Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Vatanen gone as well

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Top line is fantastic. LW and RW depth is solid.

C depth is where they might try to fix things. Platzer is better in the No.3 hole and Benik is not Oiler property, I could see them adding a C for the 2nd line.

I'd sign Winquist to an ELC with the Oilers. I know Khaira could go down and be the top six C but I'd rather he be up with the big club this year.

I'd imagine Khaira is back in Bako next year, Winquist is gone, Benik slides over to the wing and Platzer moves down. Top 6 prolly looks like Hamilton-Yakimov-Slepyshev and Caggiula-Khaira-Russell/Pitlick.

RebuildTheRebuild

Apr 27, 2013
The thought sort of popped up into my mind but is there a reason that Bear hasn't signed his ELC yet? I remember Stauffer mentioning that after the WHL finals an ELC should get signed but it hasn't happened.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
The thought sort of popped up into my mind but is there a reason that Bear hasn't signed his ELC yet? I remember Stauffer mentioning that after the WHL finals an ELC should get signed but it hasn't happened.

Could be anything. Negotiating, or he wanted some time with his family - who he's very close with - after being away all season.

I wouldn't worry. The kid was a 5th round pick. I'd think he'd be thrilled to get offered an NHL contract.

SDig14

Feb 19, 2010
Edmonton, AB

My guess is because they went deep into the playoffs and now priority for Chiarelli has been the draft and prepping for free agency. Would not shock me if something got done on a dull summer day.

We still have over a year to get him signed so no real issues yet.

Paralyzer008

Jan 30, 2008
I'd imagine Khaira is back in Bako next year, Winquist is gone, Benik slides over to the wing and Platzer moves down. Top 6 prolly looks like Hamilton-Yakimov-Slepyshev and Caggiula-Khaira-Russell/Pitlick.

Winquist is a free agent but I'd definitely like to re-sign him.

Maybe Khaira is the first call-up but for the start, Bakersfield looks like:

Caggiula-Yakimov-Slepyshev
Winquist-Khaira-Russell
Hamilton-Platzer-Pitlick

Top nine.

Oilers have plenty of call-up options from there but would still need to add a piece or two of depth.

BarDownBobo

Oct 19, 2012
City of Champions
Winquist is a free agent but I'd definitely like to re-sign him.

Maybe Khaira is the first call-up but for the start, Bakersfield looks like:

Caggiula-Yakimov-Slepyshev
Winquist-Khaira-Russell
Hamilton-Platzer-Pitlick

Top nine.

Oilers have plenty of call-up options from there but would still need to add a piece or two of depth.

I know Winquist is a favorite on the boards, but I personally feel the Caggiula signing might make him the odd man out this summer.

Seachd

Mar 16, 2002
Just going to throw this out there... Tyler Pitlick's brother Rem is a little spitfire that had 89 points in the USHL this year. Projected to go 3rd-5th round. Might be worth keeping an eye on.

Low centre of gravity, great scorer, speed to burn. I'm curious if the Oilers look at him with one of their 3rds.

They're actually cousins. Rem is Lance's son.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Rem Pitlick was the best 10 year old player I've ever seen. He played in the Brick Hockey Tournament in Edmonton when he was 10. Same year Barzal played. He was undersized as a 10 year old too, but god damn was he a gifted little kid lol.

Glad to see his career has progressed to the point that he's going to end up (hopefully) drafted by someone.

ChaoticOrange

Jun 29, 2008
Edmonton
Rem Pitlick was the best 10 year old player I've ever seen. He played in the Brick Hockey Tournament in Edmonton when he was 10. Same year Barzal played. He was undersized as a 10 year old too, but god damn was he a gifted little kid lol.

Glad to see his career has progressed to the point that he's going to end up (hopefully) drafted by someone.

Hoping by us, honestly. We need to take more swings at guys with top 6 upside instead of taking 'safer' guys with bottom 6 floors.

Raoul Duke

Feb 21, 2010
Could be for Fayne if were adding a couple RHD... Maybe we see two guys like Myers and Demers or Lovejoy added.

I don't like the idea of buying out Fayne. 4 years of dead cap space.
Kinda hoping one of the analytics loving teams might want him. Even retaining a million would be better than a buyout.
Or just keep him if the caps not an issue.

Weitz

Sep 23, 2014
So... We ever going to see Chia put a stamp on this team?

I have a feeling now its going to be trade for another weak D prospect at the draft and hope for the best.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad