Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Weird idea but what if it's Nelson or Pageau to Colorado? Both would require Colorado to make some other move but would probably be easier than whatever the Kadri extension is.

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
It would be par for the course, to find out after all of the Twitter chatter saying Kadri to the Isles is done, that he actually resigned with COL or worse, with a division competitor.

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006

Why would other teams stay quiet if they had trades in place as well? Also not announcing them or sending them to the league yet doesn’t that risk something happening to one of the players during the summer? Let’s say you have a gentleman‘s agreement on a trade for Anthony Beauvillier for a prospect and Beauvillier falls off a JetSki two weeks later and gets hurt does that squash the trade that you guys agreed on?

that is a risk im sure

Reactions: SI90

beach

Aug 17, 2005
here
Weird idea but what if it's Nelson or Pageau to Colorado? Both would require Colorado to make some other move but would probably be easier than whatever the Kadri extension is.
Why COL? And I highly doubt Nelson is going anywhere.

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
It's barzal. Why would it be any of the others?

Barzal is the weakest defensive center on the team and the worst on draws. He is 100% the logical choice to be played with another left handed center (Nelson or Kadri) who he can spell for draws when necessary. Decrease some of his defensive responsibilities, put him in the Marner role and Let Mat Cook

Fantom

Jan 5, 2006
lets see if anything happens. I am prepared to see a deal for kadri that will be a overpayment =(
he is 31. while he is not old he is also not young.
any term longer then 4 years is bad. UNLESS the cap it is very LOW.
His numbers show he is 49.3 Point per season guy historically. had his best year at the age of 31.
anything over 5m Per IMHO is to high for him. 5M already is on the higher side .

I would be looking at something like this
5M per Year for 4 seasons. If he wants longer look at 4.25 over 5 years or 4M for 6

Last edited:

seafoam

Soft Shock
Sponsor
May 17, 2011
I suggested this last week, can see Pageau going but not Nelson.

Reactions: 19 in a row

GOLFWANG

Jul 20, 2007
A trade with Colorado probably won't happen we both don't have cap space to make a trade most likely. If they wanted Kadri they would have just signed him and traded a dman for the cap.

It doesn't make much sense.

Chief Leaf

Dec 10, 2009
With the retro jersey coming in (fisherman with a beard) and possibly Kadri,...Maybe Lou eases up on the shaving policy?

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
Barzal isn't moving to the wing. You guys are smoking some serious stuff. He is still the best puck mover and entry forward we have BY A LARGE MARGIN and they aren't risking him leaving by asking him to sit on the wings. It just isn't happening.

Nelson would be the logical choice because he isn't nearly as good as Kadri is in the circle nor is he nearly as good defensively. Pageau is better than both of them with face offs and can't come off the 3rd line and Cizikas isn't coming off the 4th either when he is our 2nd best face off guy.

As for the wings, they have camp for that but I doubt the captain gets moved all the way down to the 3rd line. Personally I want Parise to take over the 4th line and give some offensive punch to that line- he played night and day better than Martin did last season, defensively too.

If it is Bailey that is gone and Nelson joins Barzal to his left, then as much as I want Wahlstrom on that top line for his shot, I think they wait until he earns it and Palms gets the top line RW spot. Nelson and Lee almost assuredly will be LW1 and LW2, which leaves Beau, Bellows, Ollie and perhaps a UFA (Milano, Rodrigues perhaps) battling for LW3 and RW2 and RW3.

That is about as ideal as we can expect at this point....

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY

I don't know why this seems counterintuitive to everyone but it is actually a *good* thing to have more than 4 centers. Unless you guys are hoping to see a whole lot more of Andy Andreoff next season

seabass45

Jan 12, 2007
Rantanen, Newhook, and even Compher.
My read from Colorado fans is that they're not confident in Newhook and they wanted to dump Compher to make room for Kadri. A lot of talk about trading Girard for a 2C (which I don't see any team doing).

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
Barzal isn't moving to the wing. You guys are smoking some serious stuff. He is still the best puck mover and entry forward we have BY A LARGE MARGIN and they aren't risking him leaving by asking him to sit on the wings. It just isn't happening.

Nelson would be the logical choice because he isn't nearly as good as Kadri is in the circle nor is he nearly as good defensively. Pageau is better than both of them with face offs and can't come off the 3rd line and Cizikas isn't coming off the 4th either when he is our 2nd best face off guy.

As for the wings, they have camp for that but I doubt the captain gets moved all the way down to the 3rd line. Personally I want Parise to take over the 4th line and give some offensive punch to that line- he played night and day better than Martin did last season, defensively too.

If it is Bailey that is gone and Nelson joins Barzal to his left, then as much as I want Wahlstrom on that top line for his shot, I think they wait until he earns it and Palms gets the top line RW spot. Nelson and Lee almost assuredly will be LW1 and LW2, which leaves Beau, Bellows, Ollie and perhaps a UFA (Milano, Rodrigues perhaps) battling for LW3 and RW2 and RW3.

He's an RFA, he can't simply *leave*. And moving him to the wing doesn't mean he can't enter the zone with the puck. He was already only taking half of the draws playing with Lee. The biggest difference having him as a "wing" on a line with Kadri or Nelson would be in the defensive zone, where he would have less responsibility. If Barzal scores an extra 20+ points this year and we make the playoffs but he forces his way out because he's not "the center" so be it.

mm11

Jan 26, 2005
Fleming island, Fl

last I looked, my dime store head saw #13 as #1 in the league in zone entries.

Reactions: SayItAintSoJohnny

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
He's an RFA, he can't simply *leave*. And moving him to the wing doesn't mean he can't enter the zone with the puck. He was already only taking half of the draws playing with Lee. The biggest difference having him as a "wing" on a line with Kadri or Nelson would be in the defensive zone, where he would have less responsibility. If Barzal scores an extra 20+ points this year and we make the playoffs but he forces his way out because he's not "the center" so be it.
You know what I meant about leaving...so I don't even know why you typed that first sentence...

Nelson can "take more responsibilities" and "take more draws" at wing just like Lee did, even more so as far as face-off's go. Islanders aren't however moving Matty to the wing, it just isn't going to happen...

impaaaaaact

Jan 14, 2014
Brooklyn, NY
You know what I meant about leaving...so I don't even know why you typed that first sentence...

Nelson can "take more responsibilities" and "take more draws" at wing just like Lee did, even more so as far as face-off's go. Islanders aren't however moving Matty to the wing, it just isn't going to happen...

Maybe I’m smoking too much serious shit but no I don’t. He is under team control, can’t leave. If he wants to force his way out he will be the best player available on the market and under team control. If the consequence of icing your best roster is potentially having to make a tkachuk-esque trade next offseason so be it.

duster19

Feb 13, 2013
My guess is Kadri, Milano, and a depth defenseman at league minimum (DeKeyser).

Beauvillier traded for cap space.
It will be something like this. Could be Bailey too. Go after a LHD during the season if it is an issue. I don’t see how they haven’t signed Kadri. If he is still a UFA he should look for new representation.

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013

Why would Nelson or Pageau be going to Colorado specifically? This isn't a trade with Colorado, this is a UFA signing here and I see a lot better fits cap-wise than Colorado for either of those players. Both of them also carry a modified NTC that eliminates half the league.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad