Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Love Ridly, but his reads as a center are what you would expect from a pretty raw rookie. No doubt he is going to the wing when Pinto and Norris are back
Care to elaborate? I'd argue he's already better than Norris and Pinto is unclear since we haven't seen him play in a year, and last year he was pretty average being the #2C.

Reactions: NB613

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Makes some very rookie mistakes and if he wasn’t so ferocious more people would be focused on them. But he is what we need.

otown

Sep 4, 2009
Hard not to like what Greig brings to the team. A ray of sunshine in a dismal season!

lancepitlick

Nov 20, 2016
Dude has been extremely impressive and seems to be in the right place at the right time for his hustle to pay off. It makes most of the roster look lazy by comparison.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Some Cool (well maybe Nerdy) facts about Ridley Greig and how he's doing in his rookie year on this senators team.
Most of us love what Ridley brings to this team. .. just presenting the numbers.
I think we should be pretty happy and proud of these numbers and he is just getting started

Among Forwards 5v5 rates 2023-24 as of 2024-01-17

4th in CF%
1st in SA/60 Shots against per 60
3rd in SF% Shots For vs Shots Against %
1st in GF% Goals For vs Goals Against %
3rd in XGF expected goals for
2nd in XGA expected goals against
1st in XGF%
5th in SCF/60 scoring chances for per 60
4th in SCA/60 scoring chances against per 60
4th in SCF%
3rd in HDCF/60 high danger scoring chances for per 60
1st in HDCA/60 high danger scoring chances against per 60 (top of the class)
2nd in HDCF%
1st in HDGF/60 high danger goals for per 60
2nd in HDGA/60 high danger goals against per 60
1st in HDGF%
3rd in Total Assists/60
1st in 1st Assists/60
4th in Penalties Drawn / 60
2nd fewest Giveaways / 60
3rd in Hits/60

glossary

DrEasy

Out rumptackling
Oct 3, 2010
Stützville
It's kinda crazy that by adding Greig and with Joseph resurgence, the team is doing worse than last season. Plus Norris is back playing and Chychrun is playing the whole season
Hot take: I think adding Chychrun made this team worse. Just not a good fit. Then you account for Norris and Stutzle playing through injuries, special teams that have regressed due to different personnel and injuries, and you have the current results.

Reactions: NB613 and Xspyrit

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Some Cool (well maybe Nerdy) facts about Ridley Greig and how he's doing in his rookie year on this senators team.
Most of us love what Ridley brings to this team. .. just presenting the numbers.
I think we should be pretty happy and proud of these numbers and he is just getting started

Among Forwards 5v5 rates 2023-24 as of 2024-01-17

4th in CF%
1st in SA/60 Shots against per 60
3rd in SF% Shots For vs Shots Against %
1st in GF% Goals For vs Goals Against %
3rd in XGF expected goals for
2nd in XGA expected goals against
1st in XGF%
5th in SCF/60 scoring chances for per 60
4th in SCA/60 scoring chances against per 60
4th in SCF%
3rd in HDCF/60 high danger scoring chances for per 60
1st in HDCA/60 high danger scoring chances against per 60 (top of the class)
2nd in HDCF%
1st in HDGF/60 high danger goals for per 60
2nd in HDGA/60 high danger goals against per 60
1st in HDGF%
3rd in Total Assists/60
1st in 1st Assists/60
4th in Penalties Drawn / 60
2nd fewest Giveaways / 60
3rd in Hits/60

glossary
Absolutely a stud and future Captain.

Embodiment of what we want in players as the team gets to the playoffs.

In 20 games or so, it will be very interesting to see him and Pinto both playing and the influence it has on the team.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
323756.jpg

Nac Mac Feegle

wee & free
Jun 10, 2011
I like his game, but I'll hold back on the gushing praise. Just sit back and watch him and let him develop naturally. I don't want him taking top 6 icetime and responsibilities just yet. He still needs a slow and steady development plan.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
IIRC I said before the season he would be our 6th best forward, better than Tarasenko, Kubalik, Joseph and Pinto

He's also been better than Norris

So far this season IMO, I'd rank the forwards overall like this :

1- Giroux
2- Batherson
3- Tkachuk
4- Stutzle
5- Greig
6- Joseph
7- Tarasenko
8- Norris
9- Kubalik
10- Kastelic
11- Chartier
12- Kelly
13- MacEwen

swiftwin

★SUMMER.OF.STEVE★
Jul 26, 2005
IIRC I said before the season he would be our 6th best forward, better than Tarasenko, Kubalik, Joseph and Pinto

He's also been better than Norris

So far this season IMO, I'd rank the forwards overall like this :

1- Giroux
2- Batherson
3- Tkachuk
4- Stutzle
5- Greig
6- Joseph
7- Tarasenko
8- Norris
9- Kubalik
10- Kastelic
11- Chartier
12- Kelly
13- MacEwen
Kelly is way too low. I'd put him above Kubalik.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
Care to elaborate? I'd argue he's already better than Norris and Pinto is unclear since we haven't seen him play in a year, and last year he was pretty average being the #2C.
It is not a criticism, just a fact about a young center who has not played a lot of hockey. Makes major gaffes, as expected, and Jacques was right to temper expectations with his comments. Instead of DJ and Dorion rubbing one out every time a player makes a great play, Jacques is making the next Havlat, Hossa, Alfredsson, Fisher, etc... and Spezza , whether the player likes it or not

Reactions: Sting and PlayOn

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
Kelly is way too low. I'd put him above Kubalik.

I could live with that, Kelly has a higher 5 on 5 xGF% than Kubalik despite an harder deployment, but they're very close in terms of their inefficiency

I was just putting Kubalik above because he has 5 more goals than Kelly.

Do you agree with the rest?

Agent Zuuuub

Jan 2, 2015
been our best forward. brings it in all three zones and with passion. true hockey player.

he would rock a C well.

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Love this dude. He's already knocking on the door for that 2C spot. Pinto and Norris need to watch their backs.

The result is some very healthy internal competition at center between our guys.

Hopefully he can become a Mike Richards lite with some prime Zack Smith sprinkled in there. That would be wicked.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Love Ridly, but his reads as a center are what you would expect from a pretty raw rookie. No doubt he is going to the wing when Pinto and Norris are back
An absolutely ice cold take. He's a way better puck distributer than both of them, he also hangs on to it better. He is also the hardest to play against of the three of them and has the worst shot. Norris is the obvious player to move to wing. He has the best shot, he's the least engaged physically.

Big Muddy

Dec 15, 2019
Grieg has a nice combination of grit & physical play along with skill. He can play in the paint as well and make contributions in that part of the ice which I think we need more of and which I think Martin has been talking about. Goals don't always need to be fancy plays.

It will be interesting to see how the situation with Norris, Pinto & Grieg shakes out.

Xspyrit

DJ Dorion
Jun 29, 2008
Montreal, Canada
An absolutely ice cold take. He's a way better puck distributer than both of them, he also hangs on to it better. He is also the hardest to play against of the three of them and has the worst shot. Norris is the obvious player to move to wing. He has the best shot, he's the least engaged physically.

Yeah moving Norris to the wing is the smartest thing to do right now. Takes some pressure off him to get his game back and if he can sneak behind defenses, more scoring opportunities

Tkachuk - Greig - Giroux
Joseph - Stutzle - Batherson
Norris - Pinto - Tarasenko
Kelly - Chartier - Kastelic
MacEwen

Trade Kubalik and replace him by Pinto in the lineup

Reactions: Sting and NB613

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
Yeah moving Norris to the wing is the smartest thing to do right now. Takes some pressure off him to get his game back and if he can sneak behind defenses, more scoring opportunities

Tkachuk - Greig - Giroux
Joseph - Stutzle - Batherson
Norris - Pinto - Tarasenko
Kelly - Chartier - Kastelic
MacEwen

Trade Kubalik and replace him by Pinto in the lineup
This is exactly the lineup I'd run. It's clear as day that Greig is a top 6 talent.

Ice-Tray

Jan 31, 2006
Victoria
That draft was epic. Grieg looking better and better. Dude can hopefully fill out a bit and add some heat behind those hits.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad