Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
Really like this kid. His compete level is amazing and you can’t coach that. Guys also such a troll on the ice I love it. Getting stars off their game. I’ve really liked his playmaking too. He will probably be moved to wing as you want that size in the middle plus he’s proven. But it’s nice to have a guy who can play anywhere in the middle six.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
So about another week?
December is a tough month. Will be a nice boost when he returns. Will replace jarventie I guess.
Does anybody have more info than its lower body and he's expected to be out at least to November 24th?

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Does anybody have more info than its lower body and he's expected to be out at least to November 24th?
He hasn't started skating . I don't know the exact injury but I think its a tear or a sprain that will take some time on the ice before he plays

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Haven’t heard much on Greig, but I think they said Kasty was a high ankle sprain, so he’ll take awhile and likely will not be the same this season.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
Haven’t heard much on Greig, but I think they said Kasty was a high ankle sprain, so he’ll take awhile and likely will not be the same this season.
Should have put Kasty on ltir on day 1. Even if he was ready to go a game or 2 before he is off ltir wouldn't have been a big loss and give us a little cap relief, we need every dollar when Pinto is back..

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Should have put Kasty on ltir on day 1. Even if he was ready to go a game or 2 before he is off ltir wouldn't have been a big loss and give us a little cap relief, we need every dollar when Pinto is back..
He can go retroactively on LTIR if needed. There is no cap accumulation on LTIR, you just get to use that money while player is injured.

Reactions: Snowwy

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
If needed you can retroactively place a player on LTIR. No need with Chabot out.

Reactions: DrEasy

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Do we know or hear when he will be back?
No, don’t even know what’s wrong with him, other than lower body.
I thought they said when it happened, they said, he won’t be back any time soon, ( was that for Ridley or Kasty, now I’m not sure)

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
No, don’t even know what’s wrong with him, other than lower body.
I thought they said when it happened, they said, he won’t be back any time soon, ( was that for Ridley or Kasty, now I’m not sure)
DJ said that both would be out a matter of weeks not just day to day when it first happened.

Kastelic I remember them saying it was a high ankle sprain, never saw anything for Greig myself but I think @bert said it was also a high ankle sprain for Greig so either he heard something or mixed the two up.

Reactions: Icelevel

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
DJ said that both would be out a matter of weeks not just day to day when it first happened.

Kastelic I remember them saying it was a high ankle sprain, never saw anything for Greig myself but I think @bert said it was also a high ankle sprain for Greig so either he heard something or mixed the two up.
Ya Kastelic is high ankle sprain, Likely won’t be the same for rest of year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Ya Kastelic is high ankle sprain, Likely won’t be the same for rest of year.
Likely true if it was a bad one. I think we always associate high ankle sprains with severe sprains, is it is possible to get a minor one (crossing fingers).

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019

If we are talking about Grieg, all I could find on websites was "lower body" and will be out at least until Nov.24th (or something like that). I mentioned this in another post. Just doesn't seem like a lot of info or updates are available.

SweSensFan

Feb 15, 2019
If needed you can retroactively place a player on LTIR. No need with Chabot out.
As far as I understand we get cap relief to some percentage even after they return from LTIR but I guess it wouldn't be alot for Kasty.

I find it pretty complicated with the rules regarding cap hits and stuff, if someone would explain it and tell how much we are projected to have when it is time to sign Pinto would be apreciated. 🙏

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
As far as I understand we get cap relief to some percentage even after they return from LTIR but I guess it wouldn't be alot for Kasty.

I find it pretty complicated with the rules regarding cap hits and stuff, if someone would explain it and tell how much we are projected to have when it is time to sign Pinto would be apreciated. 🙏
If everyone is healthy and no one gets moved we would need to sign Pinto to something around 850-900K and send a similar AAV to Belleville. I would think we will see a move of some sort around mid January to move out a little more cap.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
If everyone is healthy and no one gets moved we would need to sign Pinto to something around 850-900K and send a similar AAV to Belleville. I would think we will see a move of some sort around mid January to move out a little more cap.
Need Kubalik to score more so he has some value when they have to make room.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad