Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I have revised my idea that they flip Tuch and Olofsson by about game 3. I now think they flip Mitts and Thompson by game 3. :biglaugh:

elchud

Nov 1, 2015
If Craig Anderson is healthy all season he may he a lock for 30 starts. If UPL (somehow....and hopefully) gets around 17, all of a sudden Comrie might be wondering why he signed here. 35 starts this season is more than he has ever had in a season, but less than what he was expecting I'm sure.

It may not shake out like laid out above. But if Comrie simply isn't performing as well as the other two...

Its a tough spot for him...playing Florida, not getting the opening game, not being "beloved" like CA and now he has to be wondering if he is just a placeholder and extra guy as the franchise moves to UPL and Levi.

But its early, who the hell knows

Reactions: GrierIsGod123

Fjordy

Jun 20, 2018
If Craig Anderson is healthy all season he may he a lock for 30 starts. If UPL (somehow....and hopefully) gets around 17, all of a sudden Comrie might be wondering why he signed here. 35 starts this season is more than he has ever had in a season, but less than what he was expecting I'm sure.

It may not shake out like laid out above. But if Comrie simply isn't performing as well as the other two...

Its a tough spot for him...playing Florida, not getting the opening game, not being "beloved" like CA and now he has to be wondering if he is just a placeholder and extra guy as the franchise moves to UPL and Levi.

But its early, who the hell knows
If he gets 35 starts, that's not bad for him either, last season there were less than 20. I don't understand how you can draw any conclusions from Comrie now? The dude played two preseason games with the AHL defense and that was it. I think Anderson will not be able to maintain a high pace due to age, so he will need to rest. It's too early to tell and we have no idea how many games Comrie will play or how good he'll be.

Reactions: Dingo44

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia
I have revised my idea that they flip Tuch and Olofsson by about game 3. I now think they flip Mitts and Thompson by game 3. :biglaugh:
I guess history tells us that Skinner has a down year this season but he doesn't need to do it in such fantastic, bumbling idiot style.

Team Cozens

Oct 24, 2013
Burlington
Four very tough games coming up followed by four winnable games and then 2 harder games again. I'd be thrilled with a 6-5-1 start to the season.

Florida
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver

Seattle
Montreal
Chicago
Detroit

Pittsburgh
Carolina

Reactions: Dirty Dog

NotABadPeriod

ForFriendshipDikembe
Oct 28, 2006
I think the most important factor in Anderson starting last night was the opponent. I'm not sure I'd read more into it at this point.

I think it's the vibes thing. He's the elder statesman of the team, so he gets the opener. That's really all there is to it.

It's not like Comrie is an established starter either. He's never been a #1 goalie, so he doesn't have that automatic claim either.

Reactions: jc17

Sabre the Win

Joke of a Franchise
Jun 27, 2013
When was the last time we beat Florida? I feel like this is the biggest measuring stick match-up since their core is still in their prime. Tampa would be another but they are getting older.

is the answer jesus

Mar 10, 2008
Tonawanda, NY
Peterka has the best goal song. Such a great, fun party song.

Of all the "newer" songs I probably like Narco by Timmy Trumpet the best for a goal song. Little over done by the Mets and Diaz but it's a great tune. I also like the rap/r&b throwbacks of DMX, Notorious, and Montell Jordan, classic rock always works too.
I went down the rabbit hole of listening to some of the songs I didnt know and there's officially some really weird shit in there.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
Four very tough games coming up followed by four winnable games and then 2 harder games again. I'd be thrilled with a 6-5-1 start to the season.

Florida
Edmonton
Calgary
Vancouver

Seattle
Montreal
Chicago
Detroit

Pittsburgh
Carolina
Assuming they are healthy…

I think they go something like 11-7-2 in first 20 before thxgvg