Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

Status
Not open for further replies.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Puts Oilers in a bad spot. Creates bad blood between the players and the organization.

Not really surprised that Broberg signed that.

Kind of surprised that Holloway signed it.

I wonder if this is also a sign that players aren’t keen playing under Bowman? Could just be money related.

Reactions: McDoused

Yuke

Jan 15, 2020
So here is my issue. You say you need someone to help bring the GA down, but not a single stat in that post was GA. If you switch to GA/60, you see he is a solid D man.

His 5v5 GA/60 over the last 5 years is below 2.5, well better than Nurse and Bouchard. He was below 2 in the playoffs without Nurse, over 4 with. And this completely overlooks the fact he has been a very strong PK player for the past 5 years as well. All this while generally playing the toughest minutes on his team.

He has his warts, but when it comes to GA, he has a very positive track record.
Charts do not tell the complete story unless used correctly. Some of the categories list Desharnais and Stetcher above Nurse and Ceci. Those guys are not better than Ceci (or Nurse ).
When a guy like Dumba signs for 3.75 million you know RHD are hard to find and will be overpaid.
Start the year as we sit, play around with pairings and we may have the answer in house. A bird in the hand is better than 2 in the bush.

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
The fact that Broberg decided to sign for 4.6M after all the haircuts the vetrans decided to take July 1 for one more kick at the cat could be an FU to JJ for hiring Stan

I know he didn’t want the job but I can’t help but think JJ would have preemptively had these guys signed already

• Haha
Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Behind Enemy Lines

Feb 19, 2003
Vancouver
Welp. Blues throw out the perfect storm. Buy cheap on one or two cheap young players and drive up the salary structure on the Oilers in their window years. Will be a test of faith to see how much the Oilers believe in Broberg at $4.5 million x 2 who seems the priority poach by St. Louis.

f***.

FunkyChicken

Jul 24, 2003
Sucks that it is happening to us, but this offer sheet stuff is exciting. I hope we see more of it in the future.
Doesn't Ceci and Kulak also need surgery at the start of the season?

jlockhart89

Humboldt Strong
Jul 16, 2004
Humboldt, SK
Broberg asked for a trade last year, there’s clearly some feelings he hasn’t gotten a fair shake so I’m not surprised that he signed. The Holloway one is a bit more out of left field but I’d match that easily today and look at options for Broberg the rest of the week.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
If Kane goes LTIR like Bob suggests then we trade Ceci, then it's very realistic for the Oil to match.

Still have to do something unless Kane is sitting out all year.

Then will probably have to do something season when Draisaitl gets paid.

I think eventually they need to just move Nurse. But yeah, thats going to be hard.

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
Sucks that it is happening to us, but this offer sheet stuff is exciting. I hope we see more of it in the future.
Doesn't Ceci and Kulak also need surgery at the start of the season?
Ceci needs a lobotomy. Can we LTIR him for it? Stecher is good enough at least in the RS

I’d argue that Broberg was a pretty significant reason we got past Dallas. 4.6 is about right for a player like him

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
The fact that Broberg decided to sign for 4.6M after all the haircuts the vetrans decided to take July 1 for one more kick at the cat could be an FU to JJ for hiring Stan

I know he didn’t want the job but I can’t help but think JJ would have preemptively had these guys signed already
Did you get think both of them would just accept their QO?

Reactions: TopShelfGloveSide

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Call the Ducks, and just give a offer.

To ANA: Nurse, Akey, Berezkin, 2025 1st, 2025 2nd, 2027 1st

To EDM: Dumoulin and McGinn

To SJ: Ceci

To EDM: Futures

Match the offersheets and move forward.

Yes I know Nurse's NTC, but Anaheim is a Nice place to live for a high paid athlete.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad