Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
An absolutely ice cold take. He's a way better puck distributer than both of them, he also hangs on to it better. He is also the hardest to play against of the three of them and has the worst shot. Norris is the obvious player to move to wing. He has the best shot, he's the least engaged physically.
Well we will see but it is a nice problem to have.

Joeyjoejoe

Dec 18, 2015
The dude has some really soft hands. He made 2 great feather saucer passes on his back hand in the Jets game. 1 was in 1st period where he feathers it to Giroux in the left slot for a great shot chance. The other was the nice feather pass to Tkachuk in the front where he barely misses the net with a backhand shot.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
The dude has some really soft hands. He made 2 great feather saucer passes on his back hand in the Jets game. 1 was in 1st period where he feathers it to Giroux in the left slot for a great shot chance. The other was the nice feather pass to Tkachuk in the front where he barely misses the net with a backhand shot.
Looks like Greig is moving to the wing today. He should be able to be more aggressive on the forecheck causing the Flyers to turn the puck over.

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
Being a player you can move around is a big plus and speaks to his IQ and flexibility.

He lets other players be in positions they are more comfortable with.

coladin

Sep 18, 2009
An absolutely ice cold take. He's a way better puck distributer than both of them, he also hangs on to it better. He is also the hardest to play against of the three of them and has the worst shot. Norris is the obvious player to move to wing. He has the best shot, he's the least engaged physically.
Ice ice baby.

FunkySeeFunkyDoo

Feb 3, 2009
Ottawa
When did you last see Pinto on the wing?
Never.

But his skill set translates well to the wing, big guy with speed and a good shot.

And, I think to clarify… I really meant that I think Greig is more effective at center, better playmaker and better hockey sense. There’s a reason Tkachuk-Greig-Giroux has been so dangerous and since Greig joined it.

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Never.

But his skill set translates well to the wing, big guy with speed and a good shot.

And, I think to clarify… I really meant that I think Greig is more effective at center, better playmaker and better hockey sense. There’s a reason Tkachuk-Greig-Giroux has been so dangerous and since Greig joined it.
Norris should move to the wing imo. Pinto is an excellent 3C.

aragorn

Do The Right Thing
Aug 8, 2004
Love the way Greig plays, what we need is a few more playing that way including Batherson.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Love the way Greig plays, what we need is a few more playing that way including Batherson.
Bath made a great play up a goal. He got clipped with something could see he was hurt. And booked it to the middle of the zone and blocked a shot

Sensmileletsgo

Oct 22, 2018
Easily has been our second best center. He should be on the top line between Tkachuk and Giroux with Norris and Pinto in the bottom 6

SpezDispenser

Aug 15, 2007
No he’s best suited at C.

I said in Greigs draft year he’s better suited on the wing.

Norris should join him as well
Agreed.

Greig will be a great winger for puck retrieval. I'd echo the sentiments that he should be on stu's wing permanently - forechecking and getting pucks for him.

Reactions: DJB

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad