Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

NYI365

Let's Go Islanders!
Jun 5, 2011
Merrick, NY
He hasn't posted anything in a couple days, but he logged in to change just that? I don't know, seems unlikely.
Its a miniscule change for anyone that myself or you wouldn't even bat an eye over, but for an athlete who plays for one of the tightest lipped organizations in all 4 sports, he knows exactly what he'd be doing by changing that if indeed there is a move involving himself.

He gets to have a little "control" over the news that he's the first one to put the notion that maybe something's up involving himself before anything official gets announced. Not saying anything is definitely going to happen, but there's a reason why athletes make these subtle changes to their accounts that otherwise seem trivial to the common man.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I mean he obviously did log in and take it out today. It doesn't magically disappear.

The burning question is why did he?

Who the f*** is checking an account every day to see if there's a bio change when that account doesn't post regularly? I have no idea if that happened today or if someone just noticed it today.

Reactions: MJF

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Who the f*** is checking an account every day to see if there's a bio change when that account doesn't post regularly? I have no idea if that happened today or if someone just noticed it today.
Stay on topic. It doesn't matter who saw it. Someone saw it today and it spread on social media. Asking who saw it is irrelevant.

With all this speculation about NYI moves coming soon and Wahlstrom just randomly removing the Islanders portion of his IG bio, it's reasonable to question why he did it.

Reactions: cavs

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I mean it’s social media people frequent peoples pages all the time…

Sure, but of someone who isn't active? Who didn't make a post? Who is documenting their pages like this?

Stay on topic. It doesn't matter who saw it. Someone saw it today and it spread on social media. Asking who saw it is irrelevant.

With all this speculation about NYI moves coming soon and Wahlstrom just randomly removing the Islanders portion of his IG bio, it's reasonable to question why he did it.

Of course it matters. Someone saw it today doesn't mean it wasn't changed today, it could've changed 4 months ago and they only realized it today (if it even changed at all). That's the point of the question.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
anything more than 5 million per year for Kadri is an overpayment. Only silver lining I see are the same people writing about this are the same ones that read we got Johnny G.

If we sign Kadri for 7 mill per year this team is not winning the Stanley cup this decade.
I tend to agree

I am really hoping that if Kadri is signed, the AAV will be under Lee's $7 million and either at or even under Nelson's $6 million in AAV.

Since Lou is typically mindful of overall team salary structure, that might be our best recourse against a significant overpayment.
even around 6 is to High needs to be 5 or less

I dotn want Kadri at 7 million either....but if we signed him (and Lou ALWAYS OVERPAYS) we need to hope it is no more than that...
at that point we would be better off not trying to sign

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
If it's $5M or even $5.5M, then it would probably be 7 years would be my guess.

Maybe part of Kadri's deal is that he can keep #91 and his beard. In that case, Wahlstrom is switching from 26 to 66. The reverse JHS move. Very Gucci.
yea and that deal is to long so lol

When was the last time a player scored more than a PPG and won a Stanley cup and then signed for less than 5M? Keep dreaming.
i am not dreaming. I would rather him play elsewhere. he does not deserve that kind of paycheck. I have no doubt that someone will pay him more then i said

Skidrow11

Jul 16, 2022
Its a miniscule change for anyone that myself or you wouldn't even bat an eye over, but for an athlete who plays for one of the tightest lipped organizations in all 4 sports, he knows exactly what he'd be doing by changing that if indeed there is a move involving himself.

He gets to have a little "control" over the news that he's the first one to put the notion that maybe something's up involving himself before anything official gets announced. Not saying anything is definitely going to happen, but there's a reason why athletes make these subtle changes to their accounts that otherwise seem trivial to the common man.
Very true. We have seen this many times in sports before but I can't recall who. It's like getting dumped by a girl. You go to find any pictures with her and take them off social media like 30 seconds after she breaks up with you.

Reactions: Mike C
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad