Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Skip To My Lou

Abused Fan
May 4, 2010
Garden City, NY

so we did sign Kadri for 7 years a lot of news here on it

trying to trade Bailey but needs additions to trade him and it isn't easy

so we might have to trade Beau instead.

starts around 6:30

7 years is way too long...Lou is a mad man
Pagnotta these days is 80/20 wrong, but if what he said he's true, this'll be another Ladd-type deal.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Between Subban's "accidental" tripping penalties and him jumping Wahlstrom, who probably would have squared up with him had he gone about it the right way, I have no interest and hope Lou doesn't either.

I say utility club (love mine) or what about a five wood if you have one in your bag? But now you have to tell us how it turned out. Just tell me you didn't overthink it, sit/freeze over the ball and hit a worm burner.
Not a Subban fan. He's got a lot of extra curricular stuff going on. We need guys who eat, breathe, and sleep hockey. Not to mention that he's a d**k

I hope wherever he signs, the is a hat full of cash flow for the guy who makes him remember the Wally mugging. And I hope it goes to Ross the Boss

Reactions: LBloor and danteipp

dlawong

Nov 24, 2011
Vancouver, Canada
Kadri’s playstyle would help us a lot(draws penalties, gains zone entry w/ possession, replaces Pageau on the powerplay), but we’re giving up too much for a 32 year old and not even keeping the term reasonable.

Players are 32 can fall off at any point.
Do not count on him drawing penalties as much as he did on the Avs. The refs could be biased against both him and the team. I remember JT used to complain about not drawing enough penalties but after he moved to Toronto, he draws more penalties. Refs are human so they do not always go by the book. Big market teams and those with strong records year to year normally get the benefit of the doubt, same with big name players. The playoff is a bit different, as the refs are more under the microscope so they have to be more precise and less partial.

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
he sounded pretty positive - didn't seem as though he was speculating at all. we'll see what the number comes in at...
What's the consequence for Pagnotta if he's wrong? He could well be right, but people also routinely cite a crooked ex-bookie on this board, and I value each of their contributions at about the same level - negligible.

Reactions: Mike C

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
soooooo, I have a tough decision. Do I take out the utility club and fly the large oak tree our do I pierce a 3 iron blue sparrow through the gap? Both are approach shots about 210 yards away with no wind. Par 5 mind you

Anyway, Did sweet Lou get it done today?

Enjoy the summer fellas.
Skip golfing and just get beer blasted and have a burger at Bethpage's restaurant overlooking the five courses.

Last edited:
Reactions: mm11 and eoin92

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here

Sunday Notes: Kadri Still Reportedly Wants 9M, Kuemper Parties With Cup

A good Sunday to all. We got some rain last night, which felt nice. What doesn’t feel nice: A probable pinched nerve in my neck that is leading to numbness and tingling in my right arm and hand. Getting old sucks. But I can type just fine still, so let’s do some NHL notes, starting […]
coloradohockeynow.com
coloradohockeynow.com
Use your other hand ;) Kidding. Feel better!

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
What's the consequence for Pagnotta if he's wrong? He could well be right, but people also routinely cite a crooked ex-bookie on this board, and I value each of their contributions at about the same level - negligible.
He's usually more coy in his speculation, like using terms like "[team x] is interested in [player x]" or "[team x] could do this."

But with Kadri and the Islanders, he seems absolutely certain it's done at a 7 year pact. So I have a hard time believing this isn't a done deal, unfortunately. Pagnotta being wrong here would destroy any credibility he or TFP has going forward.

Reactions: impaaaaaact

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
*I DON'T WANT THIS TO HAPPEN*, but it sounds like Kadri to NYI on a long term deal might be done, so here I try to make sense of it and what we would be potentially looking at.

Josh Bailey for Brendan Dillon
Anthony Beauvillier for Maxime Comtois
Kadri for 7 years, 6.85M per
Dobson for 3 years, 4.6M per
Romanov for 2 years, 2.15M per
Bellows for 1 year, 775K per

Nelson-Barzal-Palmieri
Lee-Kadri-Wahlstrom
Comtois-Pageau-Parise
Martin-Cizikas-Clutterbuck
Bellows, Johnston

Pelech-Pulock
Dillon-Dobson
Romanov-Mayfield

Sorokin
Varlamov

22K in cap space baby! "Stealth mode"

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I actually don't hate the trades I suggested...

This team's calling card is defense and being tough to play against, acquiring Dillon reinforces the identity and makes the defense deeper but also tougher to play against. Plus he's a bit of a banger as well, him and Romanov will reign terror.

Comtois is big, can skate, and has some Anders Lee elements in his game as well. He'd be a better fit for this team in my opinion because his play below the dots is better than Beauvillier's but NYI isn't sacrificing a ton of speed with the swap either which is important. He kind of reminds me of what I can see Dufour becoming.

Reactions: Kevin27NYI

PJGooch

Aug 2, 2005
Pagnotta being wrong here would destroy any credibility he or TFP has going forward.
They'll only lose their credibility until the next big rumor comes along, and then they'll have people eating their crap up again with a spoon. Until the consequence for botching a scoop is either termination or voluntarily stepping down from their job, I don't care what any of these "insiders" say.

Reactions: MJF and Mike C

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
They'll only lose their credibility until the next big rumor comes along, and then they'll have people eating their crap up again with a spoon. Until the consequence for botching a scoop is either termination or voluntarily stepping down from their job, I don't care what any of these "insiders" say.
Pagnotta has never been this certain about a done deal and been wrong to my recollection. But hey, correct me if I'm wrong with an example.

IslandersFan17

Jun 8, 2011
Long Island
He's usually more coy in his speculation, like using terms like "[team x] is interested in [player x]" or "[team x] could do this."

But with Kadri and the Islanders, he seems absolutely certain it's done at a 7 year pact. So I have a hard time believing this isn't a done deal, unfortunately. Pagnotta being wrong here would destroy any credibility he or TFP has going forward.
Credibility? It’s a rumor site lol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad