Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

SupremeTeam16

5-14-6-1
May 31, 2013
Baker’s Bay
Seems like a terrible choice by these guys, have to think they would have known that due to the terrible pick compensation that the oilers would begrudgingly match.

I’m sure that won’t be awkward in the room at all. Your team is trying to win a Stanley cup, veterans are taking discounts and two guys who have done almost nothing strong arm the team in the worse way possible.

Reactions: Duke74 and McDoused

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
I wouldn’t match, how do these guys looks their teamates in the face when trying to win the cup after just destroying the cap?
Holloway is an easy match. I would then match on Broberg then trade him for a better return.

This is why they traded McLeod, so they would have the 10%buffer to match. I feel like they seen it coming.

McBooya42

Let's do this!
Jun 28, 2010
Edmonton
Holloway is an easy match. I would then match on Broberg then trade him for a better return.

This is why they traded McLeod, so they would have the 10%buffer to match. I feel like they seen it coming.
How the hell do you trade Broberg at 4.6x2? He's not worth it IMO, but I guess he is for St. Louis?

Reactions: Duke74

McDrai

Mar 29, 2009
Disappointing that the Oilers didn’t prioritize these 2 players. We are at risk of losing them this year, not the case with Draisaitl.

Also, not a good look that these 2 players signed the offer sheets. Puts us in quite a bad spot. The Bowman hiring probably played a factor in St. Louis putting in the offer sheets. Play stupid games, win stupid prizes.

Fixed to Ruin

Come wit it now!
Feb 28, 2007
Grande Prairie, AB
Looks like we got caught with our pants down.

Concerning.
309425.jpg

Reactions: Sanchez

Stealth1616

Oct 12, 2019
Seems like a terrible choice by these guys, have to think they would have known that due to the terrible pick compensation that the oilers would begrudgingly match.

I’m sure that won’t be awkward in the room at all. Your team is trying to win a Stanley cup, veterans are taking discounts and two guys who have done almost nothing strong arm the team in the worse way possible.

Broberg I can see why he would have signed an offersheet. He has kinda got screwed around here a bit and he now has 9M guaranteed compared to what he would have made here. We were probably low balling him.

Holloway one is quite surprising. He is an Alberta kid with a great chance to win a cup and has progressively given more opportunity. We will probably match as it’s not that much higher then what he would’ve got here. But it’s disappointing to see a young guy go for 1M when all the vets around him are taking discounts to win. Really shows the difference in mindsets between the older and the younger. If he returns I am sure the vets aren’t going to be too happy about it

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Broberg I can see why he would have signed an offersheet. He has kinda got screwed around here a bit and he now has 9M guaranteed compared to what he would have made here. We were probably low balling him.

Holloway one is quite surprising. He is an Alberta kid with a great chance to win a cup and has progressively given more opportunity. We will probably match as it’s not that much higher then what he would’ve got here. But it’s disappointing to see a young guy go for 1M when all the vets around him are taking discounts to win. Really shows the difference in mindsets between the older and the younger. If he returns I am sure the vets aren’t going to be too happy about it
Iam sure Holloway feels like he was screwed over as well, especially under Woodcroft.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad