Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
Edit: Looks like this is him getting out of the program and looking for a fresh start. Not sure I take this gamble but it's just cap space.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY
Assume Lambert knows him well enough from WSH days to make a judgement. Regardless, this guy can help.

God, I loved Vrana when he was with Washington. Really thought he'd separate himself from the pack when he got moved to Detroit.

Something is fairly fishy with this situation to me. Don't think Yzerman would've done this without a reason. Wonder if it's disciplinary.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
Re: Vrana, I just don't see him being a needle-mover and he has another year at $5.25M after this one. We need to move out a guy or two like that - not bring in more.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Edit: Looks like this is him getting out of the program and looking for a fresh start. Not sure I take this gamble but it's just cap space.

Cap space that carries over one more year, probably not worth the risk.

And just for clarity, the risk is that Vrana becomes the only move the team can make this summer and would still need to shed salary. If Bailey goes, sure, grab him. Not sure how to do that though.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
Cap space that carries over one more year, probably not worth the risk.

And just for clarity, the risk is that Vrana becomes the only move the team can make this summer and would still need to shed salary. If Bailey goes, sure, grab him. Not sure how to do that though.
Put bailey on waivers

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Much like Bailey's hockey life, the Borg says pass!
No way do they pass . . . name another hockey player who fits the Borg better!

He even has a ready name . . . 12 of Nothing

He could even hook up with Jeri Ryan if he waives to go (I know he doesn't have an NTC but look at the Cap savings!). !2 of None and 7 of Nine could have kids wearing Trot's jerseys . . .

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: 12Dog and danteipp

SI

Feb 16, 2013
That combo won't get you anything of value let alone a player like Meier.
Looking at the Debrincat trade as a baseline...
7 OA pick in 2022, a 2nd, and a 3rd...

I think starting price is '23 1st, '24 2nd, + (?)

Do the Isles need to have Raty in the package? Is that enough?

Or Can the Isles entice the Sharks on Wahlstrom
'23 1st, Wahlstrom, and '24 2nd enough?

Reactions: TheWhiteWhale30

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I know this won't be a popular opinion, and I don't think he had a strong game last night, but I can see Boeser having a similar impact on Barzal's wing that Eberle did.

That contract is pretty bloated however and I'd be interested in Boeser as a Bailey/Beauvillier upgrade, not necessarily the big ticket winger that this franchise has needed for over a decade. Boeser would be an offseason move at this point.

WangMustGo

Mar 31, 2008
Long Island
I know this won't be a popular opinion, and I don't think he had a strong game last night, but I can see Boeser having a similar impact on Barzal's wing that Eberle did.

That contract is pretty bloated however and I'd be interested in Boeser as a Bailey/Beauvillier upgrade, not necessarily the big ticket winger that this franchise has needed for over a decade. Boeser would be an offseason move at this point.

Ehh i just hate that he is such a poor skater. The only way i would do it is if Bailey/Beauvillier was going the other way. This forward group desperately needs speed and skill. He has some skill, just no speed.

I dont see it happening but i would give up alot of Meier. 23 1st, Wahlstrom, any prospect not named Raty, and a 24 2nd that could have conditions on becoming a 1st if the isles made the finals.

Reactions: Glorydays22

IslesNorway

Apr 9, 2007
Nittedal, Norway

The last thing they need is another long, bloated contract.

Reactions: Glorydays22

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
Ehh i just hate that he is such a poor skater. The only way i would do it is if Bailey/Beauvillier was going the other way. This forward group desperately needs speed and skill. He has some skill, just no speed.

I dont see it happening but i would give up alot of Meier. 23 1st, Wahlstrom, any prospect not named Raty, and a 24 2nd that could have conditions on becoming a 1st if the isles made the finals.
His skating was fine for me personally.

The last thing they need is another long, bloated acontract.q
Two years after this one is not that bad, maybe even Palmieri/Boeser swap would work.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Now we're talking :naughty:

Have you ever done it?
Not there. I visited Norway in 1986 to visit a friend (she lived in Kristiansund (the 3 islands one). Started in Oslo, drove through Lillehammer up to Trondheim, then down to her home.

Funny thing is we still keep in touch and she's in Stavanger, working for Shell. She has a small cabin on one of those islands near Stavanger that you have to ferry to.

I loved the scenery all over the country, and one thing I never forgot was how some small houses had trees growing on top of them! One place I want to also see is Alesund.

Great seafood/shellfish.

Reactions: Chapin Landvogt
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad