Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

Throttle

Sep 22, 2020
Just
If we do acquire Kadri, how long before we start hearing that we need to get better wings to play with him, especially if he doesn't get off to a 100 point pace (he had some pretty good line mates combos last year).

:DD
Just wait for that one guy that needs a winger so bad doesn’t go all unleashed and we’ll be back to the same - needs a winger boogeyman. If this team had Kadri and Lee and mr. ‘Needs a winger’ doesn’t produce, well, you have your storyline on who he really is.

Reactions: MJF and 19 in a row

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
There are 83 players in the NHL making $7M or more a year. To suggest Kadri isn’t in that tier seems disingenuous to me. Now, term is a whole other thing, but he seems like a $7M player currently.
He has a career AVG of 50 points. YES last season eh did ALOT better. However he is not 28. he is likely on a decline

Overpaying for the right players is fine. Kadri is the right player. You don't see Tampa fans complaining about being pressed to the cap for years right?
this is where i disagree. He is not the right player. while he is a good player he is not worth 7m on a long term deal

Reactions: LBloor

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
If we do acquire Kadri, how long before we start hearing that we need to get better wings to play with him, especially if he doesn't get off to a 100 point pace (he had some pretty good line mates combos last year).

:DD
i dont think he will get even 80 points

Kadri must really want to play on the island since he's waiting so long to take Lou's money...
its all smoke and mirrors

leeroggy

Jan 3, 2010
i dont think he will get even 80 points

its all smoke and mirrors

Talk about karma potentially playing out . . . Smoke and mirrors versus the phonetic spelling of phantom . . . Good luck and may the best quip win!

BTW, we'll all be happy with 79

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
Talk about karma potentially playing out . . . Smoke and mirrors versus the phonetic spelling of phantom . . . Good luck and may the best quip win!

BTW, we'll all be happy with 79
is this a attack on me lol ?

JPIsles18

Jul 12, 2022
Yup. Overpaying for Kadri who is a tough SOB who will likely score 60-70 points on this team getting top six minutes is not going to be our downfall.
Overpaying anybody is bad. This implies they are not worth the cap hit. If Kadri gets 60-70 points while playing his usual way, 7 mil is not an overpayment. You are seeing the fruits of overpaying guys that are fine, but don't move the needle (Bailey, Palmieri, Pageau). That's 15 mil for three guys that are nice to have, but don't move the needle. Having players like this, prevent you from getting a needle mover in a cap world.

Kadri's aging curve is very strange. There aren't many examples of players like him. Guys that play a hard game with skill don't typically break out at age 31. This makes it very risky.

If this is the route the Isles are going, I'd try to move Pageau. That contract is already starting to look bad. After next season, it'll probably be unmovable (it may already be). However, he is a center who is grossly overrated. Perhaps there's some value to be had.

Moving Bailey and Pageau, and signing Kadri and maybe a Milano makes this team significantly better in the short and long term. I don't see this team being a cup contender with just swapping Kadri for Bailey in the next two seasons. This team after the next 2 years becomes so old, that it's hard to see them competing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad