Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Spawn

Something in the water
Feb 20, 2006
Edmonton
There's Podkolzin who could fit that bill. He's only 3 months older than Holloway and their numbers are honestly not all that different. Holloway just has more hype.
Big difference is that Holloway has shown much more offensive production at levels leading up to the NHL.

Podkolzin has never really produced anywhere.

FlameChampion

Jul 13, 2011
Big difference is that Holloway has shown much more offensive production at levels leading up to the NHL.

Podkolzin has never really produced anywhere.

I feel like he hasn’t really produced all that much either.

He had a good draft +1 season but unfortunately for him, I think the wrist injury is going to derail his offense potentially for his career. I think he can be a player for a long time but I can’t really see much offense from him personally. Guess we will see.

GOilers88

#FreeMoustacheRides
Dec 24, 2016
You're using time periods where the team had an inferior line up and a year where there weren't fans in the stands (which is a big reason why this last year was significant).
That's a whole lot of mean nothing to me.

They were 7-5 at home and 7-6 away this year.

They were 3-3 at home and 3-3 away in 2023.

They were 4-4 at home and 4-4 away in 2022.

If you think home ice would have changed anything last year, that's fine. I disagree. It doesn't seem to reflect at all in any of their recent playoff history either. To me it's a whatever and I'd rather see them have to be on their game all year than rolling over everyone all the way into the post season.

CupofOil

Knob Flavored Coffey
Aug 20, 2009
NYC
Watching Game 7 now because it's Sunday Night and I'm a bit bored, first time I've seen even one minute of the game since it happened, and I have a feeling that the Oilers are going to miss Foegele, Holloway and Broberg. Their size and speed combo was giving the Panthers fits, Foegele in particular was really good. I hope the new guys can fill their skates, so to speak. Gonna miss Broberg and Holloway's long term potential, the Oilers have a big void to fill with those two departed, long term.

Reactions: Darkwinter

McDoused

Feb 5, 2007
Katy <3
Watching Game 7 now because it's Sunday Night and I'm a bit bored, first time I've seen even one minute of the game since it happened, and I have a feeling that the Oilers are going to miss Foegele, Holloway and Broberg. Their size and speed combo was giving the Panthers fits, Foegele in particular was really good. I hope the new guys can fill their skates, so to speak. Gonna miss Broberg and Holloway's long term potential, the Oilers have a big void to fill with those two departed, long term.

The finals are a slog. Guys are held together with tape and glue. Depth role players tend to look good because the stars are being shutdown and gassed.

Honestly I'm kinda tried hearing about Broberg and Holloway. Miss them or not, they decided to leave and f*** over the Oilers. Neither guy helped us during the regular season last year and it just allows the next guy to step up. Podkolzin might be better suited to a 4th line role than Holloway anyways and he's cost controlled. Broberg wasn't in the long term plans anyways being blocked by Kulak on the left side. If we grab a guy like Andersson, I don't think anyone would care that Broberg is gone.

Foegele was a great guy in the locker room but he wasnt a fit in the top 6. LAK can pay him 3.5M to play on the 3rd line. As I've pointed out previously, the Oilers were one or the worst teams at finishing last year. Foegele was 6 goals lower than his expected goals. Replacing him with a 6 time 30 goal scorer is a no brainer, not to mention for 500k cheaper.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad