Roster Speculation Part XI...$teven $tamko$?? Pony up for PK?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

old kummelweck

Nov 10, 2003
Get out of my mind!! :biglaugh: If the Habs really were daft enough to put Subban on the block, I image the two teams bidding on his services the hardest would be Buffalo and Edmonton. The question then becomes, does Buffalo put both this year's and next year's firsts into the pot to one-up whatever combination of RNH/Draisaitl and a first the Oilers could pony up? I'd be down for that, unprotected and all.
Just based on what Murray has given up in trades, my thinking is that he can't really be out-bid. It's whether what he has to offer is what they would be looking for, and also, whether they would want PK in the division.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Where do they get the trade chips to land Enstrom though? PK bidding seems like a heavy, "all-in" sort of move.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Just based on what Murray has given up in trades, my thinking is that he can't really be out-bid. It's whether what he has to offer is what they would be looking for, and also, whether they would want PK in the division.

Point taken. GMTM pays when he wants something.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
Can't see Stamkos signing here for less than absolute max salary, so around $12 million, not $10 million.

The 5/50 contract was actually suggested by another redditor and I just ran with it. But yeah, obviously every contract projection in there can be tweaked one way or another.

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
This place starting to turn into fantasy world. Stamkos, now Subban. It's not happening.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn
Yea, I would be more willing to put this year's first, even unprotected, on the table for Subban... before Reinhart. I know that's backwards logic in HF land, but the 2 years of development, the trajectory, and the type of all around player that Reinhart is... is simply more valuable to me than the next elite prospect. Opening the window ASAP is the fundamental value behind any trade we should make.

I know this isn't the argument you're making (agree that you keep Reinhart over Matthews at this point, easily) but I'd be willing to give up our next three first rounders, unprotected. We're talking about Subban in his prime...there's not much I wouldn't give up. Risto, Eichel, and ROR are the only ones off the table.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Where do they get the trade chips to land Enstrom though? PK bidding seems like a heavy, "all-in" sort of move.

2016 1st, 2017 1st, Bogo, Prospect, Filler for Subban
McCabe, Foligno, 2017 2nd, Prospect, Filler for Enstrom

Enstrom-Subban
Pysyk-Risto

:yo:

FearTheBeard

Mar 27, 2011
2016 1st, 2017 1st, Bogo, Prospect, Filler for Subban
McCabe, Foligno, 2017 2nd, Prospect, Filler for Enstrom

Enstrom-Subban
Pysyk-Risto

:yo:

I know that only including 1 of the 2 firsts might not get it done, but giving up both is an overpayment IMO. I know you're using the TM model of who cares about value go get the player you want at whatever cost, build a winner. But thats an extreme price to pay

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
I know that only including 1 of the 2 firsts might not get it done, but giving up both is an overpayment IMO. I know you're using the TM model of who cares about value go get the player you want at whatever cost, build a winner. But thats an extreme price to pay

Look at the Pronger moves from Edmonton to Anaheim and Anaheim to Philly as precedents for established, actual Norris-level defensemen on the move.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
in the highly unlikely scenario PK moves, its another highly unlikely scenario that Montreal takes 2 1sts over some of the roster players being offered

stokes84

Jun 30, 2008
Charleston, SC
This place starting to turn into fantasy world. Stamkos, now Subban. It's not happening.

Nor should it. We are not in a position to sell of a number of hugely important assets. The 2016 1st is likely to be an amazing player, possibly right on par with PK. Adding Reinhart to that is crazy talk IMO. Build it up properly. This type of fast tracking is incredibly dangerous. We need to be adding assets more than anything right now.

Doug Prishpreed

May 1, 2013
Brooklyn

I don't know. An offer sheet can cost up to 3 first rounders, which I'd give up for Subban in a second. I'd have no problem giving up the assets listed.

Uberpecker

Mar 3, 2011
Why would Carolina trade their #5 pick from last year for another first round picl this year? :huh:
Defense for offense.
They're inundated with d prospects/young high end dmen but are still rebuilding on the offense side. Of course it depends on where our 1st will be, since they already have two 1sts and a Hanifin for a forward trade (à la Jones for RyJo) would likely be more up their alley. But it could make sense for them if they see someone they like at that draft position.

joshjull

Aug 2, 2005
Hamburg,NY
Can't see Stamkos signing here for less than absolute max salary, so around $12 million, not $10 million.

Just a FYI. 12mil per would be below the absolute max

The max cap hit for any player is 20% of the upper limit. So this year the max allowable cap hit is 14.3mil.

Push Dr Tracksuit

Gerstmann 3:16
Jun 9, 2012
Outside of the Oilers, the field of teams offering up "roster" players seems thin.

montreal isnt rebuilding with Price on the roster, Edm would offer up a potential top line center and a potential top pairing D who are both playing those roles now, I don't see a reason why theyd move Subban, even less of a reason to do it for futures when nows are being offered

Onslow

Mar 25, 2015
Here and There
We'd probably have to give up something unpalatable to get Subban. Think Risto or Reinhart. Not worth it. We don't need another #1 dman. Just a competent lefty to pair with Risto.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad