Roster Building thread - Part X - (TDL edition)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Savant

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Oct 3, 2013
Why not? The team would have cap space and a need @ 3C
Because that would be a really dumb place to use the cap space; especially sight unseen. We should not be extending any rental center until we know how they fit with the team, and frankly we need to figure out if Chytil can play or not too. This team does not have the cap space to take risks

Reactions: nsvoyageurs

haohmaru

boomshakalaka
Aug 26, 2009
Fleming Island, Fl
Zero intellectual basis?? Its called experience.

I'd be shocked if they roll with either of those two in the playoffs (Edstrom/Rempe).

Unless one roster player is traded, like Kakko for two rental forwards - which to me is the whole crux of the problem.

If you are gunning for a STANLEY CUP you are removing a solid 3rd liner with 29 playoff games for a rookie who's played 25 reg season games on the 4th line. Makes no sense to me.

At the very least you want Vesey and Brodz on the 4th and those two as Aces

Why even argue? One of his posts had Edstrom between Kreider and Zibanejad. It's ludicrous.

mike14

Rampage Sherpa
Jun 22, 2006
Melbourne
I feel that every trade deadline I need to remind y'all that NHL teams are mega wealthy and can easily organise transport for traded players, they aren't needing you guys to do it for them. Cheaper transport won't have an effect on trades getting done.

I'm sure the players would appreciate the flight rather than your crummy station-wagon as well...

:naughty:

• Haha
Reactions: jacko23

egelband

Sep 6, 2008
Anyone get the feeling they will send Rempe down to take the pressure off him? There's way too much hype and expectation. Imo it's what might be best for him atleast for a short while
I think he’s over the showboating-goon hump. Aside from possibly the Devils game, should be mostly straight up hockey for him for the next stretch. Good chance for him to show he can play.

So he’s saying gourde is on the block. I’d move a first-plus for him.

TGWL

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 28, 2011
We still don't have a top-6 RW. Not sure how far we'll go without that and with Kreider and with the BFF line playing like ass on 5V5.
You mean you aren't waiting for Wennberg to be 1rw ? It's going to happen if we trade for him. Rempe will be sent down. Vesey will take the 4th line and Jonny will stay at 3c after a failed attempt at putting him back with Kreider/Mikka.

Tyler Johnson is guy that might not cost much, has a long playoff resume, two cups, etc...
If the goal is to just bring anybody in, why even bother?

I Eat Crow

Fear The Mullet
Jul 9, 2007
In:
Buchnevich (50% retention)
Wennberg
Edmundson

Out:
2025 NYR 1st
Brett Berard
Matt Robertson
2024 4th