Roster Building Thread - Part XI (Off-season edition)

rangers1314

May 9, 2007
Astoria, NY
Which part of No don’t you understand.

I live in the west and see the Ducks regularly.

No.

I suspect you are right. Have no idea how he would fit into a deal though.
Well that’s the question.

Verbeek just got there. Last year was his first draft. Are there players from previous drafts he’d be willing to part with? They have picks up the ying yang this draft.

Barnaby

Jul 2, 2003
Port Jefferson, NY
He was injured for a good stretch last year so that kind of derailed his trending. I think we’d be giving up on him too soon.

Fans are so impatient. Except when they complain about guys we gave up on too early.
I mean he’s been here for 5 seasons. Could he do a 180 in season 6? I guess anything’s possible, but I just don’t see it with him. It’s not like he flashes, but lacks consistency. 40 games go by and I feel like I haven’t seen him make an impressive play.

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
I don't trade straight up Trouba for Fowler either at this point. I mean, neither Trouba nor Fowler help this team at this point. I'd package Trouba, 1st, + at this point for an NHL player just to get rid of the salary and not have a shit player.

I hope he turns it around if can. He was painful to watch at the end.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
No, you might as well be speaking Chinese.

I gave a pretty mild opinion and you called me arrogant.
It was not mild. It was dismissive of concerns other bring up, and arrogant in the way you talk as all knowing. What you spoke about in absolutes is something you and everyone else has literally no way of knowing. Concerns about it are legit, you dump on everyone with those concerns

jay from jersey

Jan 30, 2008
And he plays PP and Pk

He’s the only choice imo.

Fox is too quiet. Similar to Leetch how he lets his play do the talking.

Tro is the heartbeat of the team currently..
He gets guys involved physically, plays all situations, is a seasoned vet, etc etc

He strikes me as the type that has fun going to work, both practice and games. When you have a captain like that, that attitude/moxy is contagious.
Other guys buy in and before you know it the entire team is playing loose and more focused.
We are going to have a pretty steady stream of young guys winning spots on the roster over the next 2-3-4 years…. Having a captain like Tro is important for them to acclimate

Reactions: skipmowerman

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
It was not mild. It was dismissive of concerns other bring up, and arrogant in the way you talk as all knowing. What you spoke about in absolutes is something you and everyone else has literally no way of knowing. Concerns about it are legit, you dump on everyone with those concerns
I didn't dump on anyone. I said it's not a concern right now. Others think it is, and that's fine. I literally just disagreed. If you want me to condescend, I'll condescend.

Reactions: Atax

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I mean he’s been here for 5 seasons. Could he do a 180 in season 6? I guess anything’s possible, but I just don’t see it with him. It’s not like he flashes, but lacks consistency. 40 games go by and I feel like I haven’t seen him make an impressive play.
You asked if he trended up the past season. I told you why he didn’t. He had trended up the previous seasons and at 23 is too young to give up on.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
I didn't dump on anyone. I said it's not a concern right now. Others think it is, and that's fine. I literally just disagreed. If you want me to condescend, I'll condescend.
I don't want you to concede, just don't be so arrogant. Stop acting like people are idiots for being worried about a 34 year old possibly slowing down, or panarin not repeating his career year, or not assuming that every other good/great thing that happened this year is just going to repeat itself next season.

TominNC

Jul 17, 2017
Charlotte, NC
I don't want you to concede, just don't be so arrogant. Stop acting like people are idiots for being worried about a 34 year old possibly slowing down, or panarin not repeating his career year, or not assuming that every other good/great thing that happened this year is just going to repeat itself next season.
On the other hand the doom and gloom assumptions that everything will go wrong also gets to be a bit much. The team needs some tweaking, not an overhaul. I know that doesn’t make the blow it up crowd happy but this is still a team near the top of the league. Keep taking shots at it

Reactions: egelband

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
On the other hand the doom and gloom assumptions that everything will go wrong also gets to be a bit much. The team needs some tweaking, not an overhaul. I know that doesn’t make the blow it up crowd happy but this is still a team near the top of the league. Keep taking shots at it
Completely agree with you.

Reactions: egelband

Machinehead

GoAwayBrady
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Do you want me to add "in my opinion, but I could be wrong" to every post?

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL
If given the option between trading Trouba or Lindgren this offseason, I think I’d prefer Trouba. And the reason is, I really think Matt Roy is the guy who just fits perfectly on that 2nd pairing as RD. And balancing the pairs is easier.

Miller-Fox
Lindgren-Roy
Jones-Schneider

Vs

Miller-Fox
Jones-Fox
Dillon-Schneider

Beyond Skjei, who I’m not a fan of paying, and Demelo who I think is good but older than Roy, there isn’t much available at LD this offseason.

I’d absolutely sign Oliver Kylington however but I don’t think he’s someone you rely on to be a top-4 guy.

Then if absolutely forced to add only one major UFA at forward this offseason, it’s Joshua. You could convince me to sign a few 1-year vets as depth. Craig Smith. Mattias Janmark. Conor Brown. Max Pacioretty. Zemgus Girgensons. I’d be intrigued by Skinner if he is bought out as well.

Also, Berard should play.

bleedblue94

Jun 8, 2004
Do you want me to add "in my opinion, but I could be wrong" to every post?
No, you putting "but I could be wrong" would be very insincere ha.

Rock you opinions but just maybe take your foot off the throats of other people's opinions (not even talking about mine)?

Reactions: djzbad

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
If given the option between trading Trouba or Lindgren this offseason, I think I’d prefer Trouba. And the reason is, I really think Matt Roy is the guy who just fits perfectly on that 2nd pairing as RD. And balancing the pairs is easier.

Miller-Fox
Lindgren-Roy
Jones-Schneider

Vs

Miller-Fox
Jones-Fox
Dillon-Schneider

Beyond Skjei, who I’m not a fan of paying, and Demelo who I think is good but older than Roy, there isn’t much available at LD this offseason.

I’d absolutely sign Oliver Kylington however but I don’t think he’s someone you rely on to be a top-4 guy.

Then if absolutely forced to add only one major UFA at forward this offseason, it’s Joshua. You could convince me to sign a few 1-year vets as depth. Craig Smith. Mattias Janmark. Conor Brown. Max Pacioretty. Zemgus Girgensons. I’d be intrigued by Skinner if he is bought out as well.

Also, Berard should play.

I don't know, I think the scenario that we successfully clone Fox is way better.

majordomo

Oct 29, 2023
NYC
agreed, but my pt remains, IT SHOULD BE

ps - I keep intending to say, that is a super cool avatar featuring one of my all time faves. Gilles Villemure!
I wear a Gilles jersey whenever I go to Garden.....thought I was only person with one until a friend sent me a picture of a young lady at the winter classic wearing one.

Reactions: bernmeister

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad