Fire Briere

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
you don't know what the word superlative means either. Do yourself a favor and watch some of the Guelph shift videos or longer highlights. If you don't see plus speed, vision and playmaking, that's fine too.

"Plus" is fine and acceptable. The idea that he was elite in numerous categories and off the radar doesn't check out though. Unless we've got very different definitions of elite

Reactions: GapToothedWonder

Tarpongg

#fakerebuild
May 26, 2012
I would love for people who insist we are rebuilding to look at what a real rebuild looks like. Take Chicago, winners of 3 recent cups. They sent a letter to their fans announcing their intention to start over. They proceeded to trade Dach and Debrincat, and had 8 picks in the top 100 in both 2022 and 2023. Last night, they had 3 picks in the first rd! They were not afraid to tank, so their picks have been premium, maybe generational in Bedard.

The Flyers? Announce they are rebuilding, but do anything but. Desperate to claw into the playoffs. Afraid to tear it down because of culture. (What culture? No cups in 50 years) 5 picks in the top 100 in 2023, and 3 top 100 picks in this draft. Keep failed talent evaluator Flahr around, hire a neophyte GM and President for PR reasons.

Which franchise will win a cup next?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013
I don’t give a shit about the players that have been picked. They could be absolute home runs but the issue is the processes. Just like it always is. It’s never about the player.

Every time Briere opens his mouth he says something even more horrifying than before.
It’s like he’s becoming more and more of a Former Flyer cliche machine every day. That shit with saying the Lappy extension was deserved because of a blocked shot with his face was horrifying.

Briere was supposed to come in and give the disastrous Flyers organization a shot in the arm with some fresh ideas and thinking, and instead he’s just becoming a watered down version of their past GM failures.

Beef Invictus

Revolutionary Positivity
Dec 21, 2009
Armored Train
It’s like he’s becoming more and more of a Former Flyer cliche machine every day. That shit with saying the Lappy extension was deserved because of a blocked shot with his face was horrifying.

Briere was supposed to come in and give the disastrous Flyers organization a shot in the arm with some fresh ideas and thinking, and instead he’s just becoming a watered down version of their past GM failures.

I got yelled at for pointing out that if he had fresh ideas, he wouldn't have been hired.

mr figgles

Mar 24, 2012
Here I thought signing Nick Grossmann Seeler to a four year deal, signing 25-year-old low end third liner Michal Raffl Ryan Poehling, acquiring elite 4th liner Derek Grant Garnet Hathaway, signing secondary players like Travis Sanheim Owen Tippett to 8 year deals, and drafting for size and character were fresh ideas.

Juicy Pop

BONK
Apr 26, 2014
Scranton, PA
Here I thought signing Nick Grossmann Seeler to a four year deal, signing 25-year-old low end third liner Michal Raffl Ryan Poehling, acquiring elite 4th liner Derek Grant Garnet Hathaway, signing secondary players like Travis Sanheim Owen Tippett to 8 year deals, and drafting for size and character were fresh ideas.

At least half of this are shots that I sort of like.

Don't tell me that there wasn't at least one Hathaway goal that you didn't get excited for. Honestly, it's the most visually tempering 4th line we've seen in years. They actually press the forecheck and have some presence with some fun goals.

Flyerfan4life

Jun 9, 2010
Richmond BC, Canada
I got yelled at for pointing out that if he had fresh ideas, he wouldn't have been hired.
exactly... same guy different suit..

i see what you did there... 🤣🤣🤣

freakydallas13

Jan 30, 2007
Victoria, BC

Don't tell me that there wasn't at least one Hathaway goal that you didn't get excited for. Honestly, it's the most visually tempering 4th line we've seen in years. They actually press the forecheck and have some presence with some fun goals.
When do they hang the "visually tempering 4th line" banner you think, 1st home game?

Curufinwe

Feb 28, 2013

Hathaway played half the season with Deslauriers and their results together were disastrous.

For the whole season, Cates, Poehling and Hathaway all had poor scoring and mediocre defensive results. They were a significant drag on the team at ES.

Last edited:
Reactions: Tarpongg

LegionOfDoom91

Jan 25, 2013
Philadelphia, PA
I think Cates, Hathaway, & Poehling were useful bottom sixer’s this year when they weren’t playing with Deslauries & they weren’t getting pushed up the lineup into the top six.

It makes it all the more puzzling why the won’t trade Laughton who’s easily the worst of those four. You’ve essentially replaced him with Poehling.

But given the clear talent deficiencies towards the top of the lineup & the Flyers questionable tactics in trying to remedy that. It’s kind of like saying you have a nice backyard when your house is completely ran down.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad