Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Wahligator

Nov 27, 2015
Long Island
This halfway garbage is so annoying. If you're gonna go for it, go for it. No point in leaving 6+ million in cap space unused if you think you have a serious shot at the cup.

Super thankful and happy to have Horvat and Engvall but not doing more today was a mistake IMO.

Reactions: SI90

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland

This halfway garbage is so annoying. If you're gonna go for it, go for it. No point in leaving 6+ million in cap space unused if you think you have a serious shot at the cup.

Super thankful and happy to have Horvat and Engvall but not doing more today was a mistake IMO.
That’s my issue. At least be a broker and retain for some assets.

Reactions: 12Dog

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
no denial here, no help needed. no guarantee the picks we might get from any trades would A) be the right ones. B) pan out sufficiently C) materialize as NHLers before the next decade arrives

i'm not saying sell the farm but i am saying go for a playoff spot that is within reach and chalk it up to a baby step in the right direction
that isnt the point. its a tradable ASSET, something we have NONE of. You get future picks so you can improve the team somehow for 2024. its doesnt have to be so we can draft all of them. We dont sign free agents and never will. doing nothing and losing guys for nothing is not only bad business, its stupid business.

Reactions: Ishkabible

DerekKingSnipes

Feb 20, 2013
Long Island

They could have still done something as deals are announced hour or so after deadline. None of the rumored guys were traded thus far so nobody was paying any of the prices it seems like.

gordie43

Nov 21, 2008

Definitely agree. I’m all for going for it. This team could have used some depth on D or another scorer (yeah I know everyone does).

ekill08x

Oct 29, 2011
They could have still done something as deals are announced hour or so after deadline. None of the rumored guys were traded thus far so nobody was paying any of the prices it seems like.
I feel like we have been saying this post 3pm every year and every year...its nothing lol

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
that isnt the point. its a tradable ASSET, something we have NONE of. You get future picks so you can improve the team somehow for 2024. its doesnt have to be so we can draft all of them. We dont sign free agents and never will. doing nothing and losing guys for nothing is not only bad business, its stupid business.
i don't think he'll lose those guys. i think they all will be back. obviously i could be wrong but i think all 3 want to stay and Lou wants all 3 here

whether that is right or wrong is a different conversation

Strummergas

Regular User
Sep 3, 2006
Queens, NY

I have to think that Lou has a pretty good beat on whether or not they're staying, going, or at least wish to test the market. So we'll either see them re-signed, or the return on those players wasn't enough for him to interrupt this playoff push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad