Player Discussion Ridly Greig (LW) 28th Overall

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Butchy Dakkar

Dark Butch Yak didn't seem right.
Oct 3, 2020
After his last game where he kept on blocking shots, getting helped off, coming back to block another shot .. Pinto was comparing him to Scott Sterling of this video where the commentators really made me laugh. And im sorry, but now everytime the RIddler blocks a shot im going to be yelling - Scott Sterling! :)

That is the funniest thing I have seen in years, OMG. Potty Python couldn’t have staged that better!

Edit - it was funnier when I had my device on low volume and I couldn’t quite hear the announcers. I thought it was staged as if it was real, but with the announcers it’s over the top. Still pretty funny though.

Last edited:
Reactions: R We A Team

HSF

Sep 3, 2008
any update on his current injury?

He seems very injury prone which is concerning for the style of game he plays. Might have to tone it down a tad

Dan Patrick

Mar 11, 2020
any update on his current injury?

He seems very injury prone which is concerning for the style of game he plays. Might have to tone it down a tad

I think Mann was saying he is day to day and could be back with the team on Wednesday against Laval.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Time to call up Ridly Greig from the Bsens have him centre a line between Batherson & AD.

Last edited:

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Time to call up Ridly Greig from the Bsens have him centre a line between Batherson & AD.
Literally the opposite of what they should be doing. If they had a chance to make the playoffs and he can contribute sure give it a shot. But the season is lost now, let him develop correctly which is in the AHL playing 20+ minutes a game in all situations. Keep him away from this tire fire of a losing culture.

Reactions: DJB

Golden_Jet

Sep 21, 2005
Not needed, Brass played quite well there last night, must of sent up ADC , about 4 times, cat is just snake bitten atm. Greig is not ready yet.

scout20

Jul 21, 2022
Not needed, Brass played quite well there last night, must of sent up ADC , about 4 times, cat is just snake bitten atm. Greig is not ready yet.
You might be right but I see Greig being a Mike Richards/Mike Peca type player who drags his team into the fight and energizes the bench. He might be the spark the team needs right now.

Sting

Feb 8, 2004
I love Greig but let's be honest, he is 6GP, 0G, 3A, -3. He should be nowhere near the NHL club until he's dominating down there.

Reactions: DrEasy and DJB

Larionov

Feb 9, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Greig needs to find his scoring touch in Belleville. He doesn't have a goal yet, and we need him to become a guy who chips in offensively at the NHL level. The parent team is on a slow boat to nowhere this season, so we might as well let the prospects marinate and just play a jabroni like Gambrell as a place holder. (Yes, this season is basically Groundhog Day.)

DJB

Jan 6, 2009
twitter.com
This is why you don’t overreact to the WJHC like most fans do.

Greig was never ready for the NHL and it was silly that so many were clamouring for him to be with the big club.

If anything he was the type of prospect you take your time with so that he can properly develop his offensive game at each level so he can be a top 6 guy and not just another Lazar bottom 6 type

Reactions: Cosmix

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Took a bit of time to get back up to speed in the AHL, but is now dominating with 5 goals and 6 points in his last 3 games. Wouldn't this be a good time to give him a taste of the NHL while Jo is out?

Reactions: Dionysus

NB613

Jul 26, 2013
Ottawa
Took a bit of time to get back up to speed in the AHL, but is now dominating with 5 goals and 6 points in his last 3 games. Wouldn't this be a good time to give him a taste of the NHL while Jo is out?
Definitely trending in the right direction!

3 games in AHL is basically half a week? How has he been in bigger sample?

Reactions: Cosmix

Cosmix

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 24, 2011
Ottawa

Tempting, but that is only 3 games; so I would wait for more AHL games to see if it continues and also to give him time to mature physically and further develop his skills. He is still very young and somewhat small.

EDIT: He is 5'11 but only listed at 163 lbs.

Last edited:
Reactions: DrEasy

StoicSensFan

ᕕ(ᐛ)ᕗ
Feb 6, 2014
Definitely trending in the right direction!

3 games in AHL is basically half a week? How has he been in bigger sample?
9 points in the 10 games since returning from injury, but Belleville has been playing with quite the depleted lineup due to injury and callups. Now that they have a few back, I expect him to continue lighting the AHL up (like the last 3 games).

Reactions: NB613 and DrEasy

OD99

Oct 13, 2012
9 points in the 10 games since returning from injury, but Belleville has been playing with quite the depleted lineup due to injury and callups. Now that they have a few back, I expect him to continue lighting the AHL up (like the last 3 games).
I think all parties are better served if he stays in the AHL through the end of the season.

He needs to play a bunch of hockey and will get loads of minutes down there. Maybe a few games at the end for a taste but even then, fighting for a playoff spot and getting post season experience in the AHL would be best.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad