RD David Jiricek (2022, 6th, CBJ)

Breakers

Make Mirrored Visors Legal Again
Aug 5, 2014
Denver Colorado
Nice, really nice.

Such a great prospect. That bomb from the point is just another asset that makes him a complete dman if he keeps developing that way.

Last edited:
Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018

Get his ass to Eastern Canada! Bubble wrap him.

To the above.. Lysell is also a forward and in his D plus 2.

Under 20 Dmen in the AHL are very rare and never at a .ppg pace. Nemec (who is awesome and just as good as him) has 10 points in 23 games (which is exceptional)

1671309704278.png

Sorted by age.. not 100% usually from quanthockey.

stevo61

Jul 5, 2011
Canada

Get his ass to Eastern Canada! Bubble wrap him.

To the above.. Lysell is also a forward and in his D plus 2.

Under 20 Dmen in the AHL are very rare and never at a .ppg pace. Nemec (who is awesome and just as good as him) has 10 points in 23 games (which is exceptional)

View attachment 622948

Sorted by age.. not 100% usually from quanthockey.

Here is all time scoring leaders by 19 year old defenseman. Strange list but Jiricek is on pace to do some pretty amazing things
Screenshot_20221217-150305_Samsung Internet.jpg

vildurson

Jun 2, 2021
Well, those of us who were really high on Jirice last year seem to be on good track so far. He has had little bumps in his development but he is trending into right direction so far.

Maybe even having faster development path than expected. I think I was expecting one year in extraliga and one year in AHL but seems like he could be ready by next year.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
Well, those of us who were really high on Jirice last year seem to be on good track so far. He has had little bumps in his development but he is trending into right direction so far.

Maybe even having faster development path than expected. I think I was expecting one year in extraliga and one year in AHL but seems like he could be ready by next year.

He still has a lot of improvement to do in defending and getting stronger but his PP QB ability is likely to get him fast tracked to the NHL. You hope for the player to be ready in all aspects and I usually argue for two years development, but in this case he is expected to provide an instant upgrade in his position so of course he'll be in the NHL next year.

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Jiricek, as of now, looks like an out of the stadium homerun.

His stats in the AHL are mind blowing considering he's an 18 yo defenseman.

Add to it he's 6'3", doesn't back down from physical play and RH, you have the kind of defenseman that are such a rarity in the NHL.

Colombus will have a strong team earlier than later.

mistaclick

Feb 2, 2022
Not surprising for those who watched him last year and did their work. He’ll easily be a ~30 pt 20-22 minute defender, but has the ability to be much more. I don’t care if he’s getting most of his points on the PP, he’s young and already has good tendencies, plus that shot will always be a threat. He’ll be like a Brent Burns, better defensively.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Curious how strong he is because he is going to be doing a lot of heavy lifting at the Jrs. I imagine he'll be very busy for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad