Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

RempireStateBuilding

Dec 13, 2009
NY
Whoever earns it in preseason/training camp
Remember when this team had no captain for like 5 years? Good times, good times.

No one is going to grab it from preseason/training camp with this group. It would be 15 rotating A's again, like before Trouba came in.

The only people I'd want as captain post-Trouba are Fox and Tro. Laf once he grows into his game more.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Remember when this team had no captain for like 5 years? Good times, good times.
I mean Henrik was always the de facto captain but you can’t put a C on a goalie. Also I’d rather have no captain than someone that doesn’t deserve it or want it
No one is going to grab it from preseason/training camp with this group. It would be 15 rotating A's again, like before Trouba came in.
You don’t know that. Trouba didn’t even grab it they just gave it to him to justify that trade/contract extension. If they don’t like the leadership go trade for a leader. But I really don’t think this is a huge deal.

I mean I would just give Bergeron a bag to unretire and give it to him but I never get what I want

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC

The only people I'd want as captain post-Trouba are Fox and Tro. Laf once he grows into his game more.
Don't care. Two slots open. Add Vinny and Laf as A's

Guyute

Sponsor
Feb 17, 2013
Fox ain’t captain material, just like Leetch. I’d give the C to Vinny if we trade Trouba. Fox, Mika, Kreider can alternate the A’s.

EdJovanovski

#RempeForCalder
Apr 26, 2016
The Rempire State
And who becomes captain? This group has no one willing to take it.
hq720.jpg

Shesterkybomb

Dec 30, 2016
What's it take to get Ehlers, we need an injection of speed and scoring, I'm all aboard that. Would the 1st plus a prospect maybe Sykora do it? We desperately need speed on the wings, Kreider is slowing, Panarin was never a speedster, Laf is fine, other than that she's pretty slow.

bernmeister

Jun 11, 2010
Da Big Apple
How would that make you right? They are young players in the organization and will get their chance to play on a regular basis at some point.

The playoffs were not the time for those 'growing pains'

Maybe you are admitting that now?
Don't pretend to be dense just so you don't have to admit I was right.

Look, this is not rocket science, but since you insist on having me connect the dots for you...

1. play youth early in the season
2. accept growing pains during the season
3. notice maturity/development of youth during the season
4. youth is ready for POs

it's not hard to understand
lose the hate

Vitto79

May 24, 2008
Sarnia
Is Fowler on D a good option ? 2 yrs left
Plus say Vakanainnen.

Would Verbeek entertain Trouba , Lindgren , Kakko ….

The Ducks D would be better overall Imo

I just think Drury is gonna make a trade

Leonardo87

New York Rangers, Anaheim Ducks, and TMNT fan.
Sponsor
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Plus say Vakanainnen.

Fowler is a good D, Anaheim has overplayed him to be more a shutdown D, and top pairing mins. He is more of a #2/#3.

He is not Tuba. He can actually defend.

I personally liked Vaak last season . Him and Gudas was a good pairing for Anaheim.

Mac n Gs

Drury plz
Jan 17, 2014
Plus say Vakanainnen.

I mentioned Vaakanainen last week as a potential target to help re-vamp the defense. He's a big, long really good defensive dman that can move the puck effectively and plays a boring, simple game. He spent most of last year playing with either Gudas or Fowler, and a good chunk of that was against elite competition. They have a ton of dmen coming along the pipeline too, so it makes sense for them to move him for value if they can.

Other boring, but effective, targets are guys like Brian Dumoulin and Valimaki. The guy I want is JJ Moser.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad