Colorado Avalanche Training Camp Dates

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GirardSpinorama

Aug 20, 2004
So we finished 0-3 in this rookie tournament and the talent out there was obviously lacking. A bigger problem I have is that Avs never really invite anybody interesting to these tourneys or even the main training camp. If there is a hyped prospect who was weirdly passed over in the draft, you never see them get an invite here. Ivan Ivan is probably one of the only few players Avs invited for the past four or so years that had an intriguing, later-bloomer sort of background.

Most, if not all of their invites are just AHL depth players who more likely will never see any sort of light in the NHL. I get you need role players and they are important, but considering how below-average our prospect pool is, you'd think they would go after some of the higher potential, higher bust invitees who have a red flag, but the potential talent to overcome it. No offence to players like Bunelle, Pyke, Hillebrand, or Scheel, but these are bottom-of-the-barrel scraps.

Ya. Other than our drafted and already signed rookies, it felt like those invites are trying to identify AHL roleplayers...

Reactions: S E P H

MarchessaultCantRead

Mar 3, 2023
We're really gonna be the last f***ing team in the league to reveal all our PTOs, aren't we?
Did you see the lists of those teams!??

Teams are announcing singing like 18 PTO guys that have zero chance to be anything more than their respective team’s next hot dog salesman.

However, PEB, alone, is one of the best PTOs in the league. I really wouldn’t be worried about an official list!

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
I've looked at the lists of PTO names apparently worth putting into thread titles on the main board and 99% of them may as well have been plucked out of the phone book. I have no issues with us not pulling twenty random guys off the street to make up numbers.

Ceremony

blahem
Jun 8, 2012
1726693336825.png

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad