Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
As far as I understand we get cap relief to some percentage even after they return from LTIR but I guess it wouldn't be alot for Kasty.

I find it pretty complicated with the rules regarding cap hits and stuff, if someone would explain it and tell how much we are projected to have when it is time to sign Pinto would be apreciated. 🙏
Sens get no cap relief from LTIR, it is not accruable, just temporary relief.

Nova Stutzlia

Oct 23, 2021
High ankle sprain is bad news for the rest of the season, even when he does return.

He was injured on Nov. 2, and has been skating for a few days now (3? 5? 7?).
So he started skating less than 3 weeks after being injured.
How long after being injured did Bath start skating? I thought it was longer than 3 weeks.
He was injured on Jan. 25, and started playing on Mar. 26, which is close to 9 weeks, so he probably didn't skate as soon as RG.

Maybe good news.

Reactions: DylanSensFan

Gil Gunderson

May 2, 2007
Ottawa, ON
How long after being injured did Bath start skating? I thought it was longer than 3 weeks.
He was injured on Jan. 25, and started playing on Mar. 26, which is close to 9 weeks, so he probably didn't skate as soon as RG.

Maybe good news.
He'll return but he probably won't get back to where he was pre-injury for a while. Batherson's skating wasn't very good all last year.

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He'll return but he probably won't get back to where he was pre-injury for a while. Batherson's skating wasn't very good all last year.
Bath had a pretty bad sprain though, he was out two full months, didn't start skating until about 6 weeks, Greig has missed three weeks so far and is already skating.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
Is it bad that i want this to drive down his value so we can ink him on July 1 after a down year?

Hale The Villain

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 2, 2008
Is it bad that i want this to drive down his value so we can ink him on July 1 after a down year?

We have plenty of cap space next year, so that's not a worry at all.

It would be much better for the organization for him to have a successful development year.

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005

Maybe good news.
Not really Bath, said was a full year, before it was right.
Greig and Kasty won’t be the same player this year.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
Can't wait for the takes that this injury derailed Greig's star career when he regresses back to being a 30-40 point 3rd line winger like he was always projected to be.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Can't wait for the takes that this injury derailed Greig's star career when he regresses back to being a 30-40 point 3rd line winger like he was always projected to be.
LOL

I can't wait for the takes from the doubters having to eat crow when he comes back and continues to impress.

The kid is skilled, with heart and some of the top compete on this team. He is going to be a beauty for us for a long time.

Also, weird take. Can't wait for a young player who was doing really well as 2C for us to do poorly and top out as a 3rd line W.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
No he wont be the same player until next season. Its too bad he is so injury prone because he is a great player. Unfortunately he can never stay healthy.

Reactions: Cosmix

Alf Silfversson

Jun 8, 2011
No he wont be the same player until next season. Its too bad he is so injury prone because he is a great player. Unfortunately he can never stay healthy.

High ankles are different for everyone. Hoping his youth and outstanding fitness help him bounce back quicker than most. Probably will linger for this season though.

I think he's had bad luck with injuries (to a degree), but is not injury prone. If that makes sense. He doesn't have anything recurring, like a Peter Regin. He just seems to have some bad luck. I also think he protects himself well out there too, as much as a chippy physical guy can. So I don't think it's recklessness, like early career Taylor Hall.

I'm guessing he'll settle in and be a guy who stays mostly healthy for his prime.

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa
LOL

I can't wait for the takes from the doubters having to eat crow when he comes back and continues to impress.

The kid is skilled, with heart and some of the top compete on this team. He is going to be a beauty for us for a long time.

Also, weird take. Can't wait for a young player who was doing really well as 2C for us to do poorly and top out as a 3rd line W.
All I'm saying he will fully heal and continue enjoying his career as a 3rd liner.

• Haha
Reactions: OD99

Que

What?
Feb 12, 2017
Mind Prison
A scarf in November?? What’s he going to do in February, ask for a trade? Weak….. lol ;)

Haha.

I’m fairly certain Kasty is actually quite well educated. The only photos I’ve ever seen of him in the off-season he’s reading a book. Like he could just be flexing for the camera but he definitely comes off as intellectual to me.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
Haha.

I’m fairly certain Kasty is actually quite well educated. The only photos I’ve ever seen of him in the off-season he’s reading a book. Like he could just be flexing for the camera but he definitely comes off as intellectual to me.
Indeed, throw some glasses on along with that scarf and his off to class instead of the rink!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad