Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Time to bump this bad boy.

Greig has been elevated to a role many thought he couldn't live up to yet he is making his line mates BETTER.

This dude is a key player for us as we prepare to go deep into the playoffs. The time he gets in this role will pay dividends down the line.

Love his awareness, his skill and his compete. Will be an absolute stud for us.

Making the Pinto noise die down is an unforeseen bonus.
I have to give credit where credit is due. He is bigger, faster, more engaged and not playing like he is just happy to be in the NHL. He is ready to contribute.

Korpse

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 5, 2010
Ridly showing that he can play along side and compliment talented players. Not something everyone has done, I thought he looked good in the games he played along Giroux last year and he’s shown chemistry with Tarasenko.

Reactions: aragorn

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Ridly showing that he can play along side and compliment talented players. Not something everyone has done, I thought he looked good in the games he played along Giroux last year and he’s shown chemistry with Tarasenko.
He’s a really good facilitator. I think the three of them actually compliment eachother really well which I admit, even a genius like me didn’t predict. Joseph allows them to effectively get the puck deep and retrieve in. Greig and tarasenko can work the boards

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
The boy can play, what a draft year. Love the hit on DBC, love the grit, love getting under Wilson’s skin, and the boy has skills.

That one on two last game was sweet stick work.

We have another good one here, I can see why management was like ‘hells no’ every time a team wanted him thrown into a deal

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
Best player for the Senators in his last game.

I'm loving his combination of speed, forechecking aggressiveness, physicality and a little bit of offense as well.

He's the model player for what a great bottom six could look like.
He's also a pest who finishes his checks and upsets other players who do not like to get hit. These attributes are why I like Kelly too.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
That would be an awesome line imo
It would, but don't you think his talents are watsed on the wing? I have this convo with my son at the game, watching the Detroit game from the stands, and he is just too savvy in the middle . Is it the end of the world to put him as the 4th line center?

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Is it the end of the world to put him as the 4th line center?

I'd much rather have two good bottom six lines than one.

If MacEwan is out of the line-up and we can afford to have guys like Smejkal in the line-up, we could certainly roll four lines and potentially load manage our guys through the grind of the season.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
It would, but don't you think his talents are watsed on the wing? I have this convo with my son at the game, watching the Detroit game from the stands, and he is just too savvy in the middle . Is it the end of the world to put him as the 4th line center?

I liked his brief stint at C with G last year and as Pinto replacement thus far. He is certainly capable of playing as a C.

Greig won’t get the minutes and quality linemates he is getting to play up to his potential on the 4th line though. Greig on the 4th line with any of Kelly-Chartier-Kastelic is a waste of his talent and continual development.

Reward the guy and slot him at the best AVAILABLE spot, he is an easy option to switch to C should there be injuries. Pinto has dibs on 3C. Along with Tarasenko, they can really be the best we have had since Arvedsson-Bonk-Hossa played the 3rd line role. Schaefer-Fisher-Havlat didn’t play very long together but they were also looking great back in the days.

Last edited:

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
I liked his brief stint at C with G last year and as Pinto replacement thus far. He is certainly capable of playing as a C.

Greig won’t get the minutes and quality linemates he is getting to play up to his potential on the 4th line though. Greig on the 4th line with any of Kelly-Chartier-Kastelic is a waste of his talent and continual development.

Reward the guy and slot him at the best AVAILABLE spot, he is an easy option to switch to C should there be injuries. Pinto has dibs on 3C. Along with Tarasenko, they can really the best we have had since Arvedsson-Bonk-Hossa played the 3rd line role. Schaefer-Fisher-Havlat didn’t play very long together but they were also looking great back in the days.
It's most likely that they move Greig to LW when Pinto returns (if he returns) but Pinto can also play RW & a they could try a Tarasenko - Greig - Pinto line & keep Greig at C. Nice to have options.

Reactions: armani

ReginKarlssonLehner

Let's Win It All
May 3, 2010
Dubai Marina
After recovering from injuries for quite a bit, looks like he is back on track to having Mercer like impact for us.

It was always a matter of when and not if when it came to Greig. Biggest key is for him to maintain his health. That hit on DeBrincat was a thing of beauty, and a glimpse of the impactful approach Greig can have on the game holistically.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Ice time would be my concern

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
It's good we don't have to pick between them, but who do you guys rate higher between him and Pinto?

I think I gotta go with Greig.

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Greig is a better fit to play with skilled players. Better puckhandler and playmaker than Pinto.

Which is why he should be shifted to LW when (hopefully not if) Pinto is signed.

He'd be the perfect guy to play alongside Norris and Batherson on the 2nd line.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad