Rumor: Rumors & Proposals Thread | Broberg, Holloway and Ceci are Gone, Do We Add Another D Before Camp?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
Seravalli says Leon's contract negotiations were done on Thursday and the contract was set for Friday.Sounds like they didn't need much time to sign Leon

Reactions: McDoused

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Bouchard at 10 million for 8 years. Who says no?
I do. But what I say doesn't matter.. he will be a whipping boy worse than Nurse if he gets 10M in a place like Edm.
The man better be certain that he won't go through a dry spell or the fans and media will chew him to bits.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
I do. But what I say doesn't matter.. he will be a whipping boy worse than Nurse if he gets 10M in a place like Edm.
The man better be certain that he won't go through a dry spell or the fans and media will chew him to bits.
How? He’s putting up points and he has Ekholm for now. How is he all of a sudden going to be a whipping boy?

Man some of you guys just love talking about negativity

La Bamba

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 23, 2009
Bouchard at 10 million for 8 years. Who says no?
Locking up Bouchard for his 25-33 year old seasons is an auto win for me. The team was a couple of goals away from the Cup with him being the most played Oiler (other than the goalies)

There is no way he will make less than Nurse. The best case scenario is 9.5M per for 8 years imo but I'd pay whatever to keep him.

Reactions: stewy04

oobga

Tier 2 Fan
Aug 1, 2003
Kane is 100% gone after this year to pay for contract increases. Very obvious odd man out.

Best thing for both sides is he plays well enough this year to be tradeable but whether he's capable of that or not is up in the air.

Can't we pull a Vegas and pre-announce that Kane will have ongoing issues and everyone can expect him to miss large amounts of every season? :)

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
How? He’s putting up points and he has Ekholm for now. How is he all of a sudden going to be a whipping boy?

Man some of you guys just love talking about negativity
Higher expectations when you triple your income?
Just read these boards and listen to media when he goes 5 games without a point next season.
There were some rumblings in playoffs too despite him getting assists. Only 1 goal in DAL series and 0 vs FLA.

McTonyBrar

Apr 2, 2018
They need to start the season with Nurse-Bouchard and see how that pairing does. If it doesn't work then you go back to Ekholm-Bouchard. If Bouchard can make Nurse look like a top pairing D again then pay the man whatever he wants.
One problem: What if they don't have the same chemistry as Bouchard and Ekholm?

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
It will give the team an idea if Bouchard can carry a pairing or if he needs Ekholm to succeed at 5x5. You don't want to over pay if Bouchard can't play with anyone else but Ekholm.
Agreed 100%.

If Bouchard can’t carry a pairing without Ekholm and he gets a hefty contract, suddenly you’re saddled with two defencemen making 9+ million while still needing defencemen capable of “carrying” them defensively.

TheNumber4

Nov 11, 2011
Anyone even find out why McD and Matthews were in Germany together? Draisaitl invite or what?

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Nurse and Bouchard aren’t even remotely comparable.

foshizzle

Feb 1, 2007
Agreed 100%.

If Bouchard can’t carry a pairing without Ekholm and he gets a hefty contract, suddenly you’re saddled with two defencemen making 9+ million while still needing defencemen capable of “carrying” them defensively.
Bouchard, before Ekholm even became an Oiler, was excellent at zone denials, puck retrievals, and successful zone exits. He has developed like defensemen like him usually do- Ekholm just happened to be his partners and gets way to much credit. Ekholm is awesome, but he isn’t the reason Bouchard became Bouchard.

Agreed 100%.

Bouchard has never needed anyone to carry him. Not through juniors and not in the NHL. This fan base will never appreciate skilled d-men. Hell, we chased Coffey away.

dem

Mar 17, 2002
Stauffer was talking a big game about the Oilers apparently taking development and analytics/scouting way more seriously. We’ll see it to fill out the roster in the future. We’ll see what they have in store.

Just more Stauffer nonsense.

If they weren’t taking it seriously before.. then wtf were they doing? There is no salary cap on your scouting and analytics. There is no excuse.

If you’re not taking it seriously then you shouldn’t be in the league.

PuckG

Feb 26, 2015
Bouchard, before Ekholm even became an Oiler, was excellent at zone denials, puck retrievals, and successful zone exits. He has developed like defensemen like him usually do- Ekholm just happened to be his partners and gets way to much credit. Ekholm is awesome, but he isn’t the reason Bouchard became Bouchard.

Bouchard has never needed anyone to carry him. Not through juniors and not in the NHL. This fan base will never appreciate skilled d-men. Hell, we chased Coffey away.
Offensively, of course not. He’s an absolute offensive dynamo.

He is not by any means a defensive stalwart. He lacks intensity on the boards and in his own zone at times. His playoff performance was outstanding defensively as well, but it was a short sample size. He needs to carry a pairing on both ends of the ice to warrant 10 million + and he needs to do it consistently.

Whether he is “appreciated” or not, you simply can’t pay two defensemen 20+ million if both of them can’t carry their own pairing.

I’m a Bouch fan and asking for consistency on both ends of the ice is not outrageous by any means.

Reactions: guymez
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad