Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

doublechili

For all intensive purposes, your nuts
Apr 11, 2006
We've reached the very bottom of offseason 2022.
Meanwhile, Lou is out on the porch with the paper and a cuppa, enjoying a few of these...

1659386127168.png

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I hear tarasenko IG doesn’t say St. Louis either.

Maybe Wally to st Lou in a package for tank.

Otherwise if kadri is signed and isles need to dump cap, getting rid of Wally makes no sense.

Reactions: Mike C

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Creating cap space should’ve been done by the draft, not August.

If you are looking to dump a player or maybe in a rebuild sure, but there is no true dead weight addition by subtraction players on our roster,(aka Ladd). We have plenty of cap space to sign our own guys, so are not moving any of our >$2M salary players, unless there is an upgrade to replace them. otherwise we will be worse So you only move once you know you have a deal in place. Chicken and the egg..

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
I am just hoping that Lou is on the phone to some of our guys coaxing someone to go on LTIR to start the season, so we can add a Kadri without shedding players for peanuts. Let 3 or 4 players all take their turn for a few months, so we are fresh for the playoffs when the cap comes off. Circumventing the rules? definitely, but it worked for Tampa. So ethics be damned.

hey one can dream. That's not the most outlandish outcome proposed on these boards, I am sure.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
Very true. We have seen this many times in sports before but I can't recall who. It's like getting dumped by a girl. You go to find any pictures with her and take them off social media like 30 seconds after she breaks up with you.
Then you keep calling her to reconcile yet you find this on the other end if the line

"the number you have dialed has been changed or disconnected "

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
I am just hoping that Lou is on the phone to some of our guys coaxing someone to go on LTIR to start the season, so we can add a Kadri without shedding players for peanuts. Let 3 or 4 players all take their turn for a few months, so we are fresh for the playoffs when the cap comes off. Circumventing the rules? definitely, but it worked for Tampa. So ethics be damned.

hey one can dream. That's not the most outlandish outcome proposed on these boards, I am sure.
Hopefully that guy's name starts with Matt and ends with Martin

I’m pretty sure he gave those up along with pignoli cookies which got stuck in his dentures.

Nowadays he goes for an S cookie. It doesn’t raise his blood sugar as much.
I take my dentures out when I eat the cookies! 😉

19 in a row

Jul 19, 2011
Long Island
Hopefully that guy's name starts with Matt and ends with Martin
I hear you but they can send him down to Bridgeport and bury most of his salary so he might not move the needle as much. It would need to be a rotation of Bailey, Palmieri, and Beau on LTIR to open up the space. (hey it's my daydream, I am rolling with it.)

isles55

Mar 7, 2015
If you are looking to dump a player or maybe in a rebuild sure, but there is no true dead weight addition by subtraction players on our roster,(aka Ladd). We have plenty of cap space to sign our own guys, so are not moving any of our >$2M salary players, unless there is an upgrade to replace them. otherwise we will be worse So you only move once you know you have a deal in place. Chicken and the egg..
This team missed the playoffs last season. They went into the off-season knowing they needed to make moves, and not enough cap space to bring in better players.

Trying to make cap space now for Kadri just reeks of desperation on Lou’s behalf. There are few prospects on the farm, and I’d say most predictions are 50/50 at best if this team even makes the playoffs. Not a lot to be excited about with a new building.

Mike C

Jan 24, 2022
Indian Trail, N.C.
This team missed the playoffs last season. They went into the off-season knowing they needed to make moves, and not enough cap space to bring in better players.

Trying to make cap space now for Kadri just reeks of desperation on Lou’s behalf. There are few prospects on the farm, and I’d say most predictions are 50/50 at best if this team even makes the playoffs. Not a lot to be excited about with a new building.
The desperation reeking commenced with the dismissal of one Barry Trotz in my opinion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad