Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sens With Benefits

Feb 4, 2010
Canada
He’s a super fun player to watch. He’s always yapping at someone, tangled up with someone, taking a small cheap shot or drawing a penalty. His play making/net drive is underrated too.

If he can chill on the penalties without changing his game too much, that would be ideal.

He’s like Brandon Lemieux but good at hockey too. Or one of my favourite Sens Ruutu.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Was looking at CF and FF:
ES

But they are close, I'll give you that. In any case, we'll see later next month how the team feels who they trust at C.

Pinto has great shutdown potential as well, Greig has had a very positive impact defensively but it doesn't mean we don't want both to become Pageau level defensively. So no matter who plays C, the other could still impact the game defensively from the Wing. I would do this anyway :

Tkachuk - Norris - Giroux
Joseph - Stutzle - Batherson
Greig - Pinto - Tarasenko
Crookshank - Chartier - Kastelic

That 1st line seems to work both ways, 55.7% xGF%, and highest xGF/60 on the team for lines that played at least 15 mins

Stutzle and Batherson are our most skilled forwards, they make some great plays together. I think Joseph completes that line really well and has shown great chemistry with Stutzle before. Plus, he helps them a great deal defensively

Greig and Pinto can work together to shutdown the opposition and can provide secondary scoring, partiuclarly if they have a skilled winger like Tarasenko. His chemistry with Greig looked really good too

That 4th line is not ideal but with those first 3 lines that needs a lot of ice-time, their role would be minimal

GCK

Oct 15, 2018
I think Grieg should move to wing because he can play it better than pinto. I cannot see pinto in the wing
Greig on the wing for the rest of this year and next but maybe Stu in a couple years. The league has changed and there are more line drivers on the wing than ever before.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
I wasn't able to watch the game, but did he sort of get jumped in the fight? He seemed like he was 2nd in knowing the gloves were going to be dropped.

I love how he came back in it but I think there should have been an instigator call.

Reactions: dumbdick

JD1

Sep 12, 2005
I wasn't able to watch the game, but did he sort of get jumped in the fight? He seemed like he was 2nd in knowing the gloves were going to be dropped.

I love how he came back in it but I think there should have been an instigator call.
Ottawa's bench was arguing for an instigator

Reactions: OD99 and DrEasy

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria

Yeah the issue was forced, not really an instigator, it was more an escalation from him poking at their goalie.

If Grieg is going to play the way he does, he’s going to have to stand up for himself at times or he’ll be labelled a rat. He made a good accounting of himself in my opinion, and my opinion of him rose.

He looks like he really does have a well rounded package, and when he gets stronger he’ll be even more of a menace.

Now we just need Boucher, Kleven and Ostapchuk to make the roster and we’ll have several guys who will take turns leading the physical charge and firing each other and the rest up.

Low pro props to Tank as well for his physical play and his presence in the scrums after the whistle; this was unexpected to me as I don’t know much about him. He is a player who is engaged in all aspects of the game, seems to be a solid team player (and star vet, and cup winner, and significant player on said cup winner).

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
Love the way this kid plays, but he's been really cold ever since returning from that high ankle sprain. Last few games he looks better, is getting some shots off and making some good hits, hopefully that's a good sign going forward because of we can get secondary scoring from him it will really help.

Reactions: Cosmix

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Love the way this kid plays, but he's been really cold ever since returning from that high ankle sprain. Last few games he looks better, is getting some shots off and making some good hits, hopefully that's a good sign going forward because of we can get secondary scoring from him it will really help.
The dreaded high ankle. You never see anyone bounce back quickly, although I agree, he has been finding his form and wasn't off as long as many high ankle sprains.

Having him an MJ back, playing quick and bolstering our 3rd line will make a huge difference.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
I think Grieg should move to wing because he can play it better than pinto. I cannot see pinto in the wing
Greig is the last player who should move to the wing. He actually hangs on to pucks and keeps possession. Norris is the one who should be moving to wing first. Greig is also pass first and is a puck distributer.

He's been stuck with Kubalik and Kelly. Pretty hard to be effective with those two players.

Joseph Greig Tarasenko was this teams best line this year. Lets see it.

Reactions: OD99 and Cosmix

Micklebot

Apr 27, 2010
He's been stuck with Kubalik and Kelly. Pretty hard to be effective with those two players.

Joseph Greig Tarasenko was this teams best line this year. Lets see it.
Ya, that's a fair point, I just found he seemed to be more noticeable of late in the way he's been getting around and making things happen, but his linemates certainly haven't helped.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
The only positive of this season.

Dude is a gamer, and this team needs more players like him.

He has looked very good. Clearly the type of player who should be playing with skilled players in the top-6. He combines a high skill level and compete with an agitating and physical style that comes naturally.

Will be interesting to see who slides to the wing if/when Norris and Pinto join Stu and Grieg as healthy centers on the roster.

I would be looking at trying Norris at the wing to start.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
He has looked very good. Clearly the type of player who should be playing with skilled players in the top-6. He combines a high skill level and compete with an agitating and physical style that comes naturally.

Will be interesting to see who slides to the wing if/when Norris and Pinto join Stu and Grieg as healthy centers on the roster.

I would be looking at trying Norris at the wing to start.
Pinto return is coming soon. I think they ease him for the first couple of games at C maybe switching some shifts with Charts through the first couple of games. I like Greig at C. I think Pinto is best at C and I think we could see some experimentation with Norris on the W.. but I think Greig is more versatile as well.

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
Pinto return is coming soon. I think they ease him for the first couple of games at C maybe switching some shifts with Charts through the first couple of games. I like Greig at C. I think Pinto is best at C and I think we could see some experimentation with Norris on the W.. but I think Greig is more versatile as well.

Would like to see Ridley and Tim together at some point. They can both really push the pace on the rush and make skilled plays at high speeds.

Reactions: DrEasy

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
As much as this season is pooched, the future is fairly bright for the sens with greig and pinto coming up.

Can't wait to watch these two blossom into their own while not being fed to the dogs playing too high on the depth chart.

We just need three good forward duos to match together, and we've got the depth down the middle to do it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Would like to see Ridley and Tim together at some point. They can both really push the pace on the rush and make skilled plays at high speeds.
I really like him on the line he is on now. I think they compliment each other really well. They all play straight line and all have very good battle level and are willing to grind it out . I thought they supported each other really well vs the Avs last night. I think that's the style that best suits Greig and Tkachuk.
I could see a Greig Stutzle Giroux line working as well. I like Norris but I have not liked his battle level this year so if it was me I'd move him to the wing and leave that GGT line intact.. I would like to see Norris Stutzle Batherson to see how that could work.

Reactions: Cosmix

Dionysus

Oct 7, 2007
Around the bend
I really like him on the line he is on now. I think they compliment each other really well. They all play straight line and all have very good battle level and are willing to grind it out . I thought they supported each other really well vs the Avs last night. I think that's the style that best suits Greig and Tkachuk.
I could see a Greig Stutzle Giroux line working as well. I like Norris but I have not liked his battle level this year so if it was me I'd move him to the wing and leave that GGT line intact.. I would like to see Norris Stutzle Batherson to see how that could work.

Agreed, GGT has been great since put together. Great compete and cycle work. Norris-Stutzle-Batherson could be interesting. Tank just can't get any separation with his skating anymore. Hurts him getting his shot off, and on defense.

dumbdick

Galactic Defender
May 31, 2008
I want to see both Greig and Joseph promoted into the top 6 (on different lines).

And i feel like we need either bath or G to be stapled to norris to make him succesful.

By definition I think that means tank is demoted to the 3rd line.

Build lines around that somehow.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Love Ridly, but his reads as a center are what you would expect from a pretty raw rookie. No doubt he is going to the wing when Pinto and Norris are back

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad