Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Bruce it normally on point, but woof to this. There's a good chance Broberg will be better than Nurse next year.
Not playing on the right side

This is exactly why I have been saying you can’t have Bouchard and Nurse. Broberg and Holloway will need a QO the same year McDavid and Bouchard are up.

Reactions: McTonyBrar

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
I think Army did Stans work for him on Holloway.

I don’t know who they can replace Bro for 4.6M. Maybe Stecher can play that spot in the RS and they can find someone at the deadline

Reactions: ujju2

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I’m gonna have an aneurysm. KEEP BROBERG. Please don’t lose him. He’s shown top pair potential. I love Holloway but wingers are replaceable.

f*** St. Louis. Dirty f***s

Reactions: Duke74 and Yuke

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Bye bye Holloway and Broberg

That might indeed be the case. The longer I think about it, the more inclined I am to believe that a big part of that Oilers dressing room would not be too pleased with welcoming Holloway and Broberg back as a fair chunk of the veterans took pay cuts to be here. That sets the tone. If a player wants a big pay day over being on a contending team then they can get the f*** out.

Reactions: PositiveCashFlow

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
This is on Woodcroft and Holland for de-prioritizing youth and letting these players rot without giving two shits about their development

That and Holland getting taken to the cleaners in the Nurse negotiation + investing in so much dead cap ($5+ million penalty this year) over his tenure. If it wasn't for that, both would've been signed at 1.5 mill a month ago.

PositiveCashFlow

the construction could be better
Jul 10, 2007
That might indeed be the case. The longer I think about it, the more inclined I am to believe that a big part of that Oilers dressing room would not be too pleased with welcoming Holloway and Broberg back as a fair chunk of the veterans took pay cuts to be here. That sets the tone. If a player wants a big pay day over being on a contending team then they can get the f*** out.
This

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Seems like a terrible choice by these guys, have to think they would have known that due to the terrible pick compensation that the oilers would begrudgingly match.

I’m sure that won’t be awkward in the room at all. Your team is trying to win a Stanley cup, veterans are taking discounts and two guys who have done almost nothing strong arm the team in the worse way possible.
Holloway was a big part of that Cup run. Actually both were. Heck the leaders said in the room lets all come back and try to win this.

Foegele literally cried. Vinny didnt want to leave. Even friggin Perry came back.

While these two chased the money. Please keep Broberg Bowman

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Too much trust in the rest of the GM community that this stuff doesn't happen. I think Jeff Jackson should've been a lot more focused on protecting these assets.

Broberg in particular is getting paid something he simply wasn't going to be offered here. You really can't blame him. St Louis' depth on LD is Nick Leddy, Scott Perunovich, Ryan Suter and Pierre-Olivier Joseph. Krug is cooked.

I think the Oilers match Holloway and let Broberg sign. We probably don't hit them back until after our competitive window closes.

Sucks.

Last edited:

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Holloway is an easy match. I would then match on Broberg then trade him for a better return.

This is why they traded McLeod, so they would have the 10%buffer to match. I feel like they seen it coming.
Holloway is replaceable NOT Broberg. Broberg just showed he can play top 4 and has shown flashes of being top pair in the future. You do not lose that

TameYew

Oct 24, 2016
Holloway is replaceable NOT Broberg. Broberg just showed he can play top 4 and has shown flashes of being top pair in the future. You do not lose that
How do you give an unproven player 4.5m AND ask Drai to take an 8 year paycut? You don't. The only way to salvage this is to get something other than draft picks for them.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Too much trust in the rest of the GM community that this stuff doesn't happen. I think Jeff Jackson should've been a lot more focused on protecting these assets, but at the end of the day,

Broberg in particular is getting paid something he simply wasn't going to be offered here. You really can't blame him. St Louis' depth on LD is Nick Leddy, Scott Perunovich, Ryan Suter and Pierre-Olivier Joseph. Krug is cooked.

I think the Oilers match Holloway and let Broberg sign. We probably don't hit them back until after our competitive window closes.

Sucks.

Not sure how much value Holloway has at 2.2m either. He might or he might not. Hes somewhat of a question mark because of his injury history. At something that starts with a 1 its a no brainer but he starts to lose his value as it goes up both in terms of cap hit and trade value because his qualifying offer also goes up.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad