Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Panthers led the league in penalties last year and won the cup, being on that edge opens up the ice for the skilled guys. As a team, we drew more penalties than we took, being a greasy rat is part of his game, so long as his penalties aren't retaliatory ones he gets lured into, I'm good with him taking penalties.

Our scouts are geniuses!

:sarcasm:

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Imagine all the time we wasted looking at everything else...

PIMs is actually a stat I basically never looked at lol

I wish I was as hockey savvvvvvy
There's another advanced stat, which is the height of the player. The use of advanced AI by our horde of data analysts led to the discovery of this obscure market inefficiency, and we've been reaping the rewards ever since!

• Love
Reactions: Xspyrit

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
There's another advanced stat, which is the height of the player. The use of advanced AI by our horde of data analysts led to the discovery of this obscure market inefficiency, and we've been reaping the rewards ever since!

I wish someone would come off with the perfect formula! like height x PIMs + weight divided by?

Reactions: DrEasy

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Allows them to ask "are you tall?" in their time restricted interviews.

Is your reckless , risky, often suspect defensive play due to your coaches asking you to go all in on offense? Oh yah that was it.... That's our boy!

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
A picky comment lol.
Now peers how do you define that?
21 year olds graduating from the CHL or is it a narrower definition .. 21 year olds in the NHL or even narrower ?
I can tell you this if you look at CHL players in the same age group or even all hockey players in that age group .. How many get to represent their country internationally at the U20 level.. like what %. Captaining your CHL team. Playing full time in the NHL and centering a top 6 line for a period of time. Well above tweener status and looking at a long NHL career. 98+ % of all those players who played at a pretty serious level would look at Greig and say he was successful.

What does he have to do to be successful thus far in his career relative to his peers in your estimation?
Alright. He’s a winner. And will remain a winner regardless i was wrong

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Hopefully dekes Rielly out to end up on a break away, scores a goal, and then does a celebration that triggers Rielly.

I'm hoping for a sniper action or pretending his stick is really hot the way Ovechkin did back in the day.

Whatever causes more salt for the Leafs
I am hoping for a devastating clean check by Greig on Reilly, followed up with another slap shot empty net goal. :)

Reactions: bicboi64

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

Greig was the Senators' Swiss Army knife last season. Evolving-Hockey's data shows he logged 1,061 minutes across all situations, but Greig never had regular linemates at five-on-five. He was used everywhere, part of nine line combinations that logged between 30 and 79 minutes together. His versatility in playing up and down the lineup at centre and the wing made him invaluable to the Senators.

Evolving-Hockey's wins above replacement (WAR) model rated him as the Senators' third-most valuable forward behind Tim Stützle and Brady Tkachuk.

That lack of continuity may have hurt Greig's production.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad