Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Does Bowman Make His Mark on the Team Before Training Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018

Hell no. Keep Broberg. Holloway is replaceable

Puts Oilers in a bad spot. Creates bad blood between the players and the organization.

Not really surprised that Broberg signed that.

Kind of surprised that Holloway signed it.

I wonder if this is also a sign that players aren’t keen playing under Bowman? Could just be money related.
Is Bowman coaching them and on the ice with them?

Bruce it normally on point, but woof to this. There's a good chance Broberg will be better than Nurse next year.
Agreed. This would be a terrible decision. We've seen this before. Top 4 Dmen are never easy to trade for. Holloway is replaceable. Wingers can be found easily.

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
Not sure how much value Holloway has at 2.2m either. He might or he might not. Hes somewhat of a question mark because of his injury history. At something that starts with a 1 its a no brainer but he starts to lose his value as it goes up both in terms of cap hit and trade value because his qualifying offer also goes up.

Both of these kids have potential but neither have established themselves as regular NHLers yet (even with both having solid playoffs). You move on and offer sheet two of their meh players in a decade. Armstrong is a dildo

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
It doesn't really matter, LHD or RHD, Philip Broberg as a very good chance to be better than Nurse this year and much better going forward. Not sure why this confuses so many.
I don't get what people see on the ice. Broberg has top pair potential while playing both LD and RD

I think Army did Stans work for him on Holloway.

I don’t know who they can replace Bro for 4.6M. Maybe Stecher can play that spot in the RS and they can find someone at the deadline
Stecher can play top 4? Heck no man

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

Oilhawks

Song to Hall Up High
Nov 24, 2011
I don't get what people see on the ice. Broberg has top pair potential while playing both LD and RD

Stecher can play top 4? Heck no man

Frankly it doesn’t really matter if Broberg has top pair potential (I’m a fan and don’t think he does, at least not here, maybe on a bottom dwelling shit team like the Blues). They can’t afford to pay him $4.5M to play on his offside on the second pair or even better, the bottom pair. He can go

Okanagan

Jan 7, 2019
They could let Holloway walk, and flip the 3rd with Ceci to a bottom feeder for a bag of pucks, err, future considerations.

That St Louis 2nd for Broberg will likely be inside the top 45 picks.....could let him walk and flip that 2nd and Ceci for an upgrade on the right side. Who is out there?

Faelko

Aug 11, 2002
No you don't. You sign it. If it's easy to get a top 4 Dman who can play left side and right side, please point me in that direction
He’s got too small of a sample size for me to be comfortable giving him that contract, he could just as easily regress next year as improve. I let StL have him.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Frankly it doesn’t really matter if Broberg has top pair potential (I’m a fan and don’t think he does, at least not here, maybe on a bottom dwelling shit team like the Blues). They can’t afford to pay him $4.5M to play on his offside on the second pair or even better, the bottom pair. He can go

I'm calling it now. If we let Broberg go, it will be a monumental mistake.

Heavy Dee

May 29, 2005
Too much trust in the rest of the GM community that this stuff doesn't happen. I think Jeff Jackson should've been a lot more focused on protecting these assets, but at the end of the day,

Broberg in particular is getting paid something he simply wasn't going to be offered here. You really can't blame him. St Louis' depth on LD is Nick Leddy, Scott Perunovich, Ryan Suter and Pierre-Olivier Joseph. Krug is cooked.

I think the Oilers match Holloway and let Broberg sign. We probably don't hit them back until after our competitive window closes.

Sucks.
I didn't care for the Henrique signing either. He was replaceable. That's gonna cost Kulak probably

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
Reactions: McDoused

TopShelfGloveSide

Dec 10, 2018
Well that's f***ing dumb, also Broberg is probably the 3rd best defenseman on the team, expensive because young, seems like a stupid attitude, but here we are I guess.

Lauren looks amazing and it's a really impressive wedding set up.
It’s not because “young” it’s because he’s unproven. He’s been bad the majority of his time here. One good playoff run was great but that doesn’t make him worth 4.6 million.

Reactions: Oilhawks
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad