Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
If Kadri to Isles happens, and leaving aside salary, term, etc., there are questions about where he would fit in. There have been issues finding guys that fit with Barzal. Ideally he'd have two wingers with some size and/or grit. And he needs someone offensively creative enough to ying with his yang. I feel like Kadri would be a great fit with Barzal. He is both a shooter and a playmaker, he provides sandpaper, a defensive conscience, and as a natural C he'd be better equipped to move around the ice and interact with Barzal (more so than an up and down kind of guy, cough, Leo, cough). Wahlstrom could be on the other wing, providing more size and a big shot.

Any thoughts on what Dobsons contract comes in at?
Maybe a bridge at about $4M per year? Unless Lou and he can agree on something like 8 x $6M....

Reactions: bobbythebrain

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
If Kadri to Isles happens, and leaving aside salary, term, etc., there are questions about where he would fit in. There have been issues finding guys that fit with Barzal. Ideally he'd have two wingers with some size and/or grit. And he needs someone offensively creative enough to ying with his yang. I feel like Kadri would be a great fit with Barzal. He is both a shooter and a playmaker, he provides sandpaper, a defensive conscience, and as a natural C he'd be better equipped to move around the ice and interact with Barzal (more so than an up and down kind of guy, cough, Leo, cough). Wahlstrom could be on the other wing, providing more size and a big shot.

Maybe a bridge at about $4M per year? Unless Lou and he can agree on something like 8 x $6M....
i hope not 8x6 is scary

Glorydays22

Nov 21, 2011
I think this management is a joke! Lou needs to go. So let me get this straight, we are trying to move guys like Beau, JGP and whoever else to make room for Kadri??? And this is a good move in what way? Let's over pay for a 32 yr old center (which we don't need another one) and let's trade Beau and young fast player who will probably do better in a more offensive system and JGP our best faceoff center. Who's our 3rd line center now? So we add Kadri to create more holes.

Reactions: Rehabguy

IslesCLT

Apr 25, 2019
Charlotte
I think this management is a joke! Lou needs to go. So let me get this straight, we are trying to move guys like Beau, JGP and whoever else to make room for Kadri??? And this is a good move in what way? Let's over pay for a 32 yr old center (which we don't need another one) and let's trade Beau and young fast player who will probably do better in a more offensive system and JGP our best faceoff center. Who's our 3rd line center now? So we add Kadri to create more holes.
I think you need to remember Lou’s not posting here, and anything anyone else posts is pure speculation. It has not been confirmed anywhere that Lou is trying to move Pageau, or Beau for that matter.

Wanderson

Aug 1, 2011
We'll all find out when Lou announces all the new contracts the day before the season starts so grab a lawn chair and chill out with us.
Everyone is probably already signed. Job is done. Lou has went back to sleep, and he is going to hibernate until the first game of the season.

Reactions: PWJunior

SI90

Jul 25, 2011
StrongIsland
The thing that scares me if if Kadri is indeed waiting on Lou then the contract for him has to be significant for him to take the risk and wait on it.

Also, depending on who you move out it could also end up being a lateral move and not one for a guy who’s 26-28 years old. Kadri is going to be 32 when the season starts. Even a 5 year deal takes him to 37.

Love Kadri as a player and he will help any team but he’s not a catalyst for an offense or the elite guy to carry a team.

Very scared of the potential trades + contract if Kadri is singed.

Reactions: 19 in a row

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
i hope not 8x6 is scary
For Dobson? That would be right in line with what Pelech and Pulock are making. Both team and player would be rolling the dice a bit, but if I were Lou I'd be comfortable with that gamble.

Edit: I see the other post now. Yes, I was talking about Dobson, not Kadri. Kadri can't be signed to an 8 x $6M contract, so no worries. 7 x $7M? Yes, Lou can sign him to that. :laugh:

Last edited:

JJ18Sniper

Oct 2, 2020
NY

I'm expecting around 3x4.5M for a bridge deal. These are the post ELC contracts that I expect to be relevant:
McAvoy: 3x4.9M, Sergachev 3x4.8M and Werenski 3x5M.

Lou gave Pulock 2x2M off his ELC on a season he scored 32 points (17-18), but It's a bit outdated and one less year. I'm not expecting a long-term deal at this point as we need to clear even more cap to make it work.

JKP

Sep 19, 2004
Halifax, NS
I'm expecting around 3x4.5M for a bridge deal. These are the post ELC contracts that I expect to be relevant:
McAvoy: 3x4.9M, Sergachev 3x4.8M and Werenski 3x5M.

Lou gave Pulock 2x2M off his ELC on a season he scored 32 points (17-18), but It's a bit outdated and one less year. I'm not expecting a long-term deal at this point as we need to clear even more cap to make it work.
3 around 4.5 is what I think also. Agent won’t want long term in order to set up bigger payday when Dobson is even more established and the cap starts going up again, IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad