Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Vatanen gone as well

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oilerz

May 10, 2005
River City. E-Town
Exactly.

The posters here need to calm down. Chiarelli knows what he's doing. I doubt he's panicking like this board is.[/
Guys, there are a half dozen or so posters that are wondering if we should be doing something more. The "board" isn't panicking, most of us have waited for a draft before so we know how they work. We are checking to see if something has happened and not much more. Media personalities then check in here BRENDEN ULLRICH I'M LOOKING AT YOU and assume we all off our rocker. We're not, we're fans who just like hockey and the Oilers. We're not panicking. :shakehead

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Guys, there are a half dozen or so posters that are wondering if we should be doing something more. The "board" isn't panicking, most of us have waited for a draft before so we know how they work. We are checking to see if something has happened and not much more. Media personalities then check in here BRENDAN I'M LOOKING AT YOU and assume we all off our rocker. We're not, we're fans who just like hockey and the Oilers. We're not panicking. :shakehead

The Board is panicking, don't fool yourself.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Obviously but I'd like to see a finalized deal. Pakarinen might be going to arbitration so that's a different story but a nice 2 year deal at 850K per for Oesterle or something around those lines would be a good little signing.

Arbitration? He had 13 points and has played 1 NHL season. He'll take his qualifying offer and be thankful for it.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Arbitration? He had 13 points and has played 1 NHL season. He'll take his qualifying offer and be thankful for it.

Actually the Oilers would take him to arbitration.

There would be potential to open up the 2nd buyout window later in the summer if Pakarinen actually gets an award, which could clear some cap room for us.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

There would be potential to open up the 2nd buyout window later in the summer if Pakarinen actually gets an award, which could clear some cap room for us.

I can't see that happening. There's no point in taking him to arbitration, he's a useful player that's got value to the organization.

If you're going to use a guy as a pawn for an extra buyout window, use Gazdic.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I can't see that happening. There's no point in taking him to arbitration, he's a useful player that's got value to the organization.

If you're going to use a guy as a pawn for an extra buyout window, use Gazdic.

I personally wouldn't, I'd just re-sign Pakarinen, but Stauffer alluded to this as a possibility.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007

You don't actually have to take someone to arbitration to open up the second buyout window. Just have to file. So we could say were taking Pak to arbitration and sign him a few days before the hearing while still opening up the second buyout window.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton

Plan the parade :handclap::nod::help::help::cry:

Good for him. He's lucky he got another chance. Guess the team wants 1 more look then, bye bye.

I get it. We have squat for RW's and right shots and he'll almost assuredly pass through waivers. Not much risk in giving him one more shot to stay healthy.

Paralyzer

Oilers Win Cup in 2025
Sep 29, 2006
Somewhere Up North
I like Pitlick hopefully the glue holding his body together holds this season

If that doesn't work:

2015-11-05-1446737150-3653881-ducttape.jpg

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Just going to throw this out there... Tyler Pitlick's brother Rem is a little spitfire that had 89 points in the USHL this year. Projected to go 3rd-5th round. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Low centre of gravity, great scorer, speed to burn. I'm curious if the Oilers look at him with one of their 3rds.

Last edited:

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
Caggiula-Yakimov-Slepyshev
Winquist-Platzer-Russell
Hamilton-Benik-Pitlick
Moroz-Christoffer-Sallinen
Chase

Bakersfield forwards look DEEP (if Winquist comes back, if he doesn't then that leaves room for Kessy).

ResilientBeast

Proud Member of the TTSAOA
Jul 1, 2012
Edmonton
Caggiula-Yakimov-Slepyshev
Winquist-Platzer-Russell
Hamilton-Benik-Pitlick
Moroz-Christoffer-Sallinen
Chase

Bakersfield forwards look DEEP (if Winquist comes back, if he doesn't then that leaves room for Kessy).

That top line if they play together would be great.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
That top line if they play together would be great.

Top line is fantastic. LW and RW depth is solid.

C depth is where they might try to fix things. Platzer is better in the No.3 hole and Benik is not Oiler property, I could see them adding a C for the 2nd line.

I'd sign Winquist to an ELC with the Oilers. I know Khaira could go down and be the top six C but I'd rather he be up with the big club this year.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Top line is fantastic. LW and RW depth is solid.

C depth is where they might try to fix things. Platzer is better in the No.3 hole and Benik is not Oiler property, I could see them adding a C for the 2nd line.

Any rumblings if they're going to bring Boychuk back? That would really help the C depth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad