindgren and keeping Trouba. And if the room is so fragile and tunes out the coach already, even more of a problem getting rid of one of the few who didn't. We will see. I'd bet he will be good in Detroit.

Reactions: NikC and NickyFotiu

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I'm pretty sure the Red Wings have in mind to lock Moritz Seider up......possibly even lock Lucas Raymond up. They've got 12 guys signed and $32 mil to work with but if they're going to take on $5.5 of Jacob's contract and give Seider $7.5-8 and Raymond $6 a lot of that cap space is gone and they still have several holes to fill. So expect the Red Wings to send something back if they do a deal here with the Rangers. They might want to move someone like $4 mil Robby Fabbri who's a little pricey for 32 points or one of their D and I wouldn't be surprised if we get a draft pick or two.

Trouba at $5.5 is not bad. That's probably where he should have been in terms of his cap hit. The Red Wings aren't looking to add him to do us a favor. They're not our farm team. If they're serious about Jacob it's because they think he can help them make the next step to the playoffs. That will cost them something and rightly cost them something. Sending him there for free just because you think he sucks is overreaction.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
Every writer has said he has value and the rangers are retaining over 2 seasons. Other teams see him as an asset for the sane reason we did once upon a time

“Future considerations”
I agree with you. I have always said coaches around the league would want Trouba. I don't think a first and second is going to happen but Troyba does have value.

NickyFotiu

NYR 2024 Cup Champs!
Sep 29, 2011
I still think the better move is trading Lindgren and keeping Trouba. And if the room is so fragile and tunes out the coach already, even more of a problem getting rid of one of the few who didn't. We will see. I'd bet he will be good in Detroit.
I look at them as apples and oranges since they play opposite sides but Im okay moving Lindy. Id actually like to keep Trouba as a bottom pairing Dman if he wasn't making $8mill

Reactions: MrAlmost

Hunter Gathers

The Crown
Feb 27, 2002
parts unknown
You're getting Holl, Detroit still has 7 defensemen.

Schneider moves up to 2RD. Holl fills a roll.

Just the way it is.

Why are we eating salary if we are taking on Holl? I'd be fine with Holl with no retention on Trouba. I fail to see how Holl is essentially a $5.9M defenseman (which is his salary + the rumored $2.5M retention).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad