Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
Would be nice to know what some of the actual injuries of timelines are

Pelech is likely having a serious concussion issue

I wish they stay really patient there

I don't remember which St. Louis scumbag cheap shotted him into the boards with the head shot but that person needs to get neutered.

Reactions: MarsTBOW and SI90

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Would be nice to know what some of the actual injuries of timelines are

Would be nice if Kevbo wrote more clearly. Varlomov, Palmieri and Clutterbuck will be....

On the trip?
Returning soon?
Missing the trip but starting to skate?

I don't remember which St. Louis scumbag cheap shotted him into the boards with the head shot but that person needs to get neutered.
I'm in!!

Reactions: SI90

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC

Robert Bortuzzo

Reactions: SI90

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Barzal took 4 draws tonight. Lost them all. For comparison, Raty played 8 minutes, took 12 and won 8. It's not like Barzy is some defensive stalwart... at what point does it make sense to just play him with a real center? I'm honestly shocked they put Cizikas and Pageau together instead of trying Pageau or Nelson with Barzy and sliding Raty into one of their spots. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the new identity line… but wouldn’t it be nice if we could put out our top line for O zone face offs? In a perfect world shouldn’t our top offensive player be the go to in the O-zone?

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Barzal took 4 draws tonight. Lost them all. For comparison, Raty played 8 minutes, took 12 and won 8. It's not like Barzy is some defensive stalwart... at what point does it make sense to just play him with a real center? I'm honestly shocked they put Cizikas and Pageau together instead of trying Pageau or Nelson with Barzy and sliding Raty into one of their spots. Don’t get me wrong, I’m loving the new identity line… but wouldn’t it be nice if we could put out our top line for O zone face offs? In a perfect world shouldn’t our top offensive player be the go to in the O-zone?
Yes

SI

Feb 16, 2013

Do you understand taking face offs is NOT the main job of a C?

They prefer someone else taking the draw and pitching it back to Barzal so he can set up and craft the attack in the O zone.

I would hate to have Barzal on the half wall on the break out - he should supporting/shawdowing the puck down low - like he did early in the game where he then picked up the puck and turned in transition and went thru 5 players.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
So much for the fake news guy who said Ollie had a head injury.

These pseudo journalists would be better off not saying anything vs saying the wrong thing.
The injury looks like it’s to Wahlstrom’s hip from the way he fell. The Pens player who came to Jospeh’s defense (Ruhweedle?) cross checked Wahlstrom to the head after he fell and landed on his hip.

Maybe that’s why Gross after the game asked Lambert if Wahlly was pulled by the concussion spotter. Also the reason I’m getting pissed about our guys not having each others backs.

Reactions: Mike C

BMOK33

Oct 5, 2005
The injury looks like it’s to Wahlstrom’s hip from the way he fell. The Pens player who came to Jospeh’s defense (Ruhweedle?) cross checked Wahlstrom to the head after he fell and landed on his hip.

Maybe that’s why Gross after the game asked Lambert if Wahlly was pulled by the concussion spotter. Also the reason I’m getting pissed about our guys not having each others backs.
I thought for sure his injury was upper body at the time.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

The 2nd guy banged him pretty hard 2-3 times.

Pretty sure I read it on CBS sportsline that he had head injury

Islanders4Cups

May 4, 2002
Boston, MA USA

The Isles play a hard style hockey And dish it out much more than they receive it. You cannot expect other teams to roll over and play soft.

Last edited:

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
The Isles play a hard style hockey And dish it out much mor than they receive it. You cannot expect other teams to roll over and play soft.
I don't. But I expect our guys not to watch this happen to their teammates and not hold anyone accountable.

A cross-check to Wahlstrom's head after two of our guys are already dealing with concussions from dirty hits?

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
The problem right now is that we're without the one guy we can least afford to lose.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I don't. But I expect our guys not to watch this happen to their teammates and not hold anyone accountable.

A cross-check to Wahlstrom's head after two of our guys are already dealing with concussions from dirty hits?
What made it doubly unacceptable is that Wally was vulnerable and defenseless. Much like the Subban assault last season, give the guy a chance to knuckle up then let the chips fall

The triple disappointing thing for me is that like him or not, underachiever on the ice or not, Wally is the FIRST guy to jump in and defend and take a shot for a teammate

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
What made it doubly unacceptable is that Wally was vulnerable and defenseless. Much like the Subban assault last season, give the guy a chance to knuckle up then let the chips fall

The triple disappointing thing for me is that like him or not, underachiever on the ice or not, Wally is the FIRST guy to jump in and defend and take a shot for a teammate
Good point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad