Roster Speculation Part XI...$teven $tamko$?? Pony up for PK?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Subban is a pipe dream. lbr, Edmonton could easily outbid us, should outbid us (considering how much more they need a top pairing RD), and has the bonus feature of not being in the same division as MTL. If the Habs are seriously putting feelers out there, the Oilers are the only destination that really makes sense to me.

I think we should continue to focus on where our top pairing LD is coming from.

DazedandConfused

thanks tips
Jul 30, 2013
Edmonton
If Subbs is moved, Id say it's at the draft because it's going to involve a 16 first rounder and their gonna wanna know where it is and not some crapshoot that could be 5th overall. If we somehow win the lottery, you offer Matthews ++ for prime mother ****ing PK SUBBAN signed for the length of ROR's deal.

The window opens.

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
If we added Subban and Enstrom, we'd be one of the best teams in the east next year (but Bylsma...)

Kane-ROR-Reinhart
Girgensons-Eichel-Ennis
Foligno-Larsson-Gionta

Enstrom-Subban
Pysyk-Risto

looong term your core is (and cap sustainable)
XXXX-ROR-Reinhart
Girgensons-Eichel-XXXX
XXXX-Larsson-XXXX

XXXX-Subban
XXXX-Risto

I agree we would have a shot of contending as soon as next year, its the long term sustainability that has me questioning it. If we count on the cap to continue rising I think it is cap sustainable, but it's difficult otherwise. From the long term roster we're looking at these cap hits (roughly)

ROR: 7.5M Rhino 5M
Girgs 4M Eichel 6.5 M
Larsson 3.5 M
Subban 9M
Risto 6M
Lehner 4.5 M

Thats 46 M committed to 8 players. The struggling Canadian dollar might mean the cap stays put for a little while, but lets assume it rises to 75M. That means we have 29M to spend on ~13 players which must include 2 more top 6 forwards and 2 more top 4 Dmen. Its not impossible, but thats tough

Edit: And I know Chicago is in a similar situation, they have a ton of money tied up in their top 8 guys. It is possible. You just need to really hit on your less expensive guys and make sure they can contribute or else you end up like Pittsburgh.

Last edited:

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
Bylsma skipping morning skate? How common is this? Wonder if he is talking roster with the GM.

Ah, trade deadline time. Gets me every year.

haseoke39

Mar 29, 2011
PK would look great in blue and gold for the right price, but you then consider that we're still not a plausible contender until we have at least two above average LHD, and we're functionally out of cap room (considering everybody gets raises in the Eichel, Reinhart, Risto, Girgensons camp).

Heraldic

Dec 12, 2013
So after talking like almost a year now how hard it is to acquire a young top-4 LHD without giving up any core piece, we're getting a young superstar RHD without giving any core piece. :laugh:

Subban's NMC kicks in after this season. Montreal is probably just doing in due diligence, which doesn't mean they are actually trading him.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
You trade Bogo to upgrade RD or get a LHD. If you think Montreal wouldn't do it, that's a separate issue. Most people don't think he'd be traded him for anything, and that's probably correct. If I was their GM, I wouldn't even listen to offers. But again, that's a separate issue.

The fact is, there are rumors the GM was looking into trading him - therefore, discussing what I would trade for him shouldn't be all that crazy of a notion for you to wrap your brain around. I understand that it might be difficult for you, but you might just have to get over it.
My initial reply on Bogosian was to a post about Bogosian having a no trade, and how that is too bad.

I was pointing out that you won't upgrade the roster by trading Bogosian. No one is giving you anything better in return.

brian_griffin

"Eric Cartman?"
May 10, 2007
In the Panderverse
If Subbs is moved, Id say it's at the draft because it's going to involve a 16 first rounder and their gonna wanna know where it is and not some crapshoot that could be 5th overall. If we somehow win the lottery, you offer Matthews ++ for prime mother ****ing PK SUBBAN signed for the length of ROR's deal.

The window opens.
It goes from being a tramp steamer portal to a 4-panel bay picture window.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
You are wrong about almost everything you say, including the above.

Most people are wrong because its opinion. I don't keep score though.

And please humor me with a Bogosian trade that makes us better. Maybe put it on the main board and see reaction.

Reddawg

We're all mad here
Sponsor
Mar 22, 2007
Rochester, NY
Yes
I think Fowler fills a huge hole for us but what we would give up would hurt

I caught an article on THW that said Fowler for Ennis with a couple extra pieces could happen...I don't buy it at all personally.

I just looked the article up...it's basically Ennis for Fowler straight up, and then they threw in Stefan Noesen for a 3rd rounder just because.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I caught an article on THW that said Fowler for Ennis with a couple extra pieces could happen...I don't buy it at all personally.

I just looked the article up...it's basically Ennis for Fowler straight up, and then they threw in Stefan Noesen for a 3rd rounder just because.

If Ennis were healthy, maybe. Anaheim isn't going to trade for him in his current condition.

Myllz

RELEASE THE KRAKEN
Jan 16, 2006
Vegas
I can't see Ennis bringing back Fowler if he was 120%, every Sabres fan would make that trade twice.

Maybe not straight up, but it's a decent starting point assuming Anaheim wants offense (i have no idea what their needs are).

B U F F A L O

Dec 30, 2013
So Chicago is looking to add a top 6 LW. What is available out there? Ladd?

Would they do McGinn for Bickell, 2016 1st?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad