Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Some of us have been calling for this callup. When he first came up last time the Sens moved Pinto and Batherson to the 3rd line and moved Joseph up with Tkachuck and Stutzle.
Joseph is out... I mean he has some speed so that can help create space but I think there are replacement options there with minimal drop off.
The 3 line approach with far less drop off between 2 and 3 was a positive change then.

The depth of this rosters construction for this year was horrible and has to be addressed going forward.
Such a shame really considering we had 3 excellent 3rd liners with Forms, Paul and Brown.
All of them can slide up when needed. Forms not coming back from an org pov was pretty clear when they offered him a 2 way contract. Trading Paul for Joseph and trading Brown depleted our depth and really hurt the team this year. Can't win without depth over the long haul.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Some of us have been calling for this callup. When he first came up last time the Sens moved Pinto and Batherson to the 3rd line and moved Joseph up with Tkachuck and Stutzle.
Joseph is out... I mean he has some speed so that can help create space but I think there are replacement options there with minimal drop off.
The 3 line approach with far less drop off between 2 and 3 was a positive change then.

The depth of this rosters construction for this year was horrible and has to be addressed going forward.
Such a shame really considering we had 3 excellent 3rd liners with Forms, Paul and Brown.
All of them can slide up when needed. Forms not coming back from an org pov was pretty clear when they offered him a 2 way contract. Trading Paul for Joseph and trading Brown depleted our depth and really hurt the team this year. Can't win without depth over the long haul.
Those lines is what started this streak. They should go back to them.

When I watch greig I don’t really think he looks ready. But he’s solid enough to play with good players which allows our third line to be effective with players getting slid down

Reactions: DrEasy

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022

Ya Paul is clearly better than Joseph.

Brown was on a hot streak last year and I always thought he was a solid second or third liner.

What has happened to Formenton? I have heard he isn't playing due to legal issues over the WJC. But why is Batherson playing then?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Those lines is what started this streak. They should go back to them.

When I watch greig I don’t really think he looks ready. But he’s solid enough to play with good players which allows our third line to be effective with players getting slid down
We can't make 3 strong lines ... This helps though I think.

Ya Paul is clearly better than Joseph.

Brown was on a hot streak last year and I always thought he was a solid second or third liner.

What has happened to Formenton? I have heard he isn't playing due to legal issues over the WJC. But why is Batherson playing then?
Not legal issues. A choice by Sens Management not to sign him. He isn't any more hot water than anyone else .

Norris4Norris

Jul 13, 2022

Not legal issues. A choice by Sens Management not to sign him. He isn't any more hot water than anyone else .
Wow, I can't believe we decided not to sign Formenton. He had 17 goals last year and skates like the wind, under a potential cap-friendly contract. Yeessh. Dorion screwed that one up.

Reactions: Cosmix and bert

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Wow, I can't believe we decided not to sign Formenton. He had 17 goals last year and skates like the wind, under a potential cap-friendly contract. Yeessh. Dorion screwed that one up.
The other WJ players had contracts , but 1 St Louis guy I think.
They qualified him, to retain rights, he didn’t accept it.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Formenton is playing overseas at this time.

It is well past the time for Dorion to be replaced.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I think that had much more to do with politics & optics than we know.

Let's get back to Greig, I think he probably has the best shot at making the team out of training camp next season.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
No. There is way more to it than we know. Come on people.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Let's get back to Greig, I think he probably has the best shot at making the team out of training camp next season.
If he can sustain the play he had when he first got called up then I think he can earn his spot during the final games of this season.

He looked fine with G and DBC which is a great sign already.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
SOA isn’t representing the contextual situation with Formy accurately at all. You’d be better off doing a search and read up if you have missed the whole thing.

Essentially everyone, including Formenton, is in a holding pattern until the investigation by London Police concludes And we find out if there are any charges to be laid, or any formal accusations levied.

Dorion didn’t screw anything up, Formenton was given his QO, which he didn’t sign, to make sure we retain his rights, and then everyone went radio silent on all sides and that’s where things stand.

It’s pretty obvious what everyone is waiting for.

Reactions: Norris4Norris

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
I think that had much more to do with politics & optics than we know.

Well I think everyone knows it had to do with politics and optics.

I think people are frustrated that he could be with us. I’m not willing to sell my soul tho lol. Not yet

Reactions: aragorn

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad