Boston Bruins Training Camp

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Over the volcano

Mar 10, 2006
Watertown
he'd be very silly to extend today but i hope he does. it'd be also a little funny if he beat sway to the punch there.
It'd be glorious

I can't see the bruins letting him go after spending so much time/effort developing him into a what he is today. I think it'd be very dumb if they did.
They chose two year contract in arbitration that ran him right to UFA and imo they undercut him in arbitration on the comps. He's paid his dues and then some in Boston. I'm hoping they've come around on him and lock him up long term.

dangermike

Jan 24, 2022
Gotta sign him before he gets going IMO....I think he could approach 25 goals this year, 200 hits and 5-6 fights. Those guys write their own checks in UFA usually.
They've done it with Zacha, Carlo, and Gryz so it's not like they're wusses... but betting on your players could be a more lucrative move going forward 🤞

Reactions: SwayHeyKid

dugg133

Jan 11, 2023
They chose two year contract in arbitration that ran him right to UFA and imo they undercut him in arbitration on the comps. He's paid his dues and then some in Boston. I'm hoping they've come around on him and lock him up long term.
The bruins and Frederic never actually went to arb, they filed but came to an agreement before the meeting happened.

Reactions: Over the volcano

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Gotta sign him before he gets going IMO....I think he could approach 25 goals this year, 200 hits and 5-6 fights. Those guys write their own checks in UFA usually.

Perhaps it is best he does.

This is my favorite lineup. I’m not predicting Merkulov makes the team but I hope he does.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras
Frederic-Merkulov-Geekie
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Brazeau
Johnson

I expect similar but would prefer Frederic at 3rd Center to allow Brazeau on the 3rd line also. Poitras on the 2nd line would be exciting.

Reactions: Gordoff

bme44

Sponsor
Feb 18, 2010
Nova Scotia
Antigonish?

Yeah, I told the tour guide Bonvie was my favorite player from NS and he didn't know who he was.

Prophets are never accepted in their homelands.
Frankvile to be exact a very small community about 20 miles outside of Antigonish. A town of about 7000 He is younger than me but I played fastball against him. He was never really one of the best hockey players his age growing up but could scrap and was determined to make it in the sport.

Reactions: Dennis Bonvie

mar2kbos

Sep 28, 2017
I would love to see Merk and Lysell step up and earn a spot on this team while providing a little more fire power on offense. If I was a betting man though I wouldn’t be surprised to see a line up like this when it’s all said and done.

Zacha-Lindholm-Pastrnak
Marchand-Coyle-Poitras
Frederic-Geekie-Brazeau
Jones-Beecher-Kastelic
Johnson
How I see it as well except I don’t think they will sign Johnson. They need all the money they can as to probably fit in Swayman they already need to trade someone. So Brown most likely will be the box guy.

Reactions: Gordoff

Fenian24

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 14, 2010
If Frederic's counting stats look how they should by the deadline, he'd have great value in a "hockey trade". Maybe for a RW with more shooting talent
Yeah. Wouldn't want a complete player. Good defensively, good skater, hits, fights, scores. Players like Frederic are becoming rarer. If you have one you don't trade him right before the playoffs, you do everything you can to resign him.

DKH

Worst Poster/Awful Takes
Feb 27, 2002
Antigonish?

Yeah, I told the tour guide Bonvie was my favorite player from NS and he didn't know who he was.

Prophets are never accepted in their homelands.
How did this happen ?

He’s barely 50, played 23 games here in 2020-21 and as a F had 1 career goal (that year with Bruins) in 92 games.

He was a big time penalty accumulator and is a Bruins scout

Curious how you got the user name

Well this was interesting

Didn’t realize he’s the all time professional leader in PIM

He was on that Bruins train wreck team ~ I had my season tickets then but had 2 young yutes at home so wasn’t always paying attention those days hard core

Bonvie was like a shooting star

Sounds like Pennsylvania is his area

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad