RD Brandon Montour (2012 undrafted; 2014, 55th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
Such an exciting player. I wonder when he gets a call up. Though I want him to stay down and keep producing.

Vinegar Strokes

Dirty Ducks
Oct 26, 2006
San DIego
Just call him up and play him with Vatanen. At least I'd have two exciting players to watch on our boring ass team.

All kidding aside, let him dominate the AHL this year, let him get his feet wet with a couple of games towards the end of the season, then give him a chance next season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Usually I get antsy for players like him to be recalled and see how he does in NHL. But Id love to see Ducks leave him be this season and play the whole year in AHL uninterrupted.

He has potential to win rookie of year, has potential to win top dman and is even in the running to finish atop the league lead in points. Let him do his thing and play in the Allstar game and sit confidence will be SOARING going into next year at camp

blink

Mar 6, 2002
Ontario
So glad I picked him in my fantasy league draft last year.

Him and Gostisbehere have me pretty excited....

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I cant wait to see what Ducks decide to do with all their young stud dmen over the next year or 2....

Fowler -23- still a few years left on deal
Despres - 24 - extension hasn't even kicked in yet that he signed
Vatanen - 24 - due for a huge raise after this year
Manson - 24 - still a few years left on his deal
Hampus - 21 - due for a huge raise after this year

and Stoner/Bieksa still have multiple years left totalling around 8 mill total between the 2 of them

then waiting in the wings very soon are Montour and Theodore amongst other high picks that are dmen.

Going to be extremely tough getting everyone signed and under contract while still wanting to get Montour and Theo up soon. I can very well see a trade happening that involves a Vatanen type or something soon unfortunately. Unless they think outside the box and move someone else..... perhaps Fowler???!!... I really don't know what will happen cause Id love to see everyone stay.. and who knows, maybe it can happen

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Brandon_Montour.jpg

Insane.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Sauced - you seem to comment on Montour often. Serious question, do you watch him play frequently or just enjoying tracking his stats/progress?

Yes I've watched every Gulls game other than 2 on HS. He's been the best defensemen in every game I have watched other than maybe 1 or 2, Theodore has been pretty bad thus far. He is one of those players that catches your eye whether you are looking for him or not, same at rookie camp this and last year. He does get caught up ice a lot because he tries to drive the play but he has been getting better and better at making decisions like these as the season has gone on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad