Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

MJF

Hope is not a strategy
Sep 6, 2003
NYC
I see what you're saying but if he's not locked down by the Isles at this point, how is there not more chatter around the league about trying to land him? Is he that stubborn that he won't drop his price to the point that multiple teams would be interested in him? That seems unlikely to me....possible, but not really probable. If he were truly an unfettered FA at this point, I think panic mode would start setting in and his agents would be beating the bush drumming up interest, real or manufactured.

We'll ultimately see, but if I had to bet on one side or another, I'd bet that #43 in Blue and Orange is already prepped. And I'm not talkin about Mike Halmo appreciated night.
Maybe Kadri really is that stubborn. He wouldn’t be the first guy to misread the market or have bad representation. I think Robin Lehner’s agent screwed him over when he was negotiating with the Isles for an extension, and we just saw John Klingberg fire his agent, hire new representation and sign a 1 year Taylor Hall deal with the Ducks.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl
Choice #3 might be more realistic.

Play safe with a 9 iron and unintentionally blade it under the tree 150 yards. Pitch it to 6 feet and make the putt.
I freaking tried to be the hero and chunked the 3 Iron, sat behind the oak then tried to "seve" it around and blocked the shot into the water. Took my drop, bladed it through the green and 4 putted. Score card said double bogey 7. Don't count that Danny. Winter rules.

Reactions: JKP and The Real JT

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
My first time realizing who Milton Berle was is from It’s a Mad Mad Mad Mad World. What a cast in that film. I read that the biggest stars at that time were practically begging to be in the movie.

As for seeing Berle in his heyday on YouTube videos, he was funny but not nearly as funny as Sid Caesar, imo. Being raised by parents born in the 1930s, I developed an appreciation for the great comedians of that time.
I forgot about him in Mad Mad Mad Mad World. I loved that movie. Lots of great characters, but Dick Shawn as the mama's boy beatnik was tops IMO.

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
I freaking tried to be the hero and chunked the 3 Iron, sat behind the oak then tried to "seve" it around and blocked the shot into the water. Took my drop, bladed it through the green and 4 putted. Score card said double bogey 7. Don't count that Danny. Winter rules.
That’s sadder than watching a rerun of Brian’s Song.

denis5

Mar 13, 2007
could be the kind of deal we end up doing for sure.
Yeah. The Bellows we've seen thus far is going to have trouble slotting in anywhere in this line up (I was a little surprised we qualified him, to be honest), and Bjork at 50 percent can be buried in BP. I'd have little problem with this even though Bellows would likely look better with an expanded role on the Sabres -- it's just a risk we'd need to take to clear the cap.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Not saying we should look to sign either of these guys. However how come one seem to mention Kessel or Subban ?

The Real JT

Meet the new boss. Same as the old boss. :(
Jul 2, 2018
Connecticut
Not saying we should look to sign either of these guys. However how come one seem to mention Kessel or Subban ?
I want none of Kessel’s attitude, drive and fitness level.
Subban would be fine a third pairing Dman though I’m not sure his ego would take that and our need is on the left side

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005

Between Subban's "accidental" tripping penalties and him jumping Wahlstrom, who probably would have squared up with him had he gone about it the right way, I have no interest and hope Lou doesn't either.

soooooo, I have a tough decision. Do I take out the utility club and fly the large oak tree our do I pierce a 3 iron blue sparrow through the gap? Both are approach shots about 210 yards away with no wind. Par 5 mind you

Anyway, Did sweet Lou get it done today?

Enjoy the summer fellas.

I say utility club (love mine) or what about a five wood if you have one in your bag? But now you have to tell us how it turned out. Just tell me you didn't overthink it, sit/freeze over the ball and hit a worm burner.

danteipp

Aug 3, 2005
I want none of Kessel’s attitude, drive and fitness level.
Subban would be fine a third pairing Dman though I’m not sure his ego would take that and our need is on the left side

When I hear Kessel and drive together, I am thinking someone is talking about his new ride!

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
Breaking News::::We just traded Josh Ho Sang, Kirill Kabanov, Kirill Petrov, and Michael Dal Colle

for cap space

signed Kadri for 7 years for 6.75 million/year

:D:D

Reactions: cavs and mm11

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007

so we did sign Kadri for 7 years a lot of news here on it

trying to trade Bailey but needs additions to trade him and it isn't easy

so we might have to trade Beau instead.

starts around 6:30

7 years is way too long...Lou is a mad man

Last edited:
Reactions: mm11

SI

Feb 16, 2013
Sabres fan here. Trade idea:

Bailey (no retention) and Kieffer Bellows to Buffalo for Andres Bjork (50% retained). This move is a precursor to the presumed Kadri signing.

Thoughts? Thanks in advance!
Not sure this works for either team- Sabres are loaded with wings. It might be best to simply trade Bishop’s cap hit for Baileys and then play Bailey with Quinn and Cozens.

Bellows doesn’t have a spot with all the young Sabres F

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
Kadri’s playstyle would help us a lot(draws penalties, gains zone entry w/ possession, replaces Pageau on the powerplay), but we’re giving up too much for a 32 year old and not even keeping the term reasonable.

Players are 32 can fall off at any point.

Reactions: heatedskates

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.

so we did sign Kadri for 7 years a lot of news here on it

trying to trade Bailey but needs additions to trade him and it isn't easy

so we might have to trade Beau instead.

starts around 6:30

7 years is way too long...Lou is a mad man
7 years is way too long. Well worth repeating. Let's hope the dividend pays off in year 1!

Reactions: GOLFWANG

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011

Sunday Notes: Kadri Still Reportedly Wants 9M, Kuemper Parties With Cup

A good Sunday to all. We got some rain last night, which felt nice. What doesn’t feel nice: A probable pinched nerve in my neck that is leading to numbness and tingling in my right arm and hand. Getting old sucks. But I can type just fine still, so let’s do some NHL notes, starting […]
coloradohockeynow.com
coloradohockeynow.com

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad