RD Brandon Montour (2012 undrafted; 2014, 55th, ANA)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Deal starts next season so I am assuming he will sign a PTO and play remainder of season in Norfolk?

Sojourn

Nov 1, 2006
who knows... major log jam of good young dmen in that organization

Of a particular sort, as well. If Montour were a strong defensive asset(as in, on the defensive side of the game), he might already be getting a look.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Of a particular sort, as well. If Montour were a strong defensive asset(as in, on the defensive side of the game), he might already be getting a look.

ya hes pretty much a pure offensive righty and Ducks really aren't in the need of that right now. He will put up huge numbers in AHL this year and who knows what'll happen next year... no real rush.. worst comes to worse he could be a real attractive trade asset by seasons end if he puts up huge numbers

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia
Montour has 5 points in 7 games in the AHL. Any idea as to when he'll play for ANA?

May i add he had 10 points in 14 AHL games last year too but he has never been a ''big name'' so some Ducks fans learned from other teams fans that he is a crappy prospect worth nothing :laugh:

But yeah what he could now give to Ducks we are already getting from Vatanen so Montour is staying in SD right now.

Markus078

Feb 26, 2003
Austria
Visit site
8 points in 10 games and the folks who follow the Gulls more frequently say he is in beast mode more often than not.

From the few things I've seen, skating is sensational as is his ability at the power play.

I can see him pushing for the big club next season.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
8 points in 10 games and the folks who follow the Gulls more frequently say he is in beast mode more often than not.

From the few things I've seen, skating is sensational as is his ability at the power play.

Ya a lot of people that watch Gulls games leave saying he is the most exciting and one of the most skilled on the team. Really hope he continues having a strong season in the AHL.

People instantly notice him out there

Brew

The top of HF’s most disliked
Sep 22, 2007

From what I've read on him, it kinda sounds like it wouldn't be surprising if he got the #7-dman by the end of the season and possibly step in.

AngelDuck

Rak 'em up
Jun 16, 2012
It's his vision. He's a good skater but nothing amazing. His creativity and the way he sees the play open up from the point is what really sets him apart from other decent OFD prospects. He's going to be an offensive dynamo, hopefully the defensive side can catch up

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
Shocking to me that nobody really noticed this kid all the way through his development. It was considered a reach at 55th when the Ducks took him. Hell, I drafted him in the 4th round of my keeper and thought I had taken him too soon. There's going to be some serious buzz about this kid very soon. When he hits NHL ice, there will be no way to hide his progress anymore. He's beating every level they're throwing at him. 17 points in 25 AHL games to start his career. He's going to bully his way into Anaheim soon.

Ducks Nation*

Mar 19, 2013
Shocking to me that nobody really noticed this kid all the way through his development. It was considered a reach at 55th when the Ducks took him. Hell, I drafted him in the 4th round of my keeper and thought I had taken him too soon. There's going to be some serious buzz about this kid very soon. When he hits NHL ice, there will be no way to hide his progress anymore. He's beating every level they're throwing at him. 17 points in 25 AHL games to start his career. He's going to bully his way into Anaheim soon.

I don't know if that's the right word :laugh:

Vagrant

The Czech Condor
Feb 27, 2002
North Carolina
Visit site
I don't know if that's the right word :laugh:

Haha, well I meant that he's going to push his way into the lineup by force of being so dominant in the AHL that they have to adjust in Anaheim either by trading someone or letting someone walk. It's just tough that they have so many OFD in Anaheim or else he might already be getting a sniff.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad