Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
I like both, but I think Pinto's ceiling is higher. Pinto's skillset is very unique in the league. I think he might be a top 2C or even a 1C, and I have him above Norris and maybe Bath long term.

Probably why he would be looking to move to another team that doesn't already have two 8M C.

ottawagm

May 6, 2023
He has to prove it though

Nothing from the insiders show that Pinto is asking for a lot of money. 2.5mill max is what I have heard.

We don't even have the cap space for that or close to that
There are also comments that the salary keeps moving. Is it really 2.5M or 300k more than we can afford to spend, regardless of the space we make, so he gets moved?

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Last yr it was Sanderson this yr it's Greig, before that it was Tkachuk, Stutzle, Norris & Batherson, the kids just keep geting better. And they have a few more coming.
Do we? I think we may be kidded out. Sogaard I suppose has a view leaps left in him I think

Reactions: aragorn

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa
I like both, but I think Pinto's ceiling is higher. Pinto's skillset is very unique in the league. I think he might be a top 2C or even a 1C, and I have him above Norris and maybe Bath long term.
I see Pinto as 3rd line C with potential to become a 2nd line C. He has not displayed 1st line C skills to me yet. Neither has Greig.

armani

High Jacques
Apr 8, 2005
Uranus
Thank Alfie for The Riddler, he has done remarkably in place of Pinto. Great for his development as a skilled pest, reminds me off a young Marchand. Immense potential.

He is now the 3C alongside points leader Tarasenko and a rejuvenated Joseph.

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
Goal and assist tonight! Odd that if Norris was healthy and Pinto was signed, Grieg could easily have been sent down to AHL. I think he is right near the top of the Rookie scoring race! Even better, he plays solid both ways.
Sometimes these injuries have forced nice accidental discoveries like this. Without Norris' injury maybe Stutzle would still be a left winger?

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Goal and assist tonight! Odd that if Norris was healthy and Pinto was signed, Grieg could easily have been sent down to AHL. I think he is right near the top of the Rookie scoring race! Even better, he plays solid both ways.
He's been the most consistent best forward on the team. They would he in big trouble without him. The addred strength and speed has made him such a disrupted. It's been incredible. No matter who plays with him they get chances and produce. I would like to see tarasenko back playing with him and Joseph. Joseph is better on left wing. Doesn't take passes on his back hand well. Tarasenko Norris Batherson did not work.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I totally forgot he was Calder eligible.

He is in a good spot, I might have to see about getting some money on him.

Total stud.

Icelevel

During these difficult times...
Sep 9, 2009
Ridlyyyyy Ridlyyyyyy RidlYYYYyy Ridly Ridly Ridlyyy Ridlyyyyy Ridlyyyyyy RidlYYYYyy Ridly Ridly Ridlyyy

(I mean we got him for pageau)

• Haha
Reactions: thinkwild

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Grieg has been great. Now we just need Stutzle, Batherson & Norris to get their games back to their top levels.

Boud

Dec 27, 2011
Greig is gonna be clutch for us down the road. He is like a more effective Zach Smith.

I see a lot of Pageau in him. He's the type of guy that's always giving it all, on the smaller side, good offensive instincts but also good two-way play. Plays hard and physical for his size.

He's a bit more of a pest than Pageau is/was but overall a lot of similarities. Will be a fan favourite no doubt.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad