Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Ya, I don't know why peeps are wanting to trade Beau and now Nelson too just to work Kadri in....ugh.

Our best goal scorer and a 25-year old wing, and one of the few we have with any speed just to pay Kadri more than he is worth...

No, lets hope for the following:

1) Kadri comes in at no more than 5 years and no more than 7 million per
2) Bailey is the "cap clearing dump" trade and he is moved without costing any meaningful assets even if it means retaining a million over the final two years and/or not getting anything meaningful back
3) We are able to sign both Dobby and Romanov to bridge deals
4) We have some cap space left over for perhaps another F and a veteran LD to complete with Salo

I don't think Miller or Tarasenko are going anywhere at this point and unless Kane makes a fuss, he is likely staying until the deadline as well....

Kadri is likely the best we can do, let's not make it worse by having to trade AB for cap space or lose Brock....
By all accounts the holdup with COL is term. We know Lou has no problem handing out long deals to older players - if i had to guess we’re going to see something like 7x6.5 …maybe 7x7

xECK29x

Sponsor
Jul 19, 2006
Deer Park, NY
He hit that mark once and hasn’t even come remotely close since. His highest point total was 62 and again has never come close. You don’t get paid like a top player at your position with those kind of stats
He had one down year, where the team as a whole wasn't scoring to their levels (which yes continued for two more years, hopefully that changes with Lambert). You can't cherry pick stats here, he was a 3 time 50+ point player 7M AAV was and still is a fair number for that production at that time. Letting a second captain walk to free agency would have been a severe gut punch, you would not have had the success the team had without Lee, regardless of his injuries.

That's the last time I'll reply to it as this is off-topic.

1659378852384.png

Reactions: The Real JT

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Just want to also pose this question for all of the "Kadri overachieved in the Avs system" people. Which Islander other than Mat Barzal do you think paces for 100 points on the Avs second line? Because my answer for that is no one.

I know what that popcorn emoji means. Either something happened, or something's bout to happen.
Yep, that seems like he's gone. If he was moved as a sweetener to dump cap I will not be happy... but if he was moved in a package for someone big it could be interesting... Chychrun or Krug maybe?

Last edited:

JTToilinginToronto

Isles Fan
Jan 18, 2019
Wahlstrom removing the Islanders related text doesn't seem like good news.

I can't really think of a reason he'd go and remove it just randomly on August 1.

Lights911

Dec 5, 2017
Long Island
I have a feeling this Kadri deal is going to be around 7 million for 5+ years and honestly don't mind. The Islanders are in a win-now mode with a win-now general manager. Obviously Kadri isn't a PPG player, but he's a guy who plays an in-your-face style, can score 30 goals and gets pucks to the net.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
He's had the popcorn emoji there practically forever. That's irrelevant.

The bigger point is that he used to have "NY 26" or "NYI 26" next to the popcorn emoji. Now he doesn't.

could it be something as simple as Kadri asked for that number? wouldn't make sense to take out the NYI in that case though

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
Could very well be, but idk in all major sports these days seems like things always get leaked like this from a player's social media account right before moves are made.

He hasn't posted anything in a couple days, but he logged in to change just that? I don't know, seems unlikely.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad