Roster Speculation Part XI...$teven $tamko$?? Pony up for PK?

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

TehDoak

Chili that wants to be here
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
I think HF Duck fan's sentiments regarding their LHD don't reflect real life. No matter how many times I read their reasons to keep all of them, it's just not plausible.

They can for now. They aren't in trouble for a bit. They'll move someone on....likely at the draft.

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
I think HF Duck fan's sentiments regarding their LHD don't reflect real life. No matter how many times I read their reasons to keep all of them, it's just not plausible.

They can for now. They aren't in trouble for a bit. They'll move someone on....likely at the draft.

http://www.generalfanager.com/teams/anaheim-ducks

The interesting thing to watch with the Ducks blueline is that both Lindholm and Vatanen are RFAs this summer.

If they can get both of them to take two year bridge deals, they can buy themselves even more time to wait and find the perfect deal if they move one of their guys.

Personally, I think that Fowler could be the guy that moves unless Lindholm holds out for a massive max length contract and the Ducks opt to move him.

I was entertained by the Ducks fans talking about how they have 3 top 4 LHD in Fowler, Lindholm, and Despres and the Craig Button's 3rd best D prospect in the game in Theodore who is also a LHD and how none of them are moving.

Although, the ability to cover up for injuries with Theodore on his ELC is really nice. So, I could see the Ducks wanting to keep that situation intact as long as possible.

Last edited:

lindholmie

Feb 22, 2015

The interesting thing to watch with the Ducks blueline is that both Lindholm and Vatanen are RFAs this summer.

If they can get both of them to take two year bridge deals, they can buy themselves even more time to wait and find the perfect deal if they move one of their guys.

Personally, I think that Fowler could be the guy that moves unless Lindholm holds out for a massive max length contract and the Ducks opt to move him.

I was entertained by the Ducks fans talking about how they have 3 top 4 LHD in Fowler, Lindholm, and Despres and the Craig Button's 3rd best D prospect in the game in Theodore who is also a LHD and how none of them are moving.

Although, the ability to cover up for injuries with Theodore on his ELC is really nice. So, I could see the Ducks wanting to keep that situation intact as long as possible.
Ducks 2015 first round pick (jacob Larsson aka mini lindholm) was ranked 16 on buttons list. 5th best d prospect. Also a LHD lol

Edit: Also Theodore and depres play on the right

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
Ducks 2015 first round pick (jacob Larsson aka mini lindholm) was ranked 16 on buttons list. 5th best d prospect. Also a LHD lol

Edit: Also Theodore and depres play on the right

I wouldn't judge too much on Button's list.

Do they play the right side out of necessity given their depth of LHD?

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Kind of funny, just looking at different league-leaders in points and noticed Gogulla is 6th in the DEL. :biglaugh:

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
When do we start talking about Offer Sheets (LHD RFA) and how they never happen?

Because, it wouldn't cost this year's first.... and I'd give up any amount of 2017+ high picks for a top end 22-26 year old LHD

TehDoak

Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Will fix everything
When do we start talking about Offer Sheets (LHD RFA) and how they never happen?

Because, it wouldn't cost this year's first.... and I'd give up any amount of 2017+ high picks for a top end 22-26 year old LHD

Maatta would probably be the easiest target, especially if the cap dropped.

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA

cap reality is that they will need to move one of the 4 (Lindholm, Fowler, Depres, or Theodore)

Here is the issue.....

Fowler has 2 full years left---then he is a UFA
Lindholm finishing his ELC--likely getting a 6yr deal
Depres signed a new deal that takes effect next year that has a cap hit of around $3.7M
Theodore is in 2nd ELC year next year.

I am thinking Fowler is the one available because when Fowler is done, Theodore could step in.

At the draft Fowler+ for Gorges (50% retained)+ other stuff. Gorges can fill that bottom pair role until Theodore is ready

In terms of the cap I don't think its the smartest move to have a bottom pair Dman making $3.5M+ unless one of the top 4 is an ELC/cheap bridge player

Clearly the thing to do is go ask the Ducks scouts who to draft at LHD. :D

It doesn't take rocket science----

2010--Fowler #12 OA
2012--Lindholm # 6 OA
2013--Theodore #26 OA

Its not all that special scouting done than if these were pulled from the 4th round.

Depres was acquired for Lovejoy (WTF !!!). If that can happen maybe at the draft Gorges at 50% retained could get someone ssimilar

Sabre Dance

Make Hockey Fun Again
Jul 27, 2006
I have a question, can we afford 2 1st pair D, O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhart, and Kane?

Fowler and Lindholm will get similar deals to Ristolainen.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY
I have a question, can we afford 2 1st pair D, O'Reilly, Eichel, Reinhart, and Kane?

Fowler and Lindholm will get similar deals to Ristolainen.

There are plenty of teams with even more top-heavy salary structure than that. Worst comes to worst we just let go of Kane.

EDIT

This was my calculation pertaining to affording Stamkos or not, that I was sharing on Reddit earlier this week.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Perhaps the thing to do is let it be known that they would be willing to go that way and see if a trade develops, ala the Flames landing Hamilton after the thinly veiled threats of going OS were out there?

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
This year's first and Bogosian for Subban as an opener.

Yea, I would be more willing to put this year's first, even unprotected, on the table for Subban... before Reinhart. I know that's backwards logic in HF land, but the 2 years of development, the trajectory, and the type of all around player that Reinhart is... is simply more valuable to me than the next elite prospect. Opening the window ASAP is the fundamental value behind any trade we should make.

Jame

Sep 4, 2002
Florida
Perhaps the thing to do is let it be known that they would be willing to go that way and see if a trade develops, ala the Flames landing Hamilton after the thinly veiled threats of going OS were out there?

yup, totally agree

OkimLom

May 3, 2010
Yea, I would be more willing to put this year's first, even unprotected, on the table for Subban... before Reinhart. I know that's backwards logic in HF land, but the 2 years of development, the trajectory, and the type of all around player that Reinhart is... is simply more valuable to me than the next elite prospect. Opening the window ASAP is the fundamental value behind any trade we should make.

Agree with this.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

Get out of my mind!! :biglaugh: If the Habs really were daft enough to put Subban on the block, I image the two teams bidding on his services the hardest would be Buffalo and Edmonton. The question then becomes, does Buffalo put both this year's and next year's firsts into the pot to one-up whatever combination of RNH/Draisaitl and a first the Oilers could pony up? I'd be down for that, unprotected and all.

yup, totally agree

At some point they need to start using their money advantage.

SoFFacet

Jan 4, 2010
Rochester, NY

Which prospect in this year's draft besides AM has a better chance than not to be better than Sam? Seems like perfectly good logic to me. As of today Sam is worth more than our 2016 1st, easily.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad