Roster/Rumors/Speculation/Trade Talk - 2023-24: Hotel California

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here
Status
Not open for further replies.

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
I'd trade for Rutger and Ehlers anyways but the islanders basically need to do their version of the Lindholm to Calgary trade. Nelson will go back.

Reactions: SI90

PK Cronin

Bailey Fan Club Prez
Feb 11, 2013
I think maybe it costs him a year? Hronek just got 7.5 after his first high output year which happened to coincide with him being put on a pairing with Hughes. Same thing happened with Toews. Dobson is the Hughes/Makar (obviously not on same level) in this scenario and the cap is going up so I think he realistically bottoms out at a little more than they make.
That Hronek deal is going to hurt because I don't think he's that good, but I think you're right.

steveat

Jun 4, 2011
Prediction: Aho signs with the Leafs...because lambert.
- Leafs will sign 3 goalies for next season. Woll, Samsonov and Jarry

Reactions: FoxYou727

Osakahaus

Chillin' on Fuji
May 28, 2021
That Hronek deal is going to hurt because I don't think he's that good, but I think you're right.
Toews is a much better defenseman than Hronek. End of the day, the Horvat trade looks to have benefitted both the Islanders and Canucks, while the Red Wings are losers...somehow.

Big L

Grandpa’s Cough Medicine is 180 Proof
Feb 7, 2013
CT
I'm not the best at figuring out sarcasm. But I can figure out that either you haven't been to Winnipeg, or this is sarcasm.
Nope, never been to Winnipeg. Not high on my list of places to go before I die, either. I’d imagine I speak for a lot of people here. If I happened to be in or near Winnipeg and there was a game on, I’d certainly go check it out though.

SayItAintSoJohnny

Jun 30, 2018
With a week-ten days to pretty much determine this, I make my last Cap Friendly "hopeful" offseason plan, keeping these notions as pretty much set in my book:

1. LW/RW Pierre Engvall and RD Scotty Mayfield are all but untradeable, thanks to the insane extensions Lou gave them last offseason

2. LW Anders Lee isn't getting traded. Despite the obvious of the 2 years and 7 million cap still looming on his contract, I don't even see Lou approaching the captain on a potential move.

3. G Semyon Varlamov won't be dealt either. As much as one could argue that doing so might net us a nice return and benefit us greatly, I see no indication that Lou would consider it; especially with his reluctance in the past and Sorokin's subpar performance last season

4. C Brock Nelson and LW/RW Kyle Palmieri won't be going anywhere either. Sure, it could happen, but when you are trying to add to the TOP 6 as it is with minimal cap space and assets, it only complicates matters more when you trade one of your 4 forwards who are, coupled with the fact that these two were 2 of your 3 thirty goal scorers from last season. The only hope here of course is that Lou does consider moving both come the deadline if we are out of the playoff picture

5. I still think C Jean-Gabriel Pageau is the regular that is shipped out and I still think there is a small chance that if he is able to move another it will be one of Adam Pelech or Ryan Pulock rather than one of our forwards....

Final Roster:

Ehlers-
Horvat-Barzal
Lee-Nelson-Palmieri
Engvall-Cizikas-Kaliyev/Tsyplakov
Blueger-Carrick-
Holmstrom

Romanov-Dobson
Pelech- Chychrun
Reilly- Mayfield

MacLean-Desharnais

Sorokin-Varlamov

Taxi: Fasching-Iskhakov-Bolduc
Draft: Hage-Badinka

Tahoeblue

Nov 29, 2019
Reno/Tahoe
No idea what Lou is going to do and that sort of scares me. He could make a big splash or bring in someone like Duclair and let Martin and Clutter go and rebuild the bottom 9 with energy and quality pkers's. I could see him run it back with the same D and a healthy Mayfield and wait until the TDL for a possible return for Brock.

Lek

Nov 25, 2006
Raleigh
No idea what Lou is going to do and that sort of scares me. He could make a big splash or bring in someone like Duclair and let Martin and Clutter go and rebuild the bottom 9 with energy and quality pkers's. I could see him run it back with the same D and a healthy Mayfield and wait until the TDL for a possible return for Brock.
Think i would be more scared if i knew what Lou was going to do. Only because that would likely mean i spend an excessive amount of time with Lou, and while he seems to be a nice guy, would rather not.

Chapin Landvogt

Jul 4, 2002
Germany
Random thought. I may be old school but it would be nice for lou to find a butcher to play in front of sorokin. Need someone angry to clear the crease.

Admit it, this is just your way of saying you're hoping Lou will grab this guy...

1719180747335.png

• Wow
Reactions: leeroggy
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad