RD Brandon Montour (2012 undrafted; 2014, 55th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SmokeyDuck

Jul 27, 2010
Anaheim, CA
Wow, this kid won't stop scoring. He's a dman too. Very impressive, has scored at almost a ppg at every level hockey they throw at him. Boom or bust pick, hes definitely booming currently, but we will see how he does in the show.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
my preseason prediction for him leading into the season was him finishing the year at a point per game. I know it seems a little far fetched but he isn't letting me down so far!!!

I know that's not a very easy thing to accomplish but it was a bold prediction!

just so damn good offensively and is always one of the most exciting players to watch every game.

also he has the 2nd best +- on the team

Oct 18, 2011
he still needs time to marinate but it will be interesting this summer perhaps vatanen is traded and montour/theodore compete for that spot

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
he still needs time to marinate but it will be interesting this summer perhaps vatanen is traded and montour/theodore compete for that spot

ya if he keeps up this play itll either make vatanen expendable for next season OR he will be utilized as a major piece at deadline if Ducks are in a position for a push.

Gonna be interested to see what happens. I hope he gets a couple games in NHL this year to see how he does

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
He leads AHL dmen in Pts and all Ahl rookies in points

Ya its crazy...

7th highest point total in AHL
1st highest point total in AHL Dmen
1st highest point total in AHL rookie skaters
2nd best +- total on his Gulls team

Ducks hit another dman homerun here so far. Broken record after every game that all fans (from Gulls and fans from other teams) say he is most exciting player on the ice

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
NjW13wu.png

http://hfboards.mandatory.com/showpost.php?p=107754551&postcount=118

I saw this coming from a mile away. Such a stud everywhere he goes.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
NjW13wu.png

ya I think everyone got extremely excited last year and had extremely high hopes for him this season when he took the NCAA by storm and put up 20 points in 21 games part way through the season and then ended the 2014 season in the AHL with 10 points in 14 games

I know heading into this season, he was one of the guys I was very intrigued to see how he does... and so far he has exceeded my expectations(and I had real high hopes for him)

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
NjW13wu.png

Yeah i have been hyped up about him ever since i learned that up to the draft he wasn`t even focusing 100% on hockey yet, as he was playing a lot of lacrosse too. Apparently he is a hard worker in training sessions too so i just imagined what he will do when he goes full focus on hockey and well here he is, not dissapointing.

Our Lady Peace

Aug 12, 2014
BC
This guy appears to be quite the diamond in the rough. His vision is off the charts. I've only seen highlight videos of him so I can only really comment on his (damn good) offensive abilities. I'd like to know if any Gulls fans can assess Montour's defensive play.

Gliff

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Sep 24, 2011
Middle Tennessee
The last defensemen, rookie or not, to finish the season in the AHL over a PPG: Justin Schultz.

And that was on a loaded team with Eberle coming off a PPG season in the NHL and Hall a 27 goal season in the NHL.

TopShelfWaterBottle

Registered
Mar 16, 2014
The last defensemen, rookie or not, to finish the season in the AHL over a PPG: Justin Schultz.

And that was on a loaded team with Eberle coming off a PPG season in the NHL and Hall a 27 goal season in the NHL.

How dare your speak that name in these here boards

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006

So you're telling me Montour is a future Norris winner, huh?

DonskoiDonscored

Oct 12, 2013

Good thing Montour is competent defensively :naughty:

I hope the Ducks call him up so he can stop stomping on the Barracuda.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
hes kinda like the AHL version of John Klingberg right now haha

both over a point a game
both top 10 league scorers
both leading their leagues in dmen scoring

and last but not least...both exciting as hell to watch

Oct 18, 2011
Not sure it means much but with Ritchie's promotion, Montour atleast visually looks like San Diego's best player.

WhatWhat

Aug 7, 2014
Dude is putting up numbers like Klingberg did. Hopefully for the Ducks he transitions to the show as well as Klingberg

jeffl97

Dec 5, 2010
So far in the AHL:
Tied for 1st in points for rookies
Tied for 2nd in overall points
1st in points from a defenseman
18GP 5G 15A 20P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad