Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

HockeyBasedNYC

Feeling it
Aug 2, 2005
Here
there is ZERO intellectual basis to go there. zero.
youth + energy + intensity and you want to just get rid f that?
why?
so also, no
Zero intellectual basis?? Its called experience.

I'd be shocked if they roll with either of those two in the playoffs (Edstrom/Rempe).

Unless one roster player is traded, like Kakko for two rental forwards - which to me is the whole crux of the problem.

If you are gunning for a STANLEY CUP you are removing a solid 3rd liner with 29 playoff games for a rookie who's played 25 reg season games on the 4th line. Makes no sense to me.

At the very least you want Vesey and Brodz on the 4th and those two as Aces

lakeshirts37

Jun 25, 2019
What is his usage though? I'm genuinely asking, I don't have access to a lot of charts.

Is he playing top 6 min in CBJ where he would be playing a 3rd line role here against weaker competition and may flourish a bit?
He’s leading seattle in ice time for forwards. He plays in all situations. I think it would be a great fit for rangers

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY
Really like the look of Cuylle Wennberg Kakko

Also like the idea of filling that 3C spot with a guy who will play both PP and PK mins.

If the cost is Jones/Robertson and a mid round pick, that's a good piece of business and allows you the full week to let the deadline unfold to find a winger for the top line.

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
I like the Tuch idea. He would check a lot of boxes. The only off limits prospect or pick for him would be Perreault. He would take probably three good pieces but being signed for two more years IMO it would be worth it.

A lot of the other players Wennberg, Laughton, Henrique I'm pretty lukewarm about.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

GoAwayPanarin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
May 27, 2008
In High Altitoad
with the talk of an extension beyond this season, that screams avs/boston.

Rangers don't do that kind of shit and it doesnt really make a ton of sense for them unless they know Chytil is done for good.

Mikachu93

Formerly MacTruck
Aug 1, 2010
NY

Rangers don't do that kind of shit and it doesnt really make a ton of sense for them unless they know Chytil is done for good.
Think you're misreading that tweet. It implies Seattle wanted to extend him but have decided to move him, not that the teams trading for him would be looking to extend him.

Reactions: KOVALEV022473

NYR Viper

Sep 9, 2007
Jacksonville, FL

I disagree. With everything going on with Chytil it would make A LOT of sense to sign someone to a 2-3 year deal who can play center in the top-9. They don't have an internal option and even if they draft one this year, it's likely to be 2-3 years at minimum for that player to develop. Someone like Wennberg would make a lot of sense as a stop-gap

Glen Sathers Cigar

Sather 4 Ever
Feb 4, 2013
New York
I think Wennberg would be just about the best addition they could make considering need and who's available and likely costs. Just hope if it's us the cost isn't too much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad