Rumor: Rumors & Proposals thread: Vatanen gone as well

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McPuritania

LucicDestroyedHaley
May 25, 2010
Toussaint
p2kpqAv.jpg

Please god...

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
What is your offer sheet order preference?

For me it is..

Ristolainen
Lindholm
Jones

For me it's

Jones
Ristolainen
Lindholm

Jones is an incredible talent. In Nashville he was stuck behind their other great D, but in Columbus he got a shot on the top pairing and did an awesome job. He's going to be equal to Ekblad, and he's also a RHD to boot.

I like Ristolainen a lot, who is also a RHD, and to me that's tough to put him ahead of Lindholm but I have to do it. Lindholm is slightly better (magnified by being on a better team though) but the right handedness of Risto gives him a slight edge.

It's tough though. I don't see much opportunity to succeed with an offer sheet with these guys. We're talking about #1 D type of players, and those are kept at all costs.

If Barrie were on your list I would put him right at the top for just that reason. I get the impression that there is a hard number that Colorado won't go over, so offer sheeting Barrie might actually be successful.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Foligno at 5.5 for another 4 years has me uninterested. Just too long.

Meh your dumping Pouliot so really your adding the 1.5M. I think that's affordable given what we're paying our wingers longterm and the fact RNH will eventually be moved. On top of that it's not like he's over the hill. Foligno's only 28 and would look real good next to Mcdavid for the next 5 years.

Foligno-Mcdavid-Eberle
Hall-Draisaitl-?
Maroon-RNH-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarainen

Klefbom-Savard
Sekera-Fayne

It's not great, but I really like the looks of that top line. Add a guy like Mcguinn to that second line and holy crap we've gotten a lot bigger, tougher to play against.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Meh your dumping Pouliot so really your adding the 1.5M. I think that's affordable given what we're paying our wingers longterm and the fact RNH will eventually be moved. On top of that it's not like he's over the hill. Foligno's only 28 and would look real good next to Mcdavid for the next 5 years.

Foligno-Mcdavid-Eberle
Hall-Draisaitl-?
Maroon-RNH-Kassian
Hendricks-Letestu-Pakarainen

Klefbom-Savard
Sekera-Fayne

It's not great, but I really like the looks of that top line. Add a guy like Mcguinn to that second line and holy crap we've gotten a lot bigger, tougher to play against.

Gotta admit, add McGinn and that still looks pretty ugly. :laugh:

Not to mention, make that trade and it's bye, bye Reinhart.

Birdperson

Mar 26, 2016
What is your offer sheet order preference?

For me it is..

Ristolainen
Lindholm
Jones

Jones
Lindholm
Ristolainen

Columbus is in a bad situation cap wise and is RH that could play on the PP. I doubt Buffalo lets Ristoalinen go plus he hasn't handled 1st pairing minutes very well, although he's been with Gorges (he's terrible) a bunch.

Lindholm is very very good but left-handed and not as much points. Doubt the Ducks would let him go.

SK13

non torsii subligarium
Jul 23, 2007
Edmonton
Seth Jones is basically the only player I have interest in offer-sheeting.

Shoots right, PPs, is the right age, has top pairing upside, is a top-4 defenseman now. He could be a good fit with Darnell Nurse someday and we have his brother in our system.

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013

that's interesting. #4 for 7+20. Even if we would make that trade though, I would want to wait to see what Columbus does at #3 first. You never know. Puljujarvi could be there. Stranger things have happened.

And of course, it might be preferable to see if we need to use that #4 to get the defenseman we want. We might prefer to make a pick, and trade other forwards instead, but maybe that's not what the team we want to trade with wants.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
Yes. He got Talbot signing, Sekera coming to Oilers, Paajarvi traded for Perron, etc.

And Chia to the Oilers too. When Bob Nicholson was hired he said the Oilers weren't done and more was coming and then 4 days later or so Chia was hired.

Speedyturtle is 100% legit. (S)He doesn't post rumours. When they post it's because something is legit happening. That's why s/he posts so rarely. Doesn't seem at all interested in spreading maybes. Just interested in letting us know when something is going down a tiny bit in advance.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
Gotta admit, add McGinn and that still looks pretty ugly. :laugh:

Not to mention, make that trade and it's bye, bye Reinhart.

Look at Pittsburgh forward group. Not much different then the one I posted.

Kunitz-Malkin-Rust
Hagelin-Bonino-Kessel
Sheary-Crosby-Hornqvist

I'd say our top 9 forwards are maybe not on par with that Pittsburgh forward group but I'd put them up against them with:

Foligno-Mcdavid-Eberle
Hall-Draisaitl-Mcguinn
Maroon-RNH-Kassian

That's not taking into account that we could add a talented winger at the trade deadline for a playoff push, which drops Mcguinn down to the 3rd line.

Raab

Oct 6, 2007
that's interesting. #4 for 7+20. Even if we would make that trade though, I would want to wait to see what Columbus does at #3 first. You never know. Puljujarvi could be there. Stranger things have happened.

And of course, it might be preferable to see if we need to use that #4 to get the defenseman we want. We might prefer to make a pick, and trade other forwards instead, but maybe that's not what the team we want to trade with wants.

Have to think only reason they wouldn't trade down for those two picks is they think the dman they want won't be there at 7.

lakai17

Aug 10, 2006

I am hopeful Columbus pass on Puljujarvi also otherwise that deal is half decent. There will be other offers definitely.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Have to think only reason they wouldn't trade down for those two picks is they think the dman they want won't be there at 7.

...or Logan Brown (Calgary at #6).

...or he's giving the gears to a rookie GM.

...or he's keeping his options open to see if a better offer comes in.

...or he's waiting for the market to open up to see which players become available on the draft floor.

I am hopeful Columbus pass on Puljujarvi also otherwise that deal is half decent. There will be other offers definitely.

That would be outstanding. But extremely unlikely.

bzur

Feb 11, 2007

Or Chia is just waiting to see if Pulji drops to 4. The pick will have it's best value when the #3 pick is done. Especially if it's just draft picks coming our way. If it was an impact player offered it might be another story.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad