Roster thread: Get To Work (2022-2023 Season)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dingo44

We already won the trade
Sponsor
Jul 21, 2015
Greensboro, NC
I'm not a huge fan of them either, but I don't think I've ever been a fan of opening night lines. My main concern is Cozens line. Would rather spread out the veterans to each line than having such a youthful line.

Matt Fairburn at The Athletic had an entire article Monday about the Cozens line:

This offseason, Dylan Cozens has drawn lofty praise from Granato on multiple occasions. Granato views the 21-year-old, 2019 first-round pick as a player with captain material. Words are one thing. Actions are another. When Granato put together his lines in the final week of training camp, he showed just what he thinks of Cozens. He put him at center between 21-year-old Peyton Krebs and 20-year-old J.J. Peterka.

That line provides a window into Granato’s philosophy as a coach. A year ago, he let Cozens match up against some of the top players in hockey as a 20-year-old. Cozens handled the test admirably. Now in his third NHL season, Granato doesn’t feel the need to shelter him and Krebs with a shutdown defensive forward. Instead, he’s put them on a line with Peterka, a rookie who is still figuring out what he can and can’t get away with in the NHL.

“They’re going to ride the edge, where they know how to play defense,” Granato said. “There’s no question. The trick is, you click from defense to offense. That’s a lot on instinct and experience. When have we killed the play and how much can we start heading to offense now? Sometimes you start heading to offense with what seems to be a clear indication you should and it’s a bounce of a puck and you don’t recover and it’s in your net. If the puck is in our d-zone or we’re back-checking into our d-zone, what to do and responsibilities, there is no doubt. They know what mistake they make before they make it. That’s dramatically different. We don’t have to tell them what the mistake is. They know immediately.”

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
I have concerns with Krebs and Mittlestadt in general to start the season, but I guess it just indicates that the Sabres haven't quite turned the corner and need to continue giving ice time to guys that need to develop. That would be fine if Quinn and Peterka weren't also on the team.
Whats your issue with Mitts?

Reactions: Dingo44

Fezzy126

Rebuilding...
May 10, 2017

Love to see it.

Oh and for posters that keep saying we need to trade Mitts or this is a make it or break it year, these are the tea leaves the rest of read into when trying to figure out how invested he is here and how his is with his teammates.

Matt Ress

Don't sleep on me
Aug 5, 2014
Appalachia

Love to see it.

Oh and for posters that keep saying we need to trade Mitts or this is a make it or break it year, these are the tea leaves the rest of read into when trying to figure out how invested he is here and how his is with his teammates.

Mitts is my breakout candidate. Coaches and players have said he's one of the hardest working guys on the team. With that, he is going to need to show more this season or he'll begin to be leapfrogged by the wave of youth.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Just a heads up, but Buffalo had an amazing showing on the mainboard U23 team poll series.

2 defenders made the team outright.

2 forwards and 1 goalie were honourable mentions.

Pretty damn good spread I would say! Dahlin is going to graduate this year, but the other 4 guys will still be eligible. :hockey:
Most of the people voting don't even watch the sabres, so it's more of a popularity contest. I could've guessed the players that won.

WhereAreTheCookies

Feb 16, 2022
Top Shelf
Tuch going with the stadium hype anthem, and Bjork making sure no one hears Biggie.

Also I was hoping Okposo would go with Dad Vibes from Limp Bizkit because well, Dad Vibes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad