GDT: 2024 NHL Entry Draft, at The Sphere in Vegas, Friday, June 28, 7 p.m. edt | SN, TVA Sports, ESPN, NHLN

Who will Montreal draft?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

McGuires Corndog

Pierre's favorite MONSTER performer
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2008
Montreal

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Well well well. If it indeed goes

Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Demidov

We will be really happy with this going forward. Yet it seems like good picks for everyone, as long as Lindstrom is healthy.

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Maybe San jose really wants Celibrini buddy Eiserman and after earing Montreal’s interest for him aquired a better pick to secure him.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006

CHfan1

Apr 23, 2012
f*** me.......They gave a second round pick to move up 3 spots? Good deal for the Sabres. Strange that the Sabres made this deal before knowing who was going to be available at 11th,.

Very similar to the 2019 trade between Arizona and Philadelphia. Arizona gave up picks 14 & 45 to acquire pick 11.

Reactions: FrankMTL

Sam de Mtl

Oct 11, 2021
Don’t care so long as we aren’t the one holding the bag. Lol
Sure, but tbh, if health was not a concern, then Lindstrom looks even better than Demidov.

Can you imagine the type of havoc a top 6 with Slafkovsky, a healthy Dach and a healthy Lindstrom could do in the playoffs? That's a hell of a lineup with size when you add them to the Caufield, Suzuki and our solid depth pieces.

Demidov is likely to be the better regular season performer with a question mark to the playoffs. With what we know, Demidov is he more interesting pick, but with what GMs know, the answer might be different.

NORiculous

Jan 13, 2006
Montreal
Is this a new thing in the NHL? Moving up or down in the leadup to the draft as opposed to during?

Islanders and Blackhawks swapped 18 and 20 a month ago, now Sharks and Sabres swap 14th and 11th.

Don't these teams (both sides) want to see who drops and what happens in the draft before moving around?
If they have a top X list and their pick just falls short of X, no need to wait.

On the other side, if the price is good enough to move back a few spots, no need to wait for the other team to change its mind.

YukonCornelius 5thOA

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
So Damico confirms it was Reinbacher/Leonard last year huh.

The cringe was too strong so I could not finish the interview but apparently Demidov fat shamed Tony lmao

Skip to 6:35

Forget the chicken legs I'm back on board we must acquire Ivan Demidov at all cost.

Oddly enough these clips are actually making me appreciate Tony for the first time, usually he makes me feel like I'm hearing or watching Alex Jones talk about the Habs.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
So Damico confirms it was Reinbacher/Leonard last year huh.

The cringe was too strong so I could not finish the interview but apparently Demidov fat shamed Tony lmao

Skip to 6:35

Forget the chicken legs I'm back on board we must acquire Ivan Demidov at all cost.

We have too many mfers on the DND, we need to relax. We can work with chicken legs.

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Well well well. If it indeed goes

Levshunov
Silayev
Lindstrom
Demidov

We will be really happy with this going forward. Yet it seems like good picks for everyone, as long as Lindstrom is healthy.

Habs draft Demidov, HF Habs Forum =
giphy.gif

Habs draft Lindstrom, HF Habs forum =
giphy.gif

Habs draft anybody else, HF Habs forum =
lotr-two-towers-helms-deep-Aragorn-Gimli-causeway-ez.gif

HuGo Burner Acc

Mar 30, 2016
Sure, but tbh, if health was not a concern, then Lindstrom looks even better than Demidov.

Can you imagine the type of havoc a top 6 with Slafkovsky, a healthy Dach and a healthy Lindstrom could do in the playoffs? That's a hell of a lineup with size when you add them to the Caufield, Suzuki and our solid depth pieces.

Demidov is likely to be the better regular season performer with a question mark to the playoffs. With what we know, Demidov is he more interesting pick, but with what GMs know, the answer might be different.

Any of the two options are great for the Habs going forward. Just gotta hope Columbus and Anaheim doesn't screw it all up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad