Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Canovin

1% is the new 11.5%
Oct 27, 2010
The deadline deal this deadline will probably be like

EDM 1st (2026) + STL 2nd + Evander Kane
for
a d-man like Larsson (SEA), Brodie (CHI), or Provorov (COL) + a young player

Kane has to be gone before the start of next season, there's just a given, you might as well kill two birds with one stone this way.
If Evander Kane is back to form. I rather have him and the 1st and 2nd than other of those guys

Nostradumbass

Divinity
Jan 1, 2007
Does Draisaitl even pay his income tax in Canada in the first place? He is a German citizen.

Tavares is not (last I checked) German.

What I was saying was the Oilers effectively cover the interest cost on a loan by paying the player even more but in return the player then agrees to defer more salary, driving his cap hit down.

I don't think institutions are never going to let pro sports athletes borrow money or open up lines of credit just because 1 player (Evander Kane) was irresponsible. If they operated that way, no one would get lent anything as plenty of wall street folks and regular folks have gone bust on loans in the past.
There is a tax treaty between Canada and Germany. Everything else you’ve said further illustrates you don’t have any background in what you’re trying to speak to.

Reactions: Tobias Kahun

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If Evander Kane is back to form. I rather have him and the 1st and 2nd than other of those guys

And you can also be over the salary cap next year most likely then. Some of these players have to go.

The 1st is also bringing back a top 4 D.

belair

Win it for Ben!
Apr 9, 2010
Canada
Kane hasn’t been in form in 2 years and is 33 years old. Time to let go of the hope that he’ll rebound.
When Holloway admits hit wrist is f***ed at 22, Kane's at 33 is probably worse after that freak injury. His passing would suggest just that.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
He still scored 21 goals last year which is on par with his salary in today’s NHL. If he can continue to score 20 plus we are just fine
It’s not that hard to find 20 goal scorers for less than that. Foegele scored 20 too and he signed in LA for what… $3m? And he PKs too.

And that’s kind of besides the overall point tbh. This Drai contract and Bouchard whenever he signs it will mean salary will need to be shed from team.

There’s not a lot of places for that to happen.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I'm not really upset that we didnt get Barrie on PTO.

I want one of Schultz, Shattenkirk or DEANGELO if we don't make a trade.

Come at me Deangelo haters :naughty:

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
He still scored 21 goals last year which is on par with his salary in today’s NHL. If he can continue to score 20 plus we are just fine

We can't afford it, people who are saying this aren't looking at the cap structure.

He was always going to be traded in the last year of his contract to make room for Draisiatl's extension, look at the way the contract is structured with the NMC opening up to a broad 16 team trade list starting this trade deadline.

oXo Cube

Power Play Merchant
Nov 4, 2008
In your closet
Kane is 100% gone after this year to pay for contract increases. Very obvious odd man out.

Best thing for both sides is he plays well enough this year to be tradeable but whether he's capable of that or not is up in the air.

Reactions: Jimmi McJenkins

WaitingForUser

Mar 19, 2010
Edmonton
It’s not that hard to find 20 goal scorers for less than that. Foegele scored 20 too and he signed in LA for what… $3m? And he PKs too.

And that’s kind of besides the overall point tbh. This Drai contract and Bouchard whenever he signs it will mean salary will need to be shed from team.

There’s not a lot of places for that to happen.
This is true and in February Kanes NMC becomes a 10 team NTC so there is a good chance he will be traded when that time to shed salary becomes and issue. In the mean time his cap hit does not hurt us.

Jimmi McJenkins

Sometimes miracles
Jan 12, 2006
Alberta
I'm not really upset that we didnt get Barrie on PTO.

I want one of Schultz, Shattenkirk or DEANGELO if we don't make a trade.

Come at me Deangelo haters :naughty:
Deangelo also just sucks, at hockey. Which is the thing you need him to do.

I suspect they will make a trade. Trading Kualk for a RHD and then signing Scandella would be a ALOT better.

Mikey71

Apr 3, 2005
With how popular Barrie was in the Oiler room, how much of a plug and play player he would have been, and how it appears he likely would have taken the same deal in Edmonton, I am guessing Stan has something else in mind that is close but hasn't happened yet.

K1984

Feb 7, 2008
With how popular Barrie was in the Oiler room, how much of a plug and play player he would have been, and how it appears he likely would have taken the same deal in Edmonton, I am guessing Stan has something else in mind that is close but hasn't happened yet.

He probably just realized that he can't skate, is more or less cooked, and doesn't fit a need whatsoever.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

I kinda feel sorry for him, you know he wanted to come here, his wife is very close with other Oiler wifeys too like RNH's wife.

If you can get him at 50% retained, Klim Kostin honestly wouldn't be a bad replacement for Evander Kane who inevitably is gong to have go due to cap.

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany

Just not the right fit sadly, as much as I love the guy. Barrie needs PP time to look NHL calibre, but he's not going to get that with Bouchard here. It's the same with others like Schultz, Klingberg and Deangelo.

The Oil need someone that can hold their head above water at evens and on the PK, and at the moment Lindstrom's the only UFA that sorta fits that bill. But even then, he's just more of the same as Emberson, and even Kemp who should be knocking on the door as a DDF.

Reactions: K1984

Dazed and Confused

Ludicrous speed, GO!
Aug 10, 2007
Berlin, Germany
If you can get him at 50% retained, Klim Kostin honestly wouldn't be a bad replacement for Evander Kane who inevitably is gong to have go due to cap.

If you're moving on from Kane, grabbing Kostin as a replacement would be a tidy bit of business.

I like Kane, but swapping a 33 year old PF for someone who's 8 years younger is a no brainer.

Reactions: Faelko

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
If you're moving on from Kane, grabbing Kostin as a replacement would be a tidy bit of business.

I like Kane, but swapping a 33 year old PF for someone who's 8 years younger is a no brainer.

Honestly should've tried to get him retained at last year's deadline.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad